It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mchack: Soo, the towny thing to do would be to play, now wouldn't it? It just won't do to know one scum up front and then not have him play? In the end someone else rolls their scum slot and we wouldn't even know who... I mean innocent people could get hurt O.o
bler144: Town has a much better chance of winning if I'm not town, that is true.
that is not true. you were doing very good last game! ...it was just that scum was particularly scummy and evil then.
And since this is something to be avoided at all costs, I urge you to do your duty as the brutal bulletproof mafia lover that you assured us you are going to roll and get yourself lynched D1 (this sign up thread will greatly help in this department) taking down at least one other naive mafia traitor lover with you in the process. For Town and Glory. :D

ebwo uh edit:

btw, only sign ups get to shoot each other in a short and bloody russian roulette that you'll surely enjoy much more than the last one since there's one less homocidal maniac around this time.
shoot bler
oops

btw, btw. if you don't sign up willingly, I hear zfr has ways of commanding people to do his bidding. it's quite spooky actually so better do what he says out of your own free will, before...
(just think of bookwyrm. he hasn't been seen again after zfr was done with him... just saying.)
Post edited August 07, 2018 by mchack
All those roles and no Town-Arsonist?
bler144: makes perfect sense.

So is..."regular" = vanilla?

Or just a characeter with a healthy, fibrous diet? In which case I guess we know what their night action is.
Yeah I'm using regular to mean no-power. It's to avoid the controversial issues

Lifthrasil: All those roles and no Town-Arsonist?
hahaha. I read that one.
On that note there's no limit to the alignment of these roles - for example a mafia lyncher or a town godfather is not impossible.

bler144: Thanks for compiling all that, though. I'm hoping the flavour cop will end up being Qualifier Cop.

Which would be particularly funny if there weren't even any qualifiers in play.
Flavour Cop learns names or other flavourful information about a character. It's more often called name cop, but flavour cop is more practical. The Qualifier Cop is MCKA the Psychoanalist.

(MCKA = mercy can kill anybody)

mchack: Doctor (...is a role that targets a player at Night to protect that player from a single kill made during that Night.)
A doctor may protect against multiple kills to the same target, provided, of course, that they haven't been transformed into murderous robot.

mchack: Masons (...are a group of players who can speak to each other privately and know that everyone in their group is not a member of the Mafia.)
The masons can't necessarily speak to each other privately, but often yeah.

mchack: Strongarm (? probalbly strongman which ... is a role modifier that signifies that any kills performed by this player cannot be blocked by any means - neither by Bulletproof, nor by Doctor or other protective roles, nor by Roleblocks.)
A strongman is a performance act, often in the circus but sometimes seen on stage and television, wherein the performer demonstrates feats of great strength, often employing illusions and stagecraft.

mchack: Bulletproof (...is a role modifier that allows a player to avoid being killed at Night)
The qualifiers are generally passive - the player is not given a choice in the matter.

mchack: Frictionless (... can't be blocked OR redirected. And maybe also have to use their ability.)
I won't be using the 'forced to use ability' variant it is OFF THE CARDS.

Excellent work McHack. Six Forum Mafia points for you.
So this will be a role-and-other-madness game?
Lifthrasil: So this will be a role-and-other-madness game?
I don't think Joe is capable of any other kind of game. :-)
bler144: ping
So as someone who's been a cop in literally every game he ever played ... what do you reckon the power cop does?
since we already have:
-flavor cop for names and stuff
-role cop for roles
-psychoanalyst for qualifiers
-cop for alignment

I don't know what else to cop...

also while you're at it, a prosecuter sounds like someone a cop would know. So what's he do in a game of mafia?

(obviously I should be asking Joe himself but I feel he maybe wouldn't answer right out questions about the roles and qualifiers (not that I tried), but speculating about them and him then correcting the speculations has worked pretty good so far. So please do continue and let's hope he doesn't find out what we're up to *wink wink*)
bler144: ping
mchack: So as someone who's been a cop in literally every game he ever played ... what do you reckon the power cop does?
since we already have:
-flavor cop for names and stuff
-role cop for roles
-psychoanalyst for qualifiers
-cop for alignment

I don't know what else to cop...
Maybe he can cop a feel.

Or Power Cop is another name for Vanilla Cop, which just tells whether the target has a power or not. But not which one.
Lifthrasil: Or Power Cop is another name for Vanilla Cop, which just tells whether the target has a power or not. But not which one.
makes sense, thanks added. :)

btw.: Do you think the machismo qualifier might simply be what is found as macho in the wiki, meaning "it negates the effects of a Doctor or Bodyguard protecting it"?
Post edited August 07, 2018 by mchack
mchack: makes sense, thanks added. :)

btw.: Do you think the machismo qualifier might simply be what is found as macho in the wiki, meaning "it negates the effects of a Doctor or Bodyguard protecting it"?
Probably.
Lifthrasil: Probably.
ok then please also explain those:

Brutal
Epic
Conditional

Prosecutor
Tyrannosaur
Invalid

And I am aware the Joe might just be pulling a leg, still what could a conditional tyrannosaur be in a game of mafia?

hmm at least no cult stuff in here it seems. so Vitek, HSL et al. you can safely sign up :D it's just a normal role and otherwise madness game.
The only one I can make sense of is Conditional. Which probably just means that the power depends on some conditions. Like every odd night. Or 'only if you are targeted by another power'. Or a Day-Power that only works on people who are voting for you at that moment.

The others are probably just Joe messing with us.
Prosecutor - chooses a target. If there is a cop in the game they must investigate that target (though it's the cop and not prosecutor who gets the result).
Post edited August 07, 2018 by ZFR
neat thank you two :)

now that makes me think Joe just put all those other roles there as a red hering and has the whole game designed around the two omnipotent arch enemies Epic Tyrannosaur vs Brutal Invalid and the rest of the players are just regular and fibrous diet for the two.

dips on Brutal Invalid
mchack: neat thank you two :)
I totally made the above up, by the way.
ZFR: Prosecutor - chooses a target. If there is a cop in the game they must investigate that target (though it's the cop and not prosecutor who gets the result).
hahaha!! ;)

It should be called "Manager". Any role can have a manager that directs their targets for them.

A variant is Micro-Manager, who directs a role, and ALSO tells them what result they have to get - if they get the wrong result they have to do it again until they get it right.

Imagine the relief for the cop when they lynch their manager! ;)