It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY gets a new batch of features to customize your experience with the client and add some quality of life improvements.

After testing the customization of the "Recent" view on the experimental branch and applying the needed fixes, we're rolling out the feature to all GOG GALAXY users. What's it all about? Now you can add or remove widgets on the "Recent" view and move them around to your liking, and create a completely personalized experience that is tailor-fit for you.

That's not all that the Proteus update introduces to the client. For better accessibility we have placed your GOG Games Wishlist on the left sidebar, so you can keep it closer to your heart. Thanks to a separate tab listing all owned DLCs, it’s now easier to find, filter out and manage the additional content. You'll find the DLCs tab in the game's configuration window. Last but not least, we've introduced a “Check for updates“ button under the cogwheel icon, so you can check if GOG GALAXY is up to date.

The Proteus update is now available for all GOG GALAXY users – go check it out and let us know what you think.
low rated
I'm not looking at my wishlist anymore

want to know why? because you still refuse to explain how the Hitman issue was allowed to happen and how you are going to make sure it never happens again. And to make it even worse your publications since that day are creeping into the "it's not DRM if you believe it isn't" area
high rated
I'm only getting "Failed to load game database" now when I try to launch Galaxy. I suppose this could be considered an improvement only in the sense that I can no longer play any game through Galaxy.

Update - Uninstalling Galaxy completely and reinstalling fixed it. Yes, I know of the other fix. However after reinstalling and launching Galaxy, it immediately went into import mode where it very slowly added back all 1,136 games in my library. While it initially looked like I was going to have to manually change art, it fixed this too after importing all the games.

What I had to do myself after this update finally worked....

1) Click on the gear? symbol at the upper-left corner and check the option to check for installed games then point it at the GOG Galaxy\Games folder, which resulted in it seeing the GOG Games that I had installed before this update.

2) For games that installed that were added manually, I had to link their executable in Galaxy again.

3) I had a bookmark on the sidebar previously for games that I had not set any tags. (This is the backlog.) I had to redo this.

4) The Owned games page in Galaxy reverted back to default. I had to change this as well back to how I had it.

So far though, it looks like all my games are here with all artwork (including art that I set manually), all tags, and edits I made to game titles.

Also I disabled the store link from the sidebar. Since I make purchases from the website, I don't need the store here in Galaxy and having the store listed above the library is one of the things I that I absolutely loathe and despise about Epic's game launcher. (If you're reading this GOG, don't be like Epic.) The emphasis with a game launcher should be about the games that I own, not trying to sell me more. Oh I wouldn't mind it as much if it was at the bottom, under the friends section.

Changes that I like

1) Being able to not see recently played by others. I don't care what you're playing. It's not going to make me play that, and I'm not going to shame you for playing a game that I don't like when I have my own guilty pleasure games.

2) I like that the new achievements section can also be hidden, as well as the store section from the sidebar considering that it wants to rudely sit above the games I own.

I'll go there and say that I like these changes enough that they were worth the hassle.
Post edited April 26, 2022 by LordCephy
low rated
Messed up and won't launch. I'm trying to uninstall it to reinstall it.
LordCephy: I'm only getting "Failed to load game database" now when I try to launch Galaxy. I suppose this could be considered an improvement only in the sense that I can no longer play any game through Galaxy.
Use this guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvmOYccVEJM

It worked like a charm for me.
high rated
Does it already work under Linux or I still have to purchase Windows to use it? (:
I have the wishlist thing but I can't see any difference in how and where DLCs are displayed
UPDATE: Got it working thanks to that video.

(The video has you delete a file named "galaxy" [no file extension]. The now-updated Galaxy doesn't have that file anymore. Instead it has "galaxy-2.0.db", which I deleted [well, saved off first just in case], and then Galaxy started and is now re-"importing" my games).

OP:
LordCephy: I'm only getting "Failed to load game database" now when I try to launch Galaxy. I suppose this could be considered an improvement only in the sense that I can no longer play any game through Galaxy.
Me too.

Updated an hour or so ago.

Can't get past "Failed to load game database".

I've tried multiple times, including waiting up to 15-minutes. No go,. and no "timeout" exit either. Just sits there, presumably forever.

Have to kill it via Task Manager.
Attachments:
Post edited April 26, 2022 by Martek
Now the forum or communiy wishlist links I had saved are stored under "deals"
Weird.

EDIT:
I have just realised that they already were before. The thing I don't like is that now those links are above my library links.
Post edited April 26, 2022 by Lone_Scout
Martek: Me too.

Updated an hour or so ago.

Can't get past "Failed to load game database".

I've tried multiple times, including waiting up to 15-minutes. No go,. and no "timeout" exit either. Just sits there, presumably forever.

Have to kill it via Task Manager.
Seems to have been known for a few years now: https://www.gog.com/forum/general_beta_gog_galaxy_2.0/the_failed_to_load_game_database_error
(never occured to me before either)
ion00: Use this guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvmOYccVEJM

It worked like a charm for me.
I had already uninstalled and reinstalled, which fixed in the sense that I'm now waiting for Galaxy to finish importing my entire library of 1000+ games. Fortunately, I backed up all the artwork that I added to a USB drive because so far, it looks like I'm going to have to manually add it all back.
low rated
Another "could not load database" error here too. Deleting the storage directory is not a great solution since I have well over 1000 entered manually.

Looking at the logs, this might be the relevant error:
2022-04-26 09:06:39.306 [Information][SubSystem shortTasks thread (5)] [TID 10184][galaxy_client]: Did not find a value under the preference key 'previewBuildsEnabled' while reading.
2022-04-26 09:06:39.307 [Information][ (0)] [TID 8316][galaxy_client]: Sending problem report of type Critical-Error-During-Client-Task: {"Arguments":{"applicationType":"GOG Galaxy","clientVersion":"2.0.48.63","detectedOsVersion":"win10","isRunningOnWine":false,"os":"windows","osIden tification":"windows: Windows 10 10.0 (Build 19044)","productId":"","taskId":"LoadProductsTask","updateChannel":"master"},"ProblemReport":"Critical-Error-D uring-Client-Task"}
Post edited April 26, 2022 by sqlrob
Where can I find the "separate tab listing all owned DLCs" ?
Can someone provide a screenshot to show us where to find that?
SteamDeck support when?
kami-kaTze: Where can I find the "separate tab listing all owned DLCs" ?
Can someone provide a screenshot to show us where to find that?
Here's an example.
Attachments:
dlc_tab.jpg (25 Kb)