It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dragobr: Are you guys sure this isn't the last day?
The picture in the main page only goes up to sunday.
That's true, but it says "MAY 23 - MAY 30". The fact that the arrow seems to be pointing at Sunday at the very end there either implies that today's deal continues throughout the 30th, ends immediately on the 30th (it doesn't really ever work that way on Steam, so that'd be a first), or, much, much more likely, tomorrow is the encore sale.

If there's anything 33% off today that you want, maybe you could play it safe and get it today, but I'm personally not going to sweat it. Sales like this always end with an encore sale and continue through the entire last day that's advertised.
Post edited May 29, 2011 by LordKuruku
Brink is going for $30 or even less on eBay now. Example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brink-PC-2011-/200613486974

We currently have a known issue with this game. Due to severity we have included your case and escalated it to level 2.
LordKuruku:
ZOMG LEVEL 2???? lol I love how an arbitrary number is provided by these companies to make customers feel better about their service, though if I was to do it I would have bumped you up to 9001, just personal preference though.
lowyhong: Brink is going for $30 or even less on eBay now. Example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brink-PC-2011-/200613486974
Amazon has it for that price, too (physical copy).
emusan: ZOMG LEVEL 2???? lol I love how an arbitrary number is provided by these companies to make customers feel better about their service, though if I was to do it I would have bumped you up to 9001, just personal preference though.
I did inquire as to what the "known issue" is (something tells me the real answer to that is "none of your business"), but didn't make enough of the 'level 2' issue to ponder it for more than a second after reading it. I imagine they had to send messages like this out to thousands of people, to help keep the more idiotic ones smiling vacantly. Thing is, it's been a full day since I "bought" this game, so I have to wonder if I should make more of a fuss and demand to know why I don't seem to have a digital download that I paid for 24 hours ago.

Looking at the Steam forums, I've seen the relevant topic has several others in the same boat. Always comforting to be in good company, but needless to say, this is the worst digital download store I've used to date, and I've used Greenman Gaming. Hopefully, this ordeal will have been worth it, whenever the fuck I can expect it to conclude, but in retrospect, maybe I could've waited for a sale on Steam until next December instead.

Fallout 3 GOTY is still on sale, by the way. Only $15, that's half off! A great deal! Any takers? ¬_¬
Attachments:
Post edited May 30, 2011 by LordKuruku
LordKuruku: snip
It's possible they ran out of keys.
LordKuruku: snip
bansama: It's possible they ran out of keys.
+1

This is exactly what happened with Prey on Steam. A lot of people were left... gameless.

I had a retail key so I didn't have this issue.
Foxhack: This is exactly what happened with Prey on Steam. A lot of people were left... gameless.
At least in this case, as far as I know, there's no legal battle preventing the stocking of new keys.
Foxhack: This is exactly what happened with Prey on Steam. A lot of people were left... gameless.
bansama: At least in this case, as far as I know, there's no legal battle preventing the stocking of new keys.
Not to mention if Gamestop can't get more keys they'll just refund the money... unlike Steam.
Dragobr: Are you guys sure this isn't the last day?
The picture in the main page only goes up to sunday.
LordKuruku: That's true, but it says "MAY 23 - MAY 30". The fact that the arrow seems to be pointing at Sunday at the very end there either implies that today's deal continues throughout the 30th, ends immediately on the 30th (it doesn't really ever work that way on Steam, so that'd be a first), or, much, much more likely, tomorrow is the encore sale.

If there's anything 33% off today that you want, maybe you could play it safe and get it today, but I'm personally not going to sweat it. Sales like this always end with an encore sale and continue through the entire last day that's advertised.
I really wouldn't expect anything today. I'm pretty sure that in a little less than 12 hours the sale simply ends. It started a week ago, this is/was the last day of the week. It does go through to the 30th since I think they don't change it till noon or something local time?

Foxhack: Not to mention if Gamestop can't get more keys they'll just refund the money... unlike Steam.
?

I know you don't get refunds on games you actually bought and got but were there cases of people who never got a CD-Key (after running out) who didn't get a refund? Far as I remember they either got them later or got reversed?
Post edited May 30, 2011 by Pheace
bansama: It's possible they ran out of keys.
You needn't tell me that, I already came to that conclusion long ago. In fact, I inquired as to whether the "known issue" had anything to do with issuing more Steam keys and have yet to get word back. It's coercing some honesty out of them that I'd like. As long as I get a Steam key or a cash refund I'll get by.

Pheace: I really wouldn't expect anything today. I'm pretty sure that in a little less than 12 hours the sale simply ends. It started a week ago, this is/was the last day of the week. It does go through to the 30th since I think they don't change it till noon or something local time?
We can but wait. :P
Hmm....if Steam sells out of Fallout 3 GotY and never gets it back, then that's me out for FO3 permanently because you can't find it hard copy anywhere else.

Of course there have been a number of 'Hyped Up' games in the past that became scarce, resurrected again, and I found out they friggin' sucked but fortunately the resurrected pricing was bargained from the previous retail pricing.

LOL - five years from now we'll find it on GoG for ten bucks. And it will be one of those GoGs that's like "Ah...so this is what this was...meh." XD
Post edited May 30, 2011 by carnival73
Check my Aion thread for an epic deal. Epic deal = free codes to first come, first served.
carnival73: Hmm....if Steam sells out of Fallout 3 GotY and never gets it back, then that's me out for FO3 permanently because you can't find it hard copy anywhere else.
Lol, they're not gonna run out of those an time soon. This was about Gamestop running out :)
Steam ran out of keys during some sale periods before due to high sales, but not permanently. They even drained a publisher's keys in Riven's sale. Sold more copies than the publisher was prepared to sell xD
carnival73: Hmm....if Steam sells out of Fallout 3 GotY and never gets it back, then that's me out for FO3 permanently because you can't find it hard copy anywhere else.
Pheace: Lol, they're not gonna run out of those an time soon. This was about Gamestop running out :)
Steam ran out of keys during some sale periods before due to high sales, but not permanently. They even drained a publisher's keys in Riven's sale. Sold more copies than the publisher was prepared to sell xD
Yeah, i had that problem with borderlands dlc, my key just vanished from the list but it reappeared one week later ;) So no biggie, you'll always have it, they might just borrow your key to sell it to some other dude lol. Grumble grumble