It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
ChuckBeaver: Thank you for illustrating the point. Your response is common among linux users and is probably the best example of why Microsoft and apple stay on top.

The level of ignorance for a group of supposedly smart people is astounding as it is perplexing.
shmerl: I doubt Andy_Mac87 is using Linux, so you are missing the point. Plus MS and Apple have tons of money to control the market, so your second point that they somehow control it because of Linux community is wrong as well.
Trolling me is not helping.
Anyone know how to swap the WASD keys with the arrow keys? I was letting my kid play with the keyboard and he did it somehow but I can't ask him because he's only one! I don't know if it's a Linux thing (Debian) or a keyboard thing (ADX) but searching only seems to get answers for how to do it on Windows anyway.
HappyPunkPotato: Anyone know how to swap the WASD keys with the arrow keys? I was letting my kid play with the keyboard and he did it somehow but I can't ask him because he's only one! I don't know if it's a Linux thing (Debian) or a keyboard thing (ADX) but searching only seems to get answers for how to do it on Windows anyway.
Found this:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/296155/how-can-i-remap-keyboard-keys

Ubuntu is based on Debian, so I imagine it's likely the process works on Debian too.
_Auster_:
I don't think a one year old could do something that would require key remapping by simply randomly pressing and smashing the keyboard. :P
InkPanther: I don't think a one year old could do something that would require key remapping by simply randomly pressing and smashing the keyboard. :P
Me neither and I can't begin to fathom how the kid did it, but from what I was reading, if the method I found does work on Debian, it sounds like a good workaround.
HappyPunkPotato: Anyone know how to swap the WASD keys with the arrow keys? I was letting my kid play with the keyboard and he did it somehow but I can't ask him because he's only one! I don't know if it's a Linux thing (Debian) or a keyboard thing (ADX) but searching only seems to get answers for how to do it on Windows anyway.
Perhaps Fn+W if your keyboard has Fn key? Google suggests in some keyboards it switches WASD and arrow keys.
Post edited November 20, 2021 by InkPanther
I love the idea of my one-year-old deliberately remapping the keyboard!
InkPanther: Perhaps Fn+W if your keyboard has Fn key?
That did it thanks. I found and tried all sorts of similar combinations (Fn+Windows, Fn+Esc etc) but never saw that one suggested.

Edit: Also, hi Ink Panther, I'm Pink Panther :-)
Post edited November 20, 2021 by HappyPunkPotato
HappyPunkPotato: That did it thanks. I found and tried all sorts of similar combinations (Fn+Windows, Fn+Esc etc) but never saw that one suggested.

Edit: Also, hi Ink Panther, I'm Pink Panther :-)
Cheers.

Hi. ;)
You can try remapping with AntiMicroX. It is made for gamepad mapping, though.
Alm888: You can try remapping with AntiMicroX. It is made for gamepad mapping, though.
InkPanther already found the solution but that program could definitely be useful, thanks!