It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Piranjade: Hear, hear!

Applications for Season 6 are open!
There are spots for 20 coaches!
10 coaches per division. One match per week with 8 coaches going into the play-offs at the end of the season.

"Season 6 is what we affectionately dub OPEN SEASON. This season will function much like Seasons 2 and 3, where returners will be grouped as equally across divisions as possible, but newbs and vets will share the same divisions as each other in an OPEN SEASON."

1. Psyringe - Wood Elves - "Natural Disaster" - TV 1890 - returning
2. Piranjade - Underworld - new or returning
3. JudasIscariot - Chaos - "Rioting Punks" - TV 1700 - returning
4. iippo - Halflings - new
5. Mainosmies - Chaos - "Dead Eye Berserkers" - TV 1340 - returning

Questions? Ask them!
where do we sign up?
Piranjade: Hear, hear!

Applications for Season 6 are open!
There are spots for 20 coaches!
10 coaches per division. One match per week with 8 coaches going into the play-offs at the end of the season.

"Season 6 is what we affectionately dub OPEN SEASON. This season will function much like Seasons 2 and 3, where returners will be grouped as equally across divisions as possible, but newbs and vets will share the same divisions as each other in an OPEN SEASON."

1. Psyringe - Wood Elves - "Natural Disaster" - TV 1890 - returning
2. Piranjade - Underworld - new or returning
3. JudasIscariot - Chaos - "Rioting Punks" - TV 1700 - returning
4. iippo - Halflings - new
5. Mainosmies - Chaos - "Dead Eye Berserkers" - TV 1340 - returning
6. duder - Wood Elves - "mark it zero" - TV 1420 - returning

Questions? Ask them!
I want to keep on playing bb in the coming weeks. Next season i guess i will be trying out the Goblins, no clue why, but suddenly i thought it would be fun to play :). (They will be a pain in naming i assume, with names needed all season :( ).
arnob8911: I want to keep on playing bb in the coming weeks. Next season i guess i will be trying out the Goblins, no clue why, but suddenly i thought it would be fun to play :). (They will be a pain in naming i assume, with names needed all season :( ).
I just started to number mine. So when Snotlah Stuntybones had to be replaced, the new one would be Snotlah Stuntybones II.
On average I had to replace a player every second game if I remember correctly. Either due to him being dead or having lost essential stat points.
arnob8911: I want to keep on playing bb in the coming weeks. Next season i guess i will be trying out the Goblins, no clue why, but suddenly i thought it would be fun to play :). (They will be a pain in naming i assume, with names needed all season :( ).
Piranjade: I just started to number mine. So when Snotlah Stuntybones had to be replaced, the new one would be Snotlah Stuntybones II.
On average I had to replace a player every second game if I remember correctly. Either due to him being dead or having lost essential stat points.
i do hope we don't start next week as it's paulusfeesten (www.paulusfeesten.be) meaning i'll be guttercrawling the whole week. ;)
duder113: i do hope we don't start next week as it's paulusfeesten (www.paulusfeesten.be) meaning i'll be guttercrawling the whole week. ;)
I assume we wait till the finals are finished and then the tuesday next or so before it starts. At least i think that is how it went in the past, perhaps a week more in between.
Once someone starts throwing menu spam at me, I make it a policy to never play that person again.

So I guess I'm out.

For the most part, it has been fun.
Piranjade: I just started to number mine. So when Snotlah Stuntybones had to be replaced, the new one would be Snotlah Stuntybones II.
I have started to resurrect my players with the same names they had before (no numbers), pretending that the death did not happen. ;)

Nuffle didn't seem to like this though, as he killed one of the poor guys again right away ... ;)
How many of you remember my elf team that got utterly brutalized?

No? Well, good news!

My nerfed catcher elves will step on the pitch once more!

I would like to enter with GetHurtKickers! (elf)
cheongzewei: How many of you remember my elf team that got utterly brutalized?

No? Well, good news!

My nerfed catcher elves will step on the pitch once more!

I would like to enter with GetHurtKickers! (elf)
That should be interesting. :) They played some awesome matches until they ... got kinda slaughtered ... ;) Nice to see them coming back. :)

Also, this league most definitely needs more elves. ;)
im absolutely in for next season .. im nit sure with wich team .. but i will come back
jol1yroger: im absolutely in for next season .. im nit sure with wich team .. but i will come back
My woodies would be very happy to get a chance to take revenge for the 1-4 beating they took against your orc-elves. ;)

I also love their style, they truly enrich the league. :)
Rodzaju: Once someone starts throwing menu spam at me, I make it a policy to never play that person again.

So I guess I'm out.

For the most part, it has been fun.
May I ask what do you mean by menu spam? I have never seen this...
JudasIscariot: May I ask what do you mean by menu spam? I have never seen this...
Under some conditions, the game allows you to pause it for longer than intended.

This can be useful if you need the time, but has also been abused in the higher echelons of the BB community. The intention of the abuse is to "halt" a game that you are about to lose, and then hope that the opponent gives up, giving you the win.

It has never been abused that way in our league though, and I don't think it ever will be. The GOG Blood Bowl League is a pretty relaxed league of friends, there's no one here so desperate to win that they would resort to such practices. Whenever I've seen someone halting time in our league, it has been because he needed the time, and the game always resumed normally afterwards.
JudasIscariot: May I ask what do you mean by menu spam? I have never seen this...
Psyringe: Under some conditions, the game allows you to pause it for longer than intended.

This can be useful if you need the time, but has also been abused in the higher echelons of the BB community. The intention of the abuse is to "halt" a game that you are about to lose, and then hope that the opponent gives up, giving you the win.

It has never been abused that way in our league though, and I don't think it ever will be. The GOG Blood Bowl League is a pretty relaxed league of friends, there's no one here so desperate to win that they would resort to such practices. Whenever I've seen someone halting time in our league, it has been because he needed the time, and the game always resumed normally afterwards.
Hmm OK, thanks for the explanation, I never saw this as everyone I've had the pleasure of playing with has simply played :) I did see someone taking their time but it was during the actual game with the clock ticking which is normal if you are actually playing the game with skill and strategy....unlike me where I hope to win via attrition AKA player removal :D

I do have to admit that there have been some frustrating games where I was tempted to just ALT+F4 due to being Nuffled :D
Post edited August 06, 2014 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: I do have to admit that there have been some frustrating games where I was tempted to just ALT+F4 due to being Nuffled :D
That is actually a situation where a time-out can be useful. :) Blood Bowl can definitely be a game that lets emotions fly high, in any direction. ;)

But the nice thing about a league like ours is that we don't really have to worry about the "abuse" part. No one here would try to abuse game features to "steal" a victory, and even if someone was crazy enough to try, it wouldn't work since it would be evident in the replay, and the admins wouldn't let a "stolen" victory stand.

I had one match where my opponent at one point simply stopped playing, meaning he just let the clock tick down for 4 minutes in each of his moves, although he could have just pressed the "End turn" button (or concede). I didn't think it was particularly sportsmanlike, but hey, everyone has his own ways to deal with frustration. In a highly competitive league, I might have wondered if my opponent was trying to frustrate me and make me quit, but not in this league.
Post edited August 06, 2014 by Psyringe