It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG GALAXY gets a new batch of features to customize your experience with the client and add some quality of life improvements.

After testing the customization of the "Recent" view on the experimental branch and applying the needed fixes, we're rolling out the feature to all GOG GALAXY users. What's it all about? Now you can add or remove widgets on the "Recent" view and move them around to your liking, and create a completely personalized experience that is tailor-fit for you.

That's not all that the Proteus update introduces to the client. For better accessibility we have placed your GOG Games Wishlist on the left sidebar, so you can keep it closer to your heart. Thanks to a separate tab listing all owned DLCs, it’s now easier to find, filter out and manage the additional content. You'll find the DLCs tab in the game's configuration window. Last but not least, we've introduced a “Check for updates“ button under the cogwheel icon, so you can check if GOG GALAXY is up to date.

The Proteus update is now available for all GOG GALAXY users – go check it out and let us know what you think.
Did you guys fix the Galaxy crashes midway through update problem?
Still can't delete properly few dozens of games left after I've lost my Amazon Games account.
Thanks, I guess.
Crosmando: Although it's a good idea, the idea of paying your developers a lot of money to develop your own client and then giving away the code for anyone to use is never gonna sit right with a for-profit business.
The games are the profit, the client seems to be a dev sink.
Crosmando: Although it's a good idea, the idea of paying your developers a lot of money to develop your own client and then giving away the code for anyone to use is never gonna sit right with a for-profit business.
Darvond: The games are the profit, the client seems to be a dev sink.
The client is designed to attract more customers and increase profit. That said, I'm not gonna complain, there's no way I'm going back to the bad old days when I had to manually download and install patches every time a game I had installed was updated, fuck that shit.
Post edited April 27, 2022 by Crosmando
Darvond: The games are the profit, the client seems to be a dev sink.
Crosmando: The client is designed to attract more customers and increase profit. That said, I'm not gonna complain, there's no way I'm going back to the bad old days when I had to manually download and install patches every time a game I had installed was updated, fuck that shit.
Think of installing manually every Talisman dlc

By the way, still no way to ignore undesired games or erotica.

Or to like friends achievements within the client (unless I am missing something).
Post edited April 28, 2022 by Dogmaus
Crosmando: The client is designed to attract more customers and increase profit. That said, I'm not gonna complain, there's no way I'm going back to the bad old days when I had to manually download and install patches every time a game I had installed was updated, fuck that shit.
That said, there's no reason that has to rely on a graphical client.
Just sudo dnf upgrade --refresh and you're off to the steeplechase.

And maintaining a repository would be far less than a client, deltas could be applied, and so on.
JCDenton32: Focus on the fact that you used to treat your customers better than anyone else by updating classics, being a safe haven for indie developers, and letting people play the games they own in the way they want to.
Stop trying to fit in with the cool kids, and go be your awesome indie self again.
I think they did emphasize their updating of The Wheel of Time. I'm not sure we've had a game released since then that GOG would have updated.

It seems like many devs, including indies, treat GOG users poorly based on the 2nd class citizens list; customers need GOG to be a safe haven from (bad) devs. ;)
markplesko: OK, I have Galaxy running again. But I had about 60 games installed and now it seems I have to manually install them again. Not totally terrible, because they are not downloaded again - it just takes some 10-20 seconds per each game for Galaxy to probably update the database.
BUT: I don't remember all the 60 games. Do I have to open the file explorer and compare the game folders with the items in my purchased games list and then open the page and click install manually for each, or is there a better way?
Thanks for any advice,
Mark
huan: There is "+" icon in the top center - click it, choose "Scan folders for GOG Games" and select your game folder. It will recognize GOG games without reinstalling (maybe try to update them, but not always, some old versions are allowed).
That did the trick!
Thank you so much.
Mark
low rated
kami-kaTze: Where can I find the "separate tab listing all owned DLCs" ?
Can someone provide a screenshot to show us where to find that?
AndyGOGGalaxy: Hey,

You can find it in game configuration window. The same place the DLC information was before, just organized in a more readable way.
Exactly : It is basically the same as before and you didn't even bother to fix the long known bug that Galaxy will ALWAYS install all DLCs no matter if you install a base game only using the offline installer or Galaxy itself and no matter if you activated auto update or not. With such programmer skills - or should I say "ignore bugs skills" - I wonder if this will ever leave beta ... I doubt it.
YIIKingOut: I'm almost certain that was ALWAYS a thing.
StingingVelvet: I never saw it before, and it's listed in the new features update, so... I dunno. If it was there it was well hidden.
It has always been there before - just not on a seperate tab - andd as said, it still does not work the way it should be.

Basically objective (with maybe one exception being the mentioning of the programmer skills which - as former programmer myself imo is valid) and true to the facts, yet downrated. That's GOG of today. *sigh*
Post edited April 29, 2022 by MarkoH01
low rated
MarkoH01: Exactly : It is basically the same as before and you didn't even bother to fix the long known bug that Galaxy will ALWAYS install all DLCs no matter if you install a base game only using the offline installer or Galaxy itself and no matter if you activated auto update or not.
That's a bug? I thought that's what hip, modern, convenient users would all prefer. Updating whether the user wants it or not is what an audience expects these days.
Haven't posted in a while but...

"Last but not least, we've introduced a “Check for updates“ button under the cogwheel icon, so you can check if GOG GALAXY is up to date."

AT LAST!