It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
cristhianfs: Apparently the latest beta update made the startup of the galaxy client very slow, like 20+ seconds on a SSD drive, is there a fix for this? Are you aware of the issue? Thanks
Hey,

we are not aware of consistent slow startup on newest Beta update. The first start of Galaxy might take a little longer as it is migrating some data from the previous version of Galaxy, but all subsequent launches should not encounter that situation.

So if your GOG Galaxy is consequently launching slow, please fill a report on mantis.gog.com and we'll try to find the issue.

Also please note, that if installation or update of a game is in progress during GOG Galaxy start, that might also influence startup time
Warrgarbl: Is there some way to rename the games in the GoG Galaxy list? The reason I am asking is that Realms of Arkania 1&2 are called as such, whilst Realms of Arkania 3 is correctly translated to German. This hurts my OCD since the games are not grouped together, and it even is a German game, after all: Is there any way...?
Johny.: Can you trigger refreshing data for those games and click them, go to the Game View, and check if it's OK now? :)
Oh, wow! That was quick - very cool, thank you! However, now it looks like this:

Das schwarze Auge 2: Sternenschweif
Das schwarze Auge: Schatten über Riva
Das schwarze Auge: Schicksalsklinge

I'd suggest either removing the number from Sternenschweif or adding the numbers to the others, too (which I would prefer). However, it's actually "Die Schicksalsklinge", to be correct.

Thank you for your quick reaction! Really amazed by this :)
Post edited May 14, 2018 by Warrgarbl
cristhianfs: Apparently the latest beta update made the startup of the galaxy client very slow, like 20+ seconds on a SSD drive, is there a fix for this? Are you aware of the issue? Thanks
TheTomasz: Hey,

we are not aware of consistent slow startup on newest Beta update. The first start of Galaxy might take a little longer as it is migrating some data from the previous version of Galaxy, but all subsequent launches should not encounter that situation.

So if your GOG Galaxy is consequently launching slow, please fill a report on mantis.gog.com and we'll try to find the issue.

Also please note, that if installation or update of a game is in progress during GOG Galaxy start, that might also influence startup time
I've added an issue in mantis here's the url http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=5700

I've just reinstalled the program after removing all the installed games and tried again, still having a big delay, after closing and launching a couple of times, both stable and beta, I think it may have something to do with the program checking for updates but also the size of the library, I have roughly 372 games, maybe what causes the delay is the building of that library. I'll keep checking, hoping in future versions this gets fixed. Thanks!
cristhianfs: I have roughly 372 games, maybe what causes the delay is the building of that library. I'll keep checking, hoping in future versions this gets fixed. Thanks!
We will definitely aim to get this fixed. :) This is important for us too.
Johny.: Can you trigger refreshing data for those games and click them, go to the Game View, and check if it's OK now? :)
Warrgarbl: Oh, wow! That was quick - very cool, thank you! However, now it looks like this:

I'd suggest either removing the number from Sternenschweif or adding the numbers to the others, too (which I would prefer). However, it's actually "Die Schicksalsklinge", to be correct.

Try now and let us now how's your OTS after that. ;)
Post edited May 15, 2018 by Johny.
Stop please that you put GoG Galaxy in the Installer of Gog Games...

I had it at Legends of Eisenwald, i thought ah normal installer as always but it was with GoG Galaxy...
As i looked again what is written in VERY VERY VERY Small words that gog is in the installer...

I downloaded it already and saw it before install so i could delete it before install,

BUT PLEASE GoG PLEASE DONT DO THIS SHIT to me/us, IF i want to install GoG Galaxy, i will select it by myself,
not YOU, THANKS!

(BTW theres an option at MORE drop down menu there is the installer without GoG Galaxy...)
cristhianfs: I have roughly 372 games, maybe what causes the delay is the building of that library. I'll keep checking, hoping in future versions this gets fixed. Thanks!
Johny.: We will definitely aim to get this fixed. :) This is important for us too.
Warrgarbl: Oh, wow! That was quick - very cool, thank you! However, now it looks like this:

Johny.: Try now and let us now how's your OTS after that. ;)
Not to be nitpicky, but now it is as follows:

Das Schwarze Auge 3: Schatten über Riva (mind the capitalization of Schwarze)
Das schwarze Auge: Die Schicksalsklinge

It's not sorted in order of release, and the schwarze is incorrectly capitalized once. Personally, I'd prefer the following:

Das schwarze Auge 1: Die Schicksalsklinge
Das schwarze Auge 3: Schatten über Riva

If you could do that it would be super awesome :)
I am sure I have lost some game backgrounds in the activity profile screen, before, I had applied the schizm one and now It turned to a plain background because apparently the background has dissappeared from my list. It is not very critical or important but maybe it is a bug or it is a not intended issue. Any similar problem out there? I am running the non beta galaxy app.

greetings
Gudadantza: I am sure I have lost some game backgrounds in the activity profile screen, before, I had applied the schizm one and now It turned to a plain background because apparently the background has dissappeared from my list. It is not very critical or important but maybe it is a bug or it is a not intended issue. Any similar problem out there? I am running the non beta galaxy app.

greetings
The profile and activity feed stuff is having some issues. Mafia 2 is not listed in my games and it's completely disappeared from my activity feed (the "time played" milestones). Btw, I also had the Mafia 2 background in my profile page, but it's not available anymore.

Edit: now, everything seems back to normal.
Post edited May 16, 2018 by user deleted
Gudadantza: I am sure I have lost some game backgrounds in the activity profile screen, before, I had applied the schizm one and now It turned to a plain background because apparently the background has dissappeared from my list. It is not very critical or important but maybe it is a bug or it is a not intended issue. Any similar problem out there? I am running the non beta galaxy app.

greetings
Desmight: The profile and activity feed stuff is having some issues. Mafia 2 is not listed in my games and it's completely disappeared from my activity feed (the "time played" milestones). Btw, I also had the Mafia 2 background in my profile page, but it's not available anymore.

Edit: now, everything seems back to normal.
Same here. All is back to normal. Mysterious issue :)
GOG Galaxy doesnt want to connect at all.
Anyone experiencing this problem lately?
Installing new games with Galaxy is making me want to give up and switch to Steam.

I get pop-ups for needing my admin password for "scripthost", at least six or seven times *PER GAME*.
Galaxy isn't recognizing the DLC installed from stand-alone installers (Tyranny). I've had the base game since release, but just purchased the DLC. I downloaded the stand-alone installers and installed them, but in the Galaxy client it was not recognizing them as installed. I tried verifying the game and it began to download 2.2GB. I canceled it, uninstalled the game and all DLC, started Galaxy to make sure it was gone, then closed Galaxy. I installed the game and its DLC in the release order, but again Galaxy didn't recognize the DLC. Verifying the game again, it downloaded 0.2MB and recognized one DLC (Bastard's Wound), but not the others.

I then uninstalled and tried it one DLC at a time. I thought it was working, because after installing the game and the first DLC (Portrait Pack), it recognized that DLC after verifying the game. I installed the 2nd DLC (Tales from the Tiers), verified the game, but it didn't recognize it. I tried the 3rd DLC again (Bastard's Wound, the one it recognized previously), verified the game, but it didn't recognize it even though it recognized it installed the first time.

Each time I verify the game, it downloads 0.2MB, but nothing changes. If I click install for the DLC in Galaxy, it shows it "checking local files", but it doesn't recognize the file are already there and re-downloads it.
I haven't been able to download anything with Galaxy since this week. Downloads will stall forever, retrying the download won't even start the download process. Using latest non beta version on Windows 10 64 bit.
Having problems with Galaxy as well... most of my game pages in my library show as blank with a spinning/loading icon on the info panel and install button. For others the install button is simply greyed out and no other info appears on screen :-/

Some descriptions do appear but do not match the game but rather one of the others I have tried to open previously, like the catalogue is having some serious issues.

The only unaffected ones are the pages of the games already installed.
Post edited May 19, 2018 by Anphiro
ibanix: Installing new games with Galaxy is making me want to give up and switch to Steam.

I get pop-ups for needing my admin password for "scripthost", at least six or seven times *PER GAME*.
You only get it when you install games? Must be nice. I get it six or seven for every game update, plus every time I start Galaxy, plus every time I close Battletech, for some reason.