It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
When I check for extras in Pillars of Eternity I only see the manual, which is odd since I have the Royal Edition. Is anyone else having this issue?
Destro: HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Thank you! Method one didn't work for me, so I tried the second one which wasn't so obvious to me at the time, and it was a success!

The only other suggestion would be to add the option to add games that aren't from your GOG library to the client, so you can have all of your games in one place. It would make my life a whole lot easier than having to rummage through my ever-growing steam library.

You should also add the ability to put games in your library into catagories. It would be another convenient feature to us users as well.

Anyone else think these things should be implemented?
OdanUrr: When I check for extras in Pillars of Eternity I only see the manual, which is odd since I have the Royal Edition. Is anyone else having this issue?
This is a known issue. We'll be working on a fix.
bulldog0890: Hey, is there a way to install a game without it creating a desktop shortcut for the game?

I dont need the shortcut, I have it in the client

also, it wouldn't detect my copy of sin gold

It found all my other gog games in the same directory, so idk what gives
Right now there is no option not to create shortcuts since and mind you I am just someone who is testing it not someone who is working on it, it seems for now when you download a game via Galaxy it just downloads and runs the old installers which create shortcuts and then deletes them(the installers) when it's completed. I am sure when the client is out of it's inital alpha testing phase and GOG maybe has seperate installers for the client and the traditional ones then we will have that option to not have shortcuts. I am not sure so you have to ask the devs on that one. -Edit: never mind they already said they are adding that option next update-

As for Sin Gold, since this is still a Alpha build not every game is supported and not all currently implemented features are 100%. So it's not unusal for a game not to be picked up via a scan from the client it may not be supported or it may not recognize something like I know the two Worlds of Ultima games were not picked up when I would do a scan because Galaxy was looking for folders labeled The Savage Empire and Martian Dreams and not what the installer I used had them as. I don't know what method you used to try and add Sin Gold to the client if you used the "Scan and import option" or the direct method but have you gone into your libary and clicked on listing for Sin Gold and then select import if not try it that way.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by DCT
Not sure if reported elsewhere or what, but if I hold the middle mouse button (to scroll with the mouse pointer) the entire client stops functioning (can't click on anything anywhere in the client or get any sort of response) and requires a restart. Would do the mantis thing...but yeah that page confuses the shit out of me.
OdanUrr: When I check for extras in Pillars of Eternity I only see the manual, which is odd since I have the Royal Edition. Is anyone else having this issue?
Venom: This is a known issue. We'll be working on a fix.
Thanks! I already reported the "connect now" button issue on mantis and included a few screenshots for reference.
POLE7645: OK. It's probably a stupid question, but I wonder.

Every freeware game on GOG got an update for some reason. Was there an actual update for those games (and if yes, what were the changes), or was it Galaxy acting up weird?

Edit: Shadow Warrior Classic (even though I'm not on Linux) and Rise of the Triad 2013 are tagged too. What the hell?

Re-Edit: Akalabeth and Alien vs Predator Classic 2000 too. This is an epidemic!
Shadow Warrior Classic got flagged as updated because the Linux version is a recent addition for us :)
Milti-monitor set up issue:

When the client is not on the primary screen, and I click on options, the options windows starts in the middle of the primary monitor, it should be on the same monitor as the client is.

Edited to add:

When minimizing and reopening the client, it moves to the primary monitor rather than going back to the window it came from.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by OrangeGull
So I take that the main testing task is still to install games and extras, or import installed ones, and to mess up with the queue and options. As suggested by fellow from the Spanish 33bits community (con cebolla), I'm trying to manually install, then add mods, then import and see how that goes. After that I'll uninstall, install from Galaxy, and add mods. So, you people know of very moddable games, aside from Infinity Engine ones?
A couple other problems include that after using the Scan and Import Folders function to add games, they show up on the installed games list on the left, but still appear as not installed in the Library.

Another problem is that I get the Out of Disc Space error when trying to install games and they fail to install.

I wanted to search the forums to see if this has been raised, but then I am told the GOG servers are overwhelmed... :p So are these known issues? (I am running on Windows 8.1, and tried both with and without administrator privileges)
DCT: I have The two underworld games and worlds of ultima as well as 6 all patched to use Roland MT sound via a custom Dosbox SVN and 2 and 3 with graphic and music patches and sure enough as I said every damn time we get a new test build, boom it changes it all back and I got to go and re-patch them
To be fair, that's not specific to Galaxy - you get the same result by blindly running the newest installers from the web or GOG Downloader.

I always back up and re-merge my customisations for MT-32 etc. when updating.

P.S. Sometimes GOG fails to ship setup.exe/install.exe for DOS games so you can do this in the first place without hacks.
Still getting a "Installation Failed: Disk Access Problem" notification with some games.
rodrolliv: So I take that the main testing task is still to install games and extras, or import installed ones, and to mess up with the queue and options. As suggested by fellow from the Spanish 33bits community (con cebolla), I'm trying to manually install, then add mods, then import and see how that goes. After that I'll uninstall, install from Galaxy, and add mods. So, you people know of very moddable games, aside from Infinity Engine ones?
Try the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series. If you need help modding check out the subreddit
DCT: 2. since it's Alpha features are not present that will be in the Beta and final release. But you CAN disable auto updating for your games, you just have to do it through a game by game basis right now, eventually there will be a global setting to disable it for all your games present and future, installed and yet to be installed.

As I said this is meant to only be a closed test of a few features, nothing more and nothing less. Not the final product. I am sorry if I sound rude here but it gets tiring when it seems like people don't get the point of this exercise especially when it's laid out in the first post.

Giving suggestions on stuff they should add is fine but it just feels like you(and a few of others) were expecting a full featured client not a test build which we have.
I wasn't expecting a full-featured client. I was expecting an alpha, but not one that was going to surprise me with 'I'm going to start automatically changing your stuff' immediately without warning'. It didn't automatically start connecting me to multiplayer games - should I have assumed it would; because 'it's an alpha'? No - I'd expect a warning about it. Same for the auto-update.

The first 3 posts (seemingly stickied) don't mention at all about auto-updating being 'forced' (at least - not yet - I didn't quote them and they could get edited). It's not first mentioned until post #10, which is dated Dec. 2014. There's nearly 100 'pages' of this thread - I'm not going to assume post #10 is still current - nor am I going to read 100 pages of posts to see if there's an update to this 'surprise'.

Attached is the email I received. No mention there of it doing that - only that I could 'take advantage' of that (same as for multiplayer - but again - it didn't start automatically 'matchmaking' me, etc..

For it to just start doing it - while I am supposed to 'race against it' trying to figure out how to stop it - is ridiculous. While I'm figuring it out - it's busy making changes already. Not cool.

I think this is a fair criticism - GOG should have warned about this (like they did way back in Dec in post #10 - it should have been in the email - so that I would know BEFOREHAND, not after it got started already and I had to race against it.

As I said, I guess it isn't for me (yet). I oculd have know that up front - had they been upfront about that, and not wasted our time. Now that I see how they're operating it - I'll wait for an update that includes the ability to turn it off (and then perhaps on individually on specific games I'm willing to chance it on).
Attachments:
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Martek
Is anyone else having a virus warning when you try to download and install Wing Commander Prophecy through GOG Galaxy ?

It connects to an external website : (DO NOT CLICK IT !) i changed the HTTP to hxxp for safety

hxxp://wpc.11df.edgecastcdn.net/0011DF/content-system/v1/depots/1207662663/windows/27149540/main.bin?1223fb438 68c5f174d699ac85c3ffcf696360d2c33a06c0464b046ae2dfa1ae03dfa1700dced50d27eb10e8326b2166f992df60cacf8745a3f35178 36bf087599686146f4eff087e463dce70a45289

Once it connects my virusscanner identifies it as a : Win32:MalOb-IJ [Cryp]

This really scares me, the other games install just fine and so far only this game causes an alert.

I use Avast as virusscanner.