It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: Oh, now I noticed that one of GRIP's missing updates was released on Steam more than one year ago. That and the game's other missing features indicate to me that the GOG version was meant to be gimped from the get go and won't be getting any more updates.
If that and the lack of DLC is true, this is really not nice from GOG and devs. Especially for a new release I mean :/
And me who was happy first to see the game arriving here... well, I'll wait for this to be fixed to consider buying it.
Post edited June 21, 2021 by Splatsch
soosgjr: Unfortunately, some of the free content is also missing, primarily because it's a 1.5.0 build, while on Steam it's at 1.5.2.
Lol, this is rich. Has anyone tried to open a ticket to support at least? You know, so that they'll "notify the right people"...
Train Station Renovation

GoG version 1.0.0.1a test

Steam version 2.2.0.2a
soosgjr: Unfortunately, some of the free content is also missing, primarily because it's a 1.5.0 build, while on Steam it's at 1.5.2.
WinterSnowfall: Lol, this is rich. Has anyone tried to open a ticket to support at least? You know, so that they'll "notify the right people"...
Or maybe they will "forward it to product" aka as "never heard from again" ... but sure, why not. I don't own the game but I will contact them anyway ... even though my hopes are not really high.
WinterSnowfall: Lol, this is rich. Has anyone tried to open a ticket to support at least? You know, so that they'll "notify the right people"...
I did a few days ago, but i'd strongly suggest others to do the same.
So far as i know, GoG-Games are sometimes lacking a new upgrade, not necessarely because of the devs but because GoG is simply to slow updating their launcher.

I think GoG needs more "power" but seems to lack the ressources doing so. Devs are very rarely, if ever, interested into publishing "outdated" versions, because it will only cause unnecessary issues. In extreme cases someone will simply get a "updated crack"... issue solved.

As for missing content such as sountracks or artbooks, it surely can be downloaded somewhere, as soon as Steam content is cracked. Bad treatment of paying customers is always a worst-.case solution and it will NEVER be any good idea. But of course, no good feeling, knowing you was paying for it and finally... need to get something "out of a legal instance"... sad.

Sometimes even many DLCs are missing, but i guess there will be mods available for a even better upgrade. Usually those kind of games i put on hide and saving me the nerves, just not worth it. Maybe you can put some bad words to the devs and/or GoG, in case they did not update and files already available to them. I would usually not go further than this... and usually the games i get are complete.

Indeed, some devs/publisher simply got in mind "GoG is a worse second class citizen platform, we will give them some cheap cutted down-version,, as their genital-size and moneybag is low sized already"... however, this is... fortunately, not the majority.

Surely 2 currently worse offenders:

WARHAMMER. CHAOSBANE: Several DLCs missing including 4k textures (weird enough, GoG is NOT removing the line "THE ULTIMATE VERSION OF THE GAME: unlock all DLC with this edition to enjoy an enhanced game" experience and unlimited replayability!)
https://www.gog.com/game/warhammer_chaosbane
I was putting the game on hide now, just not worth the troubles.

And the second worse offender:
NECROMUNDA: HIRED GUN:
Every DLC missing, and apparently the devs do not care. Steam is basically "premium" to them... seems to be the reason.
https://www.gog.com/game/necromunda_hired_gun
It does not affect my gameplay in a negative way, and the missing content i may get somewhere else... in term never updated.

Of course there is many more offenders....
Post edited June 22, 2021 by Xeshra
high rated
A short while ago I discovered that Forsaken Remastered is missing an update on GOG that fixed a critical bug that prevents you from unlocking and playing the last bonus level, completing about 5 achievements, collecting all the crystals, and unlocking the last pilot.

This is a very small hotfix released on Steam on 14/08/2018, so a good 3 years ago. Many people asked Nightdive Studios to release the hotfix on GOG as well, and after being ignored repeatedly, this is the answer they received on 21/10/2020 (i.e. after two years of reporting the problem):

"No it's likely on us (somehow, I'm not sure how a patch got missed but someone must have mucked up the distribution back then) but because of the length of time it took us to be alerted to the problem we can't just upload a new build now because the codebase has since changed and wouldn't be suitable for just making a new build on the fly.
So it's currently waiting for us to have time to reopen the project, as it were."

When it was pointed out recently on Nightdive's Discord channel that nothing has been done after years, not only Nightdive totally ignores the complaints, but several users of the platform intervened saying that GOG users are "entitled", that the bug is insignificant and that with a small business like theirs they can't think about these things.

Obviously this has been reported to GOG support as well, and obviously nothing has changed.
MarkoH01: Or maybe they will "forward it to product" aka as "never heard from again" ... but sure, why not. I don't own the game but I will contact them anyway ... even though my hopes are not really high.
I don't think it will solve anything either, but at least someone will hear people are complaining and might reach out to the devs... which will promptly assure them they will add the missing content here in the next century or so.

In some rare cases they do listen (we got Hellfire for Diablo through popular demand after all), but it doesn't seem to be an issue of them forgetting about it or not thinking people would want it this time.
Post edited June 22, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
Not sure what to say... but yeah, this is indeed a serious bug that should be fixed. Apparently the Steam-version "was worth it being fixed", GoG-version was not...
MarkoH01: Unfortunately GOG only seem to care about quantity right now. Nearly each day another game arrives on GOG ... and with every game it is another potentially not updated game. GOG simply does not want to press their so called "partners" (maybe con men would be more fitting in some instances since they took our money and ran away) because they don't want to lose another number in their (so often outdated) catalogue.
This is to negative to me....

There is always some offenders, but in overall most of the GoG games i got had a good shape.

GoG, as far as i know only is currently publishing around 4000 games, this is still very low compared to Steam with a amount of over 50 000 games already... the difference is really huge. There is so much trash on Steam... i have a really hard time picking a few good games there, using their catalogue. On GoG it`s a lot easyer to me... there is more "precious games":..
However, Epic games got a even lower number than this, not even truly good ones. just as much junk in-% comparable to Steam... INCLUDING DRM, so GoG is not that bad... it seems the gamer`s support is pretty strong nowadys.

So, yes, there is many offenders but surely not THAT worse... luckily. Trying to find out affected games i own now... making comparisons with Steam-Versions.

Disco Elysium: Soundtrack missing

Searching... will take a lot of time, but my games are usually complete.
WinterSnowfall: I don't think it will solve
In my experience - it can.
But it's ... unstable process. =)
high rated
Alexim: GOG users are "entitled"
Asking for a patch = entitlement! xD

Hahaha, holy shit!

Thanks for the story! Made for some entertaining (and educational!) reading!
Will take many hours checking it out... besides, just for the smile: Some games are better on GoG, for example "Dusk" and "Shadow Warrior 2013". Dusk is offering crossplay and a exclusive "GoGatorium" https://steamcommunity.com/app/519860/discussions/0/1747891643724028133/ and Shadow Warrior 2013 is offering a exclusive katana: Both are astounding games.. so yeah... love is still around. Batman™: Arkham Knight is better too... no DRM and all the DLCs are included with Season Pass.

Hard to find games that are worse... so far it is pretty balanced.

And ofc DRM-free is always better but this is nothing new, happens to all games.

So... back to checking it out.
Sleeping Dogs

Very minor gripe, but I'll mention it anyway: The leaderboards in the Social Hub are apparently disabled in the gog version.
Attachments:
I wish there would be "usual suspects", frankly it does not exist. From small indie devs up to huge companys... almost everyone might or could give some bad treatment, according to my experience. It simply depends on the individual mentality of the ones in charge. So it is incredibly hard to find... can look just about everywhere.

The only common finding is that most of the "old school japanese companys" tend to avoid GoG, because they usually love DRM. Rather surprised about Square-Enix, a huge company pretty good in supporting GoG. Worst offender is probably Capcom and a few more.
high rated
Xeshra: So far as i know, GoG-Games are sometimes lacking a new upgrade, not necessarely because of the devs but because GoG is simply to slow updating their launcher.
The "launcher" aka GOG Galaxy can be updated by the devs themselves. Only a few devs need approval from GOG which also in theory is mostly unnecessary since they hav a contract at this stage and GOG themselves screwed up more than once as well. Unfortunately GOG does not force this way to update games to the devs so some still upload the files using other channels. Anyway, it would be perfectly doable for GOG to have nothing to do with the updates at all - the way it already is the case for numerous games.

Xeshra: I think GoG needs more "power" but seems to lack the ressources doing so. Devs are very rarely, if ever, interested into publishing "outdated" versions, because it will only cause unnecessary issues. In extreme cases someone will simply get a "updated crack"... issue solved.
Unfortunately this is not really true. The problem with devs not caring to update GOG is that it is additional work for them and GOG still has a far lower market share. So they develop and update directly on Steam and take GOG as a bonus. So they treat GOG customers as second class citizens. Some devs even completely stopped updating GOG or offering DLCs ... Regarding lack of resources from GOG - while it has nothing to do with updates (as stated above) they could simply prevent this problem as well by stopping with the stupid requirement for GOG workers to move to Poland. Again - another problem made by GOG experienced by their customers.

fronzelneekburm: Sleeping Dogs

Very minor gripe, but I'll mention it anyway: The leaderboards in the Social Hub are apparently disabled in the gog version.
Just out of curiosity - is this the case in Galaxy as well?
Post edited June 22, 2021 by MarkoH01