It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There's actually some movement in the storefront of Desura's "Cheap End" sale now. The platformer (?) Claudio has entered the front page and is steadily climbing ranks, probably because its offered for free (100% off from 3.99 €). The download is labeled "Alpha", so the game may be incomplete.
briancullen: 50% Off You Are Not A Banana on Desura! May 30th to June 1st (2 days)
Smannesman: The developer has a very similar name.
Is that a no no on this thread?
Daily Deal on GamersGate

Expeditions: Conquistador 75% off for $5/€5/£4.5.
briancullen: Is that a no no on this thread?
Opinions vary. Unsuspecting readers could indeed mistake your post for a vivid recommendation of your game, written by another GOG member. They might feel a bit a bit tricked if they find out you're the developer. If you're registerig at a new place solely to pitch your game, it might be best to disclose that in your post.

Anyway, now that I gave you enough of a bad conscience, how about giving us some info about how this Cheap End sale works from a dev's end? ;)

Several people have been curious how much freedom you have in choosing the prices (range, frequency), and whether you need sales to push your game up or clicks. Personally I'm not sure if the format will work well for the devs since it looks like an encouragement to the devs to start a race to the bottom with regard to prices, which might be nice for the customers, but may leave little revenue for the devs.

If you are able you satisfy our curiosity, I'll place a direct link to your game (I think you can't do that yet). ;)

(Yes, I know I'm shameless. But also curious. ;) )
Post edited May 31, 2014 by Psyringe
Psyringe: Opinions vary. Unsuspecting readers could indeed mistake your post for a vivid recommendation of your game, written by another GOG member. They might feel a bit a bit tricked if they find out you're the developer. If you're registerig at a new place solely to pitch your game, it might be best to disclose that in your post.

Anyway, now that I gave you enough of a bad conscience, how about giving us some info about how this Cheap End sale works from a dev's end? ;)

Several people have been curious how much freedom you have in choosing the prices (range, frequency), and whether you need sales to push your game up or clicks. Personally I'm not sure if the format will work well for the devs since it looks like an encouragement to the devs to start a race to the bottom with regard to prices, which might be nice for the customers, but may leave little revenue for the devs.

If you are able you satisfy our curiosity, I'll place a direct link to your game (I think you can't do that yet). ;)

Just on a side note Dave Gilbert (Wadjet Eye) had quite an issue with the mechanics behind this Desura sale.
:)
Post edited May 31, 2014 by dyscode
Not as far as I'm concerned, but I immediately got suspicious when you started posting testimonials.
I do think it's common decency to mention you're the developer, now to me it comes across like you're a shill from one of those old timey miracle cure shows.
Psyringe: Opinions vary. Unsuspecting readers could indeed mistake your post for a vivid recommendation of your game, written by another GOG member. They might feel a bit a bit tricked if they find out you're the developer. If you're registerig at a new place solely to pitch your game, it might be best to disclose that in your post.

The indie market is over saturated (stating the obvious here) and getting noticed is difficult. Getting sales even more so, especially if your game doesn't feature kittens, hot chicks or zombies. We have complete freedom to decide the price of our games and whether or not we enter into the CheapEnd Desura sale - or any other sales or bundles for that matter. The pressure comes from the fact that other games devs will enter sales (catch 22) - and that makes your game seem over priced/less appealing. What may need to be done is a complete boycott of such sales but in order to achieve this all indie devs would have to get onboard (not likely). I too am concerned with devaluing the overall market and even the non-sale price of my game is too low (less than the price of a coffee). However I am planning on developing a full-length version of my game so getting the current version of the game into the hands/minds of players is very important. So I'm kinda selling at loss (with regard to time and effort) as a form of marketing for future content. If I choose to spend more time/energy on more content I won't include it in a regular sales but I will set it at a fair price. Overall I believe these sales are ok if your are starting off and looking to get noticed; but if you have spent considerable money on developing a game you would be mad to throw it out there for free and offering a demo instead would be a better solution. Most of the indie game scene is new to me as I'm more of an artist who happened to have made a game than a dev - although I'll change that definition if I ever get the privilege of making a living from my creations.
Smannesman: Not as far as I'm concerned, but I immediately got suspicious when you started posting testimonials.
I do think it's common decency to mention you're the developer, now to me it comes across like you're a shill from one of those old timey miracle cure shows.
Well I have to market my own game - otherwise nobody will - and if its on sale then posting it to a gaming deals thread seems appropriate. I assumed that the inclusion of game review quotes would point to that fact that I am related to the development game but I probably should have disclosed this more openly.
briancullen: (snip)
Thanks for your insights, much appreciated. :) Follow-up question, can you change the price/discount of your games on-the-fly during this sale, or do you have to stick with the one you chose initially?

Also, You are not a banana has climbed to the top three, so the advertising seems to be successful. ;)
briancullen: (snip)
Psyringe: Thanks for your insights, much appreciated. :) Follow-up question, can you change the price/discount of your games on-the-fly during this sale, or do you have to stick with the one you chose initially?

Also, You are not a banana has climbed to the top three, so the advertising seems to be successful. ;)
I can change the sale percentage and duration on the fly but that would go against the discount percentage and duration I have advertised in my posts, tweets etc. As long as it wasn't as smaller percentage I suppose nobody would mind. Not sure if the sales prices are always this flexible - but I can definitely change the percentage and duration during the current promotion.
All in USD
Amazon
LAST DAY for their Digital Mayhem Sale!!!! here
-Lots of games under $5: Sam & Max, Wolfenstein 3D, Red Faction, DOOM, Monkey Island, Hotline Miami, pixlejunk shooter...
-Bundles
Check it out, too much to type out everything; 1000+ games

Steam
-PayDay 2 9.99 (Also free to play through Sunday June 1st)
-Brothers: A tale of two sons 6.00
-Metro 2033 3.74
-Dead Space 4.99

GameStop PC DIgital Gaming Sale ends June 2ndHere
-Assassin's Creed Sale
--Assassin's Creed 4.99
--Assassins's Creed 2 4.99
--Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 4.99
-Sword of the Stars 2 Enhanced Ed. 4.99

......plus a ton more. use link to see all.

GetGames here
-Serious Sam 3 BFE Gold 12.49
-Gauntlet (Pre-Purchase) 15.99
-Final Fantasy XIV: 12.49
-Final Fantasy XIV Collectors Ed: 22.49

GameFly Started it's Summer Digital Sale Here
here are a few:
-Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 4.99
-Dishonored 4.99
-Fallout 3 4.99
-Fallout NV Ultimate 11.99
-Quake 2: 4.99
Crysis TRILOGOY: 24.99

Greenman Here
-20% Off if you spend 10 dollars/pounds/euro through 4pm UTC June 2nd (see link above for code)
-65% off Nosgoth packs (too many to list)
RPG Maker VX Ace is on sale for the weekend for 75% off, and you can even try it for free, though personally I prefer freeware alternatives like OHRRPGCE, which is forever-free and DRM-free.
jcoa: RPG Maker VX Ace is on sale for the weekend for 75% off, and you can even try it for free, though personally I prefer freeware alternatives like OHRRPGCE, which is forever-free and DRM-free.
If someone wants RPG Maker VX Ace, then the current Humble Weekly Bundle is the much, much better option though.
Lugamo: Thank you. I really wanted to buy Steam-less versions of those games.
dyscode: Believe me, you don't want GameShield.
L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3 still have GameShield in the Steam version.
Post edited May 31, 2014 by Lugamo
dyscode: Believe me, you don't want GameShield.
Lugamo: L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3 still have GameShield in the Steam version.
Oh I was hoping your original post also included these games.
Well, too bad for Rockstar, no money from me.