It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Dioneo: Trying to install multiple DLC packs to Pillars of Eternity 2 is a time sink nightmare. I can only check one DLC item at a time in the GOG client. As soon as I check one the install process begins - checking local files (takes minutes), downloading (takes over a minute to download a 1 MB file before it moves on to the installation step). Installing, takes minutes for a tiny downloaded file. So far it's taking 5-10 minutes per minuscule DLC item.

Is it like this for every game?
Yup, though normally dlcs are automatically checked and downloaded if you already have them when installing the game. This did not happen to me with Pillars and I had to go through the same process you did.
For the past few weeks I am experiencing slow download speeds in GOG Galaxy. Not always but more often than not.

It often happens that during a download it is very fast for a few minutes (almost maxes out my line) and then becomes much slower or comes to a complete stop (0 Bit/s).

Sometimes it automatically recovers after a few minutes, sometimes it helps to pause and un-pause the download, sometimes I close Galaxy and reopen it and it is fast again for a few minutes. Sometimes logging out of Galaxy and logging in again does the trick.

Nevertheless it is unstable. Until a few weeks ago downloading was always very fast. I don't think I have changed anything in the firewall or so. If that was the case, wouldn't the speed _always_ be slow?

I suspect it has something to do with my connection (located in China). But not sure about that.

Is there any way to _force_ connecting to a certain content provider, in a config-file or something? Some might work better than others, therefore it might come in handy to be able to do that.
Dioneo: Trying to install multiple DLC packs to Pillars of Eternity 2 is a time sink nightmare. I can only check one DLC item at a time in the GOG client. As soon as I check one the install process begins - checking local files (takes minutes), downloading (takes over a minute to download a 1 MB file before it moves on to the installation step). Installing, takes minutes for a tiny downloaded file. So far it's taking 5-10 minutes per minuscule DLC item.

Is it like this for every game?
As omega64 wrote, normally the DLC should be downloaded by default when you install the game (if you own the DLC at this moment). It does however not always work this way - GOG knows why.

A faster way would be to simply download the offline installers and install from there (Quit Galaxy first). Galaxy should upon restart recognise the full install after a minute of checking files.
Would it be possible to note playtime and achievements in the library?
Right now I have to open the game's page to see playtime and achievements, and its a bit tedious.

In fact, the library view could use a bit of work, as the UI isn't great. I'd rather it worked like steam where the games are "grouped" together under each tag, instead of having to use a filter to find tagged games.

There's also a surprising lack of ETA when downloading too. I have to manually calculate how long a download will take, assuming that its at a rate of 2.1 MB/s
Post edited February 16, 2019 by CthuluIsSpy
TheTomasz: we have released a 1.2.52 version of GOG Galaxy to Beta updates channel (they can be enabled in GOG Galaxy settings)
Anyone else getting disk access errors with this update? I haven't had disk access errors in a long time, but am getting them now when trying to import 2 games that were installed via standalone installers.
Is is possible to duplicate the toggle in the forums to go to the "Dark Theme"?
Just a personal preference.
TheTomasz: we have released a 1.2.52 version of GOG Galaxy to Beta updates channel (they can be enabled in GOG Galaxy settings)
BKGaming: Anyone else getting disk access errors with this update? I haven't had disk access errors in a long time, but am getting them now when trying to import 2 games that were installed via standalone installers.
Can you please report that on http://mantis.gog.com/ with your logs?
BKGaming: Anyone else getting disk access errors with this update? I haven't had disk access errors in a long time, but am getting them now when trying to import 2 games that were installed via standalone installers.
Johny.: Can you please report that on http://mantis.gog.com/ with your logs?
Added: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=5926

You can clearly see in the logs there is issue when Galaxy tries to move the redist folder after download which results in a failed installation. I've checked both hard-dives for file system errors and did not find anything wrong.
Finally, since the last update, my Galaxy works really well. \o/

Just wanted to say thanks and keep up the great work! :)
So are new features for galaxy coming or what?
Its been so long since last substantial update. I love galaxy client but it lacks so many things: Offline mode for achievement/time tracking, Overlay support for more games, cloud saving support for more games, adding non-gog games etc. Is there any hope for these improvements? Because seeing galaxy stagnate for so long is really depressing.
Johny.: Can you please report that on http://mantis.gog.com/ with your logs?
BKGaming: Added: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=5926

You can clearly see in the logs there is issue when Galaxy tries to move the redist folder after download which results in a failed installation. I've checked both hard-dives for file system errors and did not find anything wrong.
Hey,

we found the cause of the issue and we are working on solution.
Currently we believe that ~120 of our games (older games, not really updated by developers) are affected and won't install successfully on GOG Galaxy 1.2.52, which is currently released on Beta channel.
As a workaround you can always use our backup installers.
TheTomasz: Hey,

we found the cause of the issue and we are working on solution.
Currently we believe that ~120 of our games (older games, not really updated by developers) are affected and won't install successfully on GOG Galaxy 1.2.52, which is currently released on Beta channel.
As a workaround you can always use our backup installers.
Backup installers ftw :-)

When you're at it - maybe have a look at the latest Vaporum update too? It failed to regularly install with some file access error. Verify and repair did the trick though. But maybe it was just some hickup on my machine.
Where are gone many games icons in this forum??
when click on "Library" via Galaxy shows no games, only "No results found" msg. :(

all working now. :)
Post edited February 21, 2019 by falloutttt
Please add the sound back for achievements.

Or better yet, make it possible to turn it on/off. Since not everyone like it as it seems.

Thanks!