It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Piranjade: It would be nice if everybody could ask around to see if we can replace the two players someday though.
mefet: I asked around but the only person I know to own the game doesn't want to play it anymore, he says is bad for his nerves :P
Thank you for asking!
(I can understand the nerves argument, was literally shaking after my game with Psyringe yesterday.)

I made a recruitment post in the Cyanide Blood Bowl forum but without success so far.

How about everybody else? Any luck in recruiting people for the league?
Piranjade: You get a total of 16SPP (2 MVPs + 2 TDs) and you also get double the money and your injured players recover normally.

It would be nice if everybody could ask around to see if we can replace the two players someday though.
mefet: I asked around but the only person I know to own the game doesn't want to play it anymore, he says is bad for his nerves :P
I was looking around and my results are pretty much what he just said. I can completly understand it if you don't want to play Bloodbowl. Maybe that would really be the best option. The only way to win is not to play....
WereCrow: The only way to win is not to play....
oh, i thought the only way to lose is not to play..

As some wise guy said: You can do only two mistakes - 1st is not to start playing and 2nd is to stop playing. ...could it be he was actually refering to something else than BB? Anyways, i like to think of it this way ;)

--

and yeah, my brothers and friends seem to be totally useless regarding BB :/
Post edited November 17, 2013 by iippo
Piranjade: Thank you for asking!
(I can understand the nerves argument, was literally shaking after my game with Psyringe yesterday.)

I made a recruitment post in the Cyanide Blood Bowl forum but without success so far.

How about everybody else? Any luck in recruiting people for the league?
I was quite...miffed at my last match so I can understand the whole nerves thing :)
WereCrow: The only way to win is not to play....
iippo: oh, i thought the only way to lose is not to play..

As some wise guy said: You can do only two mistakes - 1st is not to start playing and 2nd is to stop playing. ...could it be he was actually refering to something else than BB? Anyways, i like to think of it this way ;)

--

Sounds like the quote of some kind of gambler...
iippo: oh, i thought the only way to lose is not to play..

--

WereCrow: Sounds like the quote of some kind of gambler...
...with some creative googling i found something similar on fake buddhaquotes. i know i havent been reading that site, so dunno where i could have heard or read that - but I think the BB reference still stands ;)
Vamps vs Norse finished 1-1

Halfling Chef sucked!
Wizard sucked!
Apo sucked!

Zara the Slayer was AWESOME!!! Worth every penny I payed for her! And she didn't even get MVP :)

If you play against iippo, or any Undead team I guess (like Khemri, Necromantic, Undead or Vampire), and you have the inducements, buy her and stab, block, blitz with her every turn!
Aningan: Zara the Slayer was AWESOME!!! Worth every penny I payed for her! And she didn't even get MVP :)

If you play against iippo, or any Undead team I guess (like Khemri, Necromantic, Undead or Vampire), and you have the inducements, buy her and stab, block, blitz with her every turn!
I for one would not recommend Starplayer. The Risk is just too high loosing SPP or MVP in the end...

A failing Halfling Chef sucks... I agree.
Aningan: Vamps vs Norse finished 1-1

Halfling Chef sucked!
Wizard sucked!
Apo sucked!

Zara the Slayer was AWESOME!!! Worth every penny I payed for her! And she didn't even get MVP :)

i wrote huge post and then i apparently crashed whole gog forum and internet ate the post. well duh.

i uploaded the replay + bunch of others to google drive as usual.

gg Mr A. i am keeping fingers crossed that the third times the charm and nuffle will share the double red skulls to my opponent a bit more lavishly :)
undead fight chamsp vs. systematic chaos is running und very bloody from the start.

Edit: yeah ... lots of stupid unnecessary stalling...

Edit2:
2nd half also lots of stupid unnecessary stalling so I didn't watch it to the end. Just way too borring. thought some of you would have learned out of the last discussion about that.
Post edited November 17, 2013 by chaos_panda
2 of my cw ( 1 with str5 ) didnt play in this game so why should i risk something?

he got like 12 Ko ( full game ) and all of them came always back while my Ko guys just stayed in the box ;)

and if you watched my other games u would know that i even try to get a 4 0 as a chaos team!

to the game it ended 2 0 in my favor.
1 ghoul dead ( mvp sorry for that ) but his regenerate worked well ( 4 times? )
was lucky on my armor rolls so i Ko´ed him every third block ( round about )

replay will be uploaded tomorrow have to sleep now
Aningan: Zara the Slayer was AWESOME!!! Worth every penny I payed for her! And she didn't even get MVP :)

chaos_panda: I for one would not recommend Starplayer. The Risk is just too high loosing SPP or MVP in the end...

A failing Halfling Chef sucks... I agree.
The risk is small and worth it imho.

"One randomly selected player from each team who was eligible to play during this match, even if they are now dead, is awarded a Most Valuable Player award at the end of the match."

Worse chance is 1 in 12 of the Starplayer getting MVP. If it can win you the match (or in my case prevent loosing) it's worth it.
MafiaK1: 2 of my cw ( 1 with str5 ) didnt play in this game so why should i risk something?
Tbh, you shouldn't risk it.
Post edited November 17, 2013 by Aningan
I thought the stalling was a bit silly, but that's how he decided to play. By the time he got the ball both times, I had no way to stop it. I'd have tried to run up the score more. More chances for CAS and TD's. But hey, Blood Bowl is about risk management.

About the game itself, that was the worst game I've ever played. Period. I want to blame the TV difference for all the troubles, but in reality I didn't play well either. For the first time I really felt like there was absolutely nothing I could do in a BB game. I never even felt that way as Halflings; there was always SOMETHING I could do be it dodges to frustrate or suicide blitz's. There was just...nothing here.

My first instinct is to cry about how unfair it is that everyone on his team was level two to level four, and I do think that that gave him a huge advantage...but I've already proven this season that I can overcome large TV differences. He had the superior team by a large margin and played better then I did. It happens I guess.

Also, he killed Frank Shamrock; one of my ghouls. The game then gave him MVP. So I got nothing from that beating.
guys, is anyone in contact with Jolly?

I sent him message last week, on steam and in game, but I am still waiting for the reply. If you can push him/her a bit, I will appreciate it:).
chaos_panda: undead fight chamsp vs. systematic chaos is running und very bloody from the start.

Edit: yeah ... lots of stupid unnecessary stalling...

Edit2:
2nd half also lots of stupid unnecessary stalling so I didn't watch it to the end. Just way too borring. thought some of you would have learned out of the last discussion about that.
I wasn't part of the leage then, so I have to ask: What discussion? And even if it's boring sometimes it's necessary or you 'll probably lose the game.