It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: I do have to admit that there have been some frustrating games where I was tempted to just ALT+F4 due to being Nuffled :D
Psyringe: That is actually a situation where a time-out can be useful. :) Blood Bowl can definitely be a game that lets emotions fly high, in any direction. ;)

But the nice thing about a league like ours is that we don't really have to worry about the "abuse" part. No one here would try to abuse game features to "steal" a victory, and even if someone was crazy enough to try, it wouldn't work since it would be evident in the replay, and the admins wouldn't let a "stolen" victory stand.
Yeah, but I don't feel like making my opponent wait with a time out. Best to get it over with and lose with as much dignity and grace as is possible in such a situation :)
Rodzaju: Once someone starts throwing menu spam at me, I make it a policy to never play that person again.

So I guess I'm out.

For the most part, it has been fun.
JudasIscariot: May I ask what do you mean by menu spam? I have never seen this...
My last game against E_A.
Turn 16, I have blitzed his mino & am about to foul him.
He brings up the menu repeatedly.

This is a popular griefing method in some parts of the game but I had never expected to see it here.
Most players try to keep their clicking close to the centre of the screen (easier to see, away from the "end turn" button, etc.
When you bring up the menu, the "Abandon Game" button is now exactly dead centre of screen.
It is very easy for the unwitting victim to accidentally abandon the game if they are in the middle of an action (as I was) when the menu pops up unexpectedly.

Even if you avoid that particular pitfall, having the menu appear repeatedly when you are trying to perform an action (If the other guy brings up the menu, you cannot get rid of it except by abandon game until 30 seconds have passed) is very distracting, extremely annoying and universally hated.

In another league I play in (Where they take things a little more seriously) menu spam is cause for instant and permanent ban from the league.
I do not expect that to happen here, but I will refuse to play against someone who does this.
Rodzaju: I do not expect that to happen here, but I will refuse to play against someone who does this.
That's odd. You have no qualms of dragging a game out almost en entire half against me when things don't work your way, and when I asked you about it, you even explicitly said that you didn't want to keep playing, but didn't want to concede either because then I would be getting more points. I didn't think it was very sportsmanlike, but in the end it didn't matter much - it dragged out the game, but didn't change the result.

Yet, when someone else needs time to deal with a match that definitely did not go his way, you deem that so inacceptable that you refuse to ever play him again? His action had the same effect as yours in our match. They dragged out the game, but didn't change the result in any way.

Regarding the "abuse / griefing / unwitting victim" part - I understand that it's frustrating if an opponent needs to take a break while you want to play on, but I also think that suspicion and distrust is rather misplaced in our league. E_A definitely does not want to win by unfair means, that should be obvious to anyone who's following this league. Heck, he's the guy who switched prize list places with Michal once because he felt he didn't deserve his high spot due to having taken over Michal's place in the play-offs. If you _had_ clicked "Abandon Match" by accident, E_A would have been the first to tell the admins that you had actually won that game. (And even if he somehow mutated into a monster without any of us noticing and had wanted the victory for himself, the admins would have given it to you anyway.)
Post edited August 06, 2014 by Psyringe
Rodzaju: *snip*
I explained it to you in the in-game chat already:
E_A did not try to "menu spam" you. He did not try to make you accidentally click the Abandon Game button.

He saw your turn 16 foul coming in a match that you had already won at that point with no injuries on your side but several injuries including a death on his side. His Apo had already been used. E_A was considering leaving the match because of that.
He asked me about my opinion (that was when he left the menu for a moment t show me the situation as I hadn't watched his match) and then used the menu to pause the match again. After some consideration he decided to not quit and let the match run again. You made your foul and the match ended normally.
In the end the only harm that was done is that you had to wait for a moment.

Nobody is trying to cheat you (in this league). Not Cheongzewei in an earlier season, nor E_A now.
Post edited August 06, 2014 by Piranjade
Piranjade: <snip>
I'd like to join. Seeing as iippo is going to play as Halflings, I'll be entering an Ogre team.
CSPVG: I'd like to join. Seeing as iippo is going to play as Halflings, I'll be entering an Ogre team.
Cool!
Give me a tentative spot in the league. I will make it more firm in the next week once i take a closer look at my schedule.

Who am I playing? Vets, I think you know.
Tomorrow at 21.00 CEST i will test my dark elves against Kanarek/Michal/Havraha's skaven :). Lets hope i can survive my first playoff game :).
i would like to join the next season too. Not decided on the team yet, probably skavens or humans.

@arnob: hm, I really shoudl cut down the nicknames:)
kanarek: i would like to join the next season too. Not decided on the team yet, probably skavens or humans.
Ohhh. Will we get predictions again?
kanarek: @arnob: hm, I really shoudl cut down the nicknames:)
Yeah i wasnt sure which one was best to use :P.
kanarek: i would like to join the next season too. Not decided on the team yet, probably skavens or humans.
E_A: Ohhh. Will we get predictions again?
Oh yes! I missed those :D I second the predictions :D
http://store.steampowered.com/app/216890/
Blood Bowl Chaos Edition is on the Daily Deal. Maybe we can get more people interested on the game and expand our league?
If we get even more new stunty teams (Halflings, Ogres, Goblins, Underworld without Skaven, Lizardmen without Sauri) I'll consider putting up an extra prize for the best new stunty team this season.
Oops, looks like I posted in the wrong thread.

I guess you guys are still doing this. I'm thinking of playing this game, since I've had it for a while now. Where/how do I start?

And are there Beastmen in this game? They are my favorite army outside of the Dwarves.
Post edited August 06, 2014 by TekZero