It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Johny.: snip
Shouldn't DLC listed under settings show the DLC name? Right now it's only showing numbers (looks like product id). Seems like some stuff is messed up currently, I can't remember but I think it use to show the DLC names right?
Johny.: snip
BKGaming: Shouldn't DLC listed under settings show the DLC name? Right now it's only showing numbers (looks like product id). Seems like some stuff is messed up currently, I can't remember but I think it use to show the DLC names right?
For me it's a DLC's name. Didn't you mix it up with a rollback version?
BKGaming: Shouldn't DLC listed under settings show the DLC name? Right now it's only showing numbers (looks like product id). Seems like some stuff is messed up currently, I can't remember but I think it use to show the DLC names right?
Johny.: For me it's a DLC's name. Didn't you mix it up with a rollback version?
No. It was listed under DLC and had a checkbox (not a radio button). I also plugged the number into the GOG Database and it brought up the corresponding DLC, meaning it was showing the product ID number (instead of the product name).

I wiped my PC last night and re-installed Windows 10 (for a separate reason). I'll have to let you know if it's still doing it or not.

EDIT: Here is a picture: https://i.imgur.com/MPpvPa4.jpg

I did the same thing I did before, I installed the game via the standalone installer which Galaxy detected automatically. In the settings, DLC shows as the product id number. I even installed a DLC, and it still only showed the product id number.

Unless I'm wrong of course and it's always been like that, but I thought it showed the name...
Post edited July 09, 2018 by BKGaming
Johny.: For me it's a DLC's name. Didn't you mix it up with a rollback version?
At one point I managed to get this symptom for one part of The White March but not the other: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=5767
Okay so I have also been getting "server problem" messages all weekend and today and sometimes the installation will start and then fail before it can start to download. Let me tell you how SUPER annoying this is, I have to constantly restart Galaxy because after getting a "server problem" message... it won't work at all. Game will not install without a restart.

And if the game happens to fail to install before the download can begin to start (ie after the install windows loads and I click install but before the game begins to download), I end up with the game listed on the left that can't be clicked on (well sort of). When I click on it, it actually shows the game under it instead, with some info (like achievements and stuff) of the other game I was trying to install. So you can't actually verify / repair it or anything. You again have to restart Galaxy which clears it from being listed.

Super damn annoying. Please fix Galaxy so it handles server problems and failed installations better, this is absurd.
Post edited July 09, 2018 by BKGaming
Every time I start a GoG game the Galaxy client now opens, and it takes ages for it to start. I never asked for it to open and there is no switch to turn that off. So either a switch is added to it to disable auto-start with games, or I am going to uninstall that bullshit. If I want something to run in the background watching me play games I can always install Steam.
twothe: Every time I start a GoG game the Galaxy client now opens, and it takes ages for it to start. I never asked for it to open and there is no switch to turn that off. So either a switch is added to it to disable auto-start with games, or I am going to uninstall that bullshit. If I want something to run in the background watching me play games I can always install Steam.
Game card - > More button (next to Play) - > Manage installation - > Show folder
Find your game shortcut/executable, right click - > Send to Desktop
Otherwise use shortcuts you may find in your Menu start .
Don't forget to uncheck Create a shortcut in Galaxy next time you install the game with the client..
Life's hard, isn't it?
Hey,

we have released GOG Galaxy 1.2.45.

It introduces tooltips (which we will be using more widely in the future) and one important change to installation process.

We will no longer treat failures of games' dependency installations (such as Physx, Visual C++ Redistributables) as a failure of installation and thus blocking you from starting the game.
We make this change, because we cannot really control how these installers work, as they are made by third party. We would need to make either a system to handle them all separaetely (also with multiple versions of installers) or just hope for the best. We also believe that most of you have those installed from different installations (as they are quite popular) and reinstalling them is not needed.

Other than those changes, we bring some bugfixes, which you can find in the changelog.
Hi,

So how do you download a game without the GOG Galaxy installer? I don't seem to remember how that works anymore.
Iathronqhl: Hi,

So how do you download a game without the GOG Galaxy installer? I don't seem to remember how that works anymore.
With a web browser and left mouse click perhaps?
Attachments:
offline.jpg (215 Kb)
Iathronqhl: Hi,

mike_cesara: With a web browser and left mouse click perhaps?
Right, that option. Thanks!

It was bit unintuitive, because I wasn't intending to download a backup of any surt, just the game without anything extra. Didn't the selection work differently a while ago? I don't remember opting out of GOG Galaxy being this obscure before.
mike_cesara: With a web browser and left mouse click perhaps?
Iathronqhl: Right, that option. Thanks!

It was bit unintuitive, because I wasn't intending to download a backup of any surt, just the game without anything extra. Didn't the selection work differently a while ago? I don't remember opting out of GOG Galaxy being this obscure before.
I think before was a bit less intuitive, offline installers were hidden under drop-down more menu.
Offline backup game installers sounds fine to me : )
Iathronqhl: Right, that option. Thanks!

mike_cesara: I think before was a bit less intuitive, offline installers were hidden under drop-down more menu.
Well, they were shown as equal alternatives, while now the Galaxy installer is sort of presented as primary option.

And why not simply "offline installer"?
mike_cesara: I think before was a bit less intuitive, offline installers were hidden under drop-down more menu.
Iathronqhl: And why not simply "offline installer"?
Offline installer is essentially a back-up that can be used to install a game in case of absent or limited Internet connection.
Edit: or in case of service shut-downs so by downloading an offline installer you are making a back-up for use when needed.
Post edited July 12, 2018 by Olauron
Iathronqhl: And why not simply "offline installer"?
"Offline installer" isn't really accurate because they don't have "online installers". Just a copy of the installer or Galaxy.

The original is on their servers, so you're getting a copy. A backup is a copy of an original.

So... You are backing up your purchase by downloading it, just in case their servers aren't available later for whatever reason (f.e. you temporarily have no internet connection).

Furthermore, if they update a game, then whatever you previously downloaded is a backup of the previous version.

Does "backup" make more sense now? You're always getting a copy of the original (of whatever the latest they have). That's different from buying a CD, because that CD would be the only thing available, and you'd have to buy another if you lost it (if you didn't make a copy).

To me it makes sense because that is what I experience: I have an automated backup system (Time Machine that comes with macOS). I also purposely keep the installer as a backup after installing with it, mainly as a backup of my purchase. That means the automated backup system has a copy of my copy of the original on GOG servers.
Post edited July 12, 2018 by thomq