It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KetobaK: I will send a message to THQ and Piranha, to see if they can add it, also will contact GOG to see if they can solve it.
They just need to add just the original English version, the others are available, that's good.
alexandros050: If you contact them could you let them know about the Risen 1 missing updates? We are missing 4 beta patches.
Beta updates will never be added to offline installers anyway...
MarkoH01: Right now you can still download the original OL installer by simply chosing anything other than English as language. [...]
Thanks for the tip, One question, though - will it speak English or the language chosen?
MarkoH01: Right now you can still download the original OL installer by simply chosing anything other than English as language. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Thanks for the tip, One question, though - will it speak English or the language chosen?
I just installed it to make sure that I won't give out the wrong information. Technically the game is almost multi language and you only need to change the following entrys

SubtitleLanguage="English"
VoiceLanguage="English"

in the file ConfigDefault.xml located in Risen\data\ini. Unfortunately I also noticed that GOG decided to only install the videos in the language of the installer. According to the directory structure these are just two logos, the intro and the outro. From those only the intro has language in it, So even if it probably would be possible to get the intro from the english new Risen while keeping the rest, I guess in this case the solution is only a perfect one for those who don't want to play in English.

Edit (again): Just noticed that the Spanish version does not include Spanish audio according to the gamecard. Maybe this means it will install the english videos and the spanish text that could be changed with the editing of the config above. Alreadyy dowwnloading the installer to test it.

Tested it and it is also not perfect. Now you get the intro video in English with forced Spanish subs inside of the black bars. :(
Post edited February 28, 2023 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I just installed it to make sure that I won't give out the wrong information. Technically the game is almost multi language and you only need to change the following entrys

SubtitleLanguage="English"
VoiceLanguage="English"

in the file ConfigDefault.xml located in Risen\data\ini. Unfortunately I also noticed that GOG decided to only install the videos in the language of the installer. According to the directory structure these are just two logos, the intro and the outro. From those only the intro has language in it, So even if it probably would be possible to get the intro from the english new Risen while keeping the rest, I guess in this case the solution is only a perfect one for those who don't want to play in English.
I'm relatively certain that I must have the original installer backed up on some external HD, yet I'm going to keep this tip, just in case. Thank you for being so thorough.
Alexim: Something tells me that if GOG notices the old installers the only thing it will do is remove them, as it has done with other games.
MarkoH01: I completely agree with Alexim since it is EXACTLY what they did when the same thing happened with Little Big Adventure (and in that case I even told them to NOT remove the original version ... they did anyway). So I strongly suggest you to NOT tell them.
Same reason I am always baffled when people want them to "fix" or "update" the forum. If the treatment of old installers is any indication of how they fix things, then please just keep the infinite purple reply dot forever. I still think we could benefit from a "offline installer users are treated like second class citizens" thread where it lists instances of GOG customers being told to "just use Galaxy" to access old versions of games...it would illustrate to onlookers how bad the rot has truly become.
Just got this back from inXile, TBH I am not really sure that this is the case...

"Greetings!

This listing is actually the same Remastered and Resnarkled version as present on the other platforms:

https://www.gog.com/en/game/the_bards_tale

Though that listing lacks the Remastered and Resnarkled branding, it is the more recently published version of that title.

Kind regards,
inXile Support"
EnforcerSunWoo: Just got this back from inXile, TBH I am not really sure that this is the case...
Indeed sounds unlikely, given that that the R&R version was released in 2017, whereas the GOG version, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't changed since 2014.
mrkgnao: Indeed sounds unlikely, given that that the R&R version was released in 2017, whereas the GOG version, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't changed since 2014.
2016 as per GOGDB, but that doesn't mean too much either (and that is even if it is accurate). I never really did look into what the "Remaster" all entailed before. At the very least it does seem like some compatibility fixes, a new splash screen and some steam non-sense, otherwise it is exactly the same.

"The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled features the following updates:

Updated splash screen and app icon.
Runs at highest desktop resolution by default without bringing up the Graphics settings app.
Graphics settings app updated to no longer incorporate legacy language settings. Instead, the Steam specified language is used which is the preferred method.
Full Steam overlay support (Shift + Tab).
Steam achievements & trading cards.
Additional language support for Italian.
64 bit OS’s no longer crash at startup."

So, it might be possible we have what really matters with GOG's version already, the crash fix on 64 bit and the resolution updates. Should really take a look sometime soon and make sure, but it really is viable concerning those fixes. Seems like the Remastered & Resnarkled was just a marketing ploy to bring more attention to the game on Steam for a short duration. I would say that if the crash fix and resolution updates are present then there really is nothing of value lost other than perhaps the Italian language support for those who would need it.
mrkgnao: Indeed sounds unlikely, given that that the R&R version was released in 2017, whereas the GOG version, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't changed since 2014.
EnforcerSunWoo: 2016 as per GOGDB, but that doesn't mean too much either (and that is even if it is accurate).
I don't think GOGdb is correct.

I have checked MaGog's logs (which I still have) and the Windows offline installer hasn't changed from 6 Nov 2014 to 31 Dec 2020 (MaGog's last day). And it's the same installer that is currently available.
high rated
EnforcerSunWoo: 2016 as per GOGDB, but that doesn't mean too much either (and that is even if it is accurate). I never really did look into what the "Remaster" all entailed before. At the very least it does seem like some compatibility fixes, a new splash screen and some steam non-sense, otherwise it is exactly the same.

"The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled features the following updates:

Updated splash screen and app icon.
Runs at highest desktop resolution by default without bringing up the Graphics settings app.
Graphics settings app updated to no longer incorporate legacy language settings. Instead, the Steam specified language is used which is the preferred method.
Full Steam overlay support (Shift + Tab).
Steam achievements & trading cards.
Additional language support for Italian.
64 bit OS’s no longer crash at startup."

So, it might be possible we have what really matters with GOG's version already, the crash fix on 64 bit and the resolution updates. Should really take a look sometime soon and make sure, but it really is viable concerning those fixes. Seems like the Remastered & Resnarkled was just a marketing ploy to bring more attention to the game on Steam for a short duration. I would say that if the crash fix and resolution updates are present then there really is nothing of value lost other than perhaps the Italian language support for those who would need it.
Tested: except the crash fix on 64 bit, the other stuff (splash screen and icon, highest desktop resolution by default, language settings, italian support) is not there.

So no, the version available on GOG is not the same as the one in Steam.
Post edited March 01, 2023 by Ghildrean
The entry for XIII is outdated. It did receive an update on January 30 to version 1.7.8247

The Steam version received 3 updates since without patch notes, they might just be Steam related or beta versions.
Believe it or not ... you can take Figment off the list, it was finally updated from 1.1.8a to 1.6.0
high rated
neumi5694: Believe it or not ... you can take Figment off the list, it was finally updated from 1.1.8a to 1.6.0
I believe it. I reminded them yesterday, they promised me to fix it today and they kept their promise :)
I knew you could count on these guys - I always had that feeling. And now all we have to is to support them and buy Figment 2 (at least those who are interested in the game) :)
Post edited March 07, 2023 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I believe it. I reminded them yesterday, they promised me to fix it today and they kept their promise :)
I knew you could count on these guys - I always had that feeling. And now all we have to is to support them and buy Figment 2 (at least those who are interested in the game) :)
Yeah, I did the same. I was shocked to actually get an answer.

Now let's try the same with http://www.thedigitalounge.com/ and Another World 20th Anniversary Edition.
I wrote them a couple of times already. Maybe if more people do it ...
Post edited March 07, 2023 by neumi5694
MarkoH01: I believe it. I reminded them yesterday, they promised me to fix it today and they kept their promise :)
neumi5694: Yeah, I did the same. I was shocked to actually get an answer.

Now let's try the same with http://www.thedigitalounge.com/ and Another World 20th Anniversary Edition.
I wrote them a couple of times already. Maybe if more people do it ...
Unfortunately in most cases the amount of people complaining don't seem to matter much ... it is more a question of the character of the devs. Remember what they said on discord after you (I guess it was you) thanked them for the update they posted "It was the reasonable thing to do". This really shows the character of the devs ... we need mor of them. However I will still contact the digital lounge as well - especially since I own the game myself as well :)
Post edited March 07, 2023 by MarkoH01