It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
DCT: 2. since it's Alpha features are not present that will be in the Beta and final release. But you CAN disable auto updating for your games, you just have to do it through a game by game basis right now, eventually there will be a global setting to disable it for all your games present and future, installed and yet to be installed.

As I said this is meant to only be a closed test of a few features, nothing more and nothing less. Not the final product. I am sorry if I sound rude here but it gets tiring when it seems like people don't get the point of this exercise especially when it's laid out in the first post.

Giving suggestions on stuff they should add is fine but it just feels like you(and a few of others) were expecting a full featured client not a test build which we have.
Martek: I wasn't expecting a full-featured client. I was expecting an alpha, but not one that was going to surprise me with 'I'm going to start automatically changing your stuff' immediately without warning'. It didn't automatically start connecting me to multiplayer games - should I have assumed it would; because 'it's an alpha'? No - I'd expect a warning about it. Same for the auto-update.
That's the thing about alphas, they can get bonkers, that's why they are being tested.
Siilk: * Don't make Galaxy client a requirement for accessing our GOG games libraries or playing the games we bought on GOG. There should be always an option to log into your library form a browser, download an installer(or just grab the one you downloaded), install it and play, all without any interactions with Galaxy client. Players should use Galaxy because of it's convenience, not because they are forced to do that.
distracted.130: I believe GOG has already made it clear that the client will always be optional.
I know, I just wanted to emphasize how important this is and that GOG should stick to this decision.

Siilk: * Separate autoupdate settings for each game. I think it's a must-have. Some games, like multiplayer-focused titles, pretty much require you to keep them up to date. Single player games in the other hand work perfectly without being updated. So let player decide which games he wants to be updated automatically and to which he will download updates manually when/if he will want to.
distracted.130: This is already in place. Select an installed game, then select More->Configure.
Oh, haven't found it there, thanks for the tip. It seems that they even have an option of update rollbacking planned, awesome!
Trying out the Galaxy Client but it is really working my hard drive. Whenever it installs or checks the games I have already on my PC the hard drive just goes nuts, I never heard it run so loud with other software .
Serrith: Is anyone else having a virus warning when you try to download and install Wing Commander Prophecy through GOG Galaxy ?

It connects to an external website : (DO NOT CLICK IT !) i changed the HTTP to hxxp for safety

hxxp://wpc.11df.edgecastcdn.net/0011DF/content-system/v1/depots/1207662663/windows/27149540/main.bin?1223fb438 68c5f174d699ac85c3ffcf696360d2c33a06c0464b046ae2dfa1ae03dfa1700dced50d27eb10e8326b2166f992df60cacf8745a3f35178 36bf087599686146f4eff087e463dce70a45289

Once it connects my virusscanner identifies it as a : Win32:MalOb-IJ [Cryp]

This really scares me, the other games install just fine and so far only this game causes an alert.

I use Avast as virusscanner.
That's a safe link as that's one of the servers Galaxy downloads the games from in the first place :) As for the virus warning, it's a false positive and you might want to let the Avast folks know about it :)
Serrith: Is anyone else having a virus warning when you try to download and install Wing Commander Prophecy through GOG Galaxy ?

It connects to an external website : (DO NOT CLICK IT !) i changed the HTTP to hxxp for safety

hxxp://wpc.11df.edgecastcdn.net/0011DF/content-system/v1/depots/1207662663/windows/27149540/main.bin?1223fb438 68c5f174d699ac85c3ffcf696360d2c33a06c0464b046ae2dfa1ae03dfa1700dced50d27eb10e8326b2166f992df60cacf8745a3f35178 36bf087599686146f4eff087e463dce70a45289

Once it connects my virusscanner identifies it as a : Win32:MalOb-IJ [Cryp]

This really scares me, the other games install just fine and so far only this game causes an alert.

I use Avast as virusscanner.
Do a scan with Malwarebytes, seems you have something on your system. which is not related to Galaxy
gnodab: Also I find it kinda annoying that I can't scroll through my whole library. I know 600 games might be hard to fit on a shelf, but having to flip through ten pages is not really ideal.
Yes, it's quite annoying, and I only have two pages. Web library has one single list for all games, Galaxy library should be the same.
DCT: I have The two underworld games and worlds of ultima as well as 6 all patched to use Roland MT sound via a custom Dosbox SVN and 2 and 3 with graphic and music patches and sure enough as I said every damn time we get a new test build, boom it changes it all back and I got to go and re-patch them
mvscot: To be fair, that's not specific to Galaxy - you get the same result by blindly running the newest installers from the web or GOG Downloader.

I always back up and re-merge my customisations for MT-32 etc. when updating.

P.S. Sometimes GOG fails to ship setup.exe/install.exe for DOS games so you can do this in the first place without hacks.
Well yeah that goes without saying but point is I can easily avoid that, everytime Galaxy updates to a new version I can't avoid that short of doing what I do know and copy my folders and copy them back over when Galaxy re-writes it all.
Just tried it. Is there a way to pause the download without having to exit the client?
Destro: HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Don't forget to choose the drive you want to install to, It defaults to "C" drive unless you change it. The little gear icon on the bottom of the left side allows you to make the change.
Well, since the update I managed to get one of my troublesome, stuck at 99% games to FINALLY install completely (Lands of Lore 2) so I decided to try something new. I cleared out the logs and started a brand new install of realMyst Masterpiece Edition. That was at 17:33 this evening:

2015-05-01 17:33:33:670 [galaxy_client][Information]: Product 1207664443 installation requested; product is currently not installed

It's now 02:06 and the game is stuck at 98.7%. There are large portions of the log with the entry

2015-05-02 02:05:04:998 [galaxy_client][Information]: FilesSerializer flushing due to 10s elapsed

showing that the download is constantly hanging trying to reach the servers:

2015-05-02 02:04:31:672 [galaxy_client][Error]: Timeout occurred during PerformRequest (requestId: 218E893C1929) for url [url=http://wpc.11df.edgecastcdn.net:80/0011DF/content-system/v1/depots/1207664443/windows/27598613/main.bin?1223fb43868c5f174d699ac85c3ffcf696360d2c33a06c0464b046ae2dfb17ed3a20fa9526f4203072623b12965d5103a2abe5ccf2110f965d74da4b4759fe87c1ce9970b5b0ff41624bc08431fe0a44ffa1c47ecab0f74fead2fe0e3f612014d78b7e65c902d2b32128552979e9102006b57621b6&fileExtForIe=.exe]http://wpc.11df.edgecastcdn.net:80/0011DF/content-system/v1/depots/1207664443/windows/27598613/main.bin?1223fb43868c5f174d699ac85c3ffcf696360d2c33a06c0464b046ae2dfb17ed3a20fa9526f4203072623b12965d5103a2abe5ccf2110f965d74da4b4759fe87c1ce9970b5b0ff41624bc08431fe0a44ffa1c47ecab0f74fead2fe0e3f612014d78b7e65c902d2b32128552979e9102006b57621b6&fileExtForIe=.exe[/url]: Timeout after 600182ms
2015-05-02 02:04:31:674 [galaxy_client][Error]: Internal server error (request: 218E893C1929) while trying to get access to binary file main.bin

I'm going to leave this overnight and see if it ever completes installing and exactly how long it takes. Surely 8 hours is a tad excessive, even for a 2.3Gb game?
Post edited May 02, 2015 by LynetteC
(sorry for bad english)
I just got the email, thanks for the invitation!
I think the client is good, knowing it is on alpha stage. Now im downloading the withcher 1 through Galaxy.Here are some suggestions:

. The option to add non-gog games executables. I would like to have all my games (not only gog games) on galaxy library
.Controller support, something like Steam Big Picture.
. As a spanish speaker, i would like to have gog galaxy in spanish
. A media player would be awesome (for gog movies and special editions extras like soundtracks, images, and books)

Greets!
Hello! Thanks for the invitation, guys. My only hope is i won't get yet another blank space on my shelf when Galaxy will be out of Alpha. ;)
I have imported my gog's games and all of them can be launched from Galaxy, except Mount and Blade.
There are no logs in Galaxy's Log directory.
Will you add an "in-home streaming"/"remote play" feature to the Galaxy client which allow us play remotely on our "main" computer from another of our system compatible with the Galaxy client over lan (and over internet) ?

If so, do you think you can "convert" your 32-bits Windows client in Windows 10 Universal App. ?
I have played around with the client for a few days, and everything generally works well. Installations generally work fine, although it is a pain to have to individually locate every currently installed game. I have generally had no problems I couldn't fix with regards to failing installations, with one exception (the guild 2 for some reason), but I feel that the client could do for a little more transparency (which would probably fix the "the guild 2" problem). It just sort of downloads what it wants when you are checking and updating an older version game. Some it seems to download an entire version of the game (I know this is a GOG..."feature"...hence why so many of my games are out of date), but others seem to download a few or single small files. I think the transparency of knowing what these are would help vastly (especially to those afraid of galaxy turning into DRM).

Downloading extras works great, I would hope for an option to download extras into the game folder or something similar.

Sometimes the "show folder" option opens the galaxy install folder instead of the game.

Changing language options is clunky, it doesn't really affect me (I use the English installs), but I tried it once, and I wasn't sure what exactly it was doing, but it never changed the already installed english version...

I like the other options in the drop down "more" menu on each game page, specifically the ones for other executables in the game folders (ex. map editors, character editors, settings, and I think sim city 4 even had a windowed version exe.) I like this feature, and best of all, so far everything has worked.

I like that you can rearrange the download order by dragging and dropping, but every time I do, no matter what things I am changing, it causes the current download or install to stop.

While the client has never crashed, if it is checking the game files of an out of date game it seems to crash my web browser. I don't exactly get that one, nothing else is effected (even processor and memory intense programs), just the browser (Chrome).

As with others, I don't like that when I hit the close button, the client doesn't close. I know it is a silly issue to have, but I have been working with windows based systems for at least 20 years or so (wow...it is 2015?), I think I know what the minimize button is and what the close button is. Perhaps an option to "minimize to sys. tray" for those who like to keep the task bar free of clutter while downloading games, or a "download in background" option or something like that.

Does the client use the gog launcher for the game? or the default launcher, as I noticed in one case (locomotion) the game launches just fine, while I know for a fact that the gog launcher crashes in windows 7, but the loco.exe does not. The reason for asking, is providing a "launch options" or "launch paramaters" would be a neat tool from the client.

Final petty issue, my account via the web browser does not know that the client now has the updated version of a game, and hence still tells me that the game has had an update.
I'm not sure what to do with this alpha client. You can't install any games with it, just look at your library list.

edit: Nevermind, I found where the scan and dd was hiding.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by BrandeX