It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
It's not fully updated, but the list now covers everything up to the end of October. I'll see when I can put in the rest
Well, it looks like other games from Wadjet Eye have the same price tags as on Steam.

I'll try to contact the publisher because it's usually the fastest (and most efficient) way to solve a problem like this, or at least get an official statement about it.
high rated
Alright, should be fully updated now. Thank you all!

I explicitly left out the Interplay mentions (for the most part) because the situation is not that clear. Some mentioned have Mac/Linux builds. I need more information, are these more recent builds, or what's the difference?

Aside from that, everything should be on the list now.

Exsurgent: UNOFFICIAL ISSUES ROUNDUP 15 November 2021
Thank you!
Are we sure about Cardaclysm being on the list for missing updates? The list notes say it's missing updates since March, but gogdb says it's updated well past that and the last posted changelog on Steam

https://www.gogdb.org/product/1171767228#builds

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1252710/discussions/0/2789369351344070274/
Post edited November 17, 2021 by Lucian_Galca
ElTerprise: I explicitly left out the Interplay mentions (for the most part) because the situation is not that clear. Some mentioned have Mac/Linux builds. I need more information, are these more recent builds, or what's the difference?
I think either some of those Mac/Linux ports might have already been on GOG but not on Steam at the time of the tweet or they were added some time between the tweet and today. I checked SteamDB and ALL of the games mentioned have both Mac and Linux builds on Steam. The situation with GOG is a bit more complicated (according to the store pages):

Conquest of the New World: Missing Mac/Linux build
Cyberia 2: Resurrection: Missing Mac build
Descent: Missing Linux build
Descent 2: Missing Mac/Linux build
Dragon Wars: Missing Mac build
Earthworm Jim 1+2: The Whole Can 'O Worms: Missing Mac build
Kingdom: The Far Reaches: Missing Mac/Linux build
Lost Eden: Missing Mac build
M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2: Missing Linux build
Prehistorik 1+2: Missing Mac build
Redneck Rampage Collection: Missing Linux build
Screamer: Missing Linux build
Screamer 2: Missing Linux build
Shattered Steel: Missing Mac/Linux build
Stonekeep: Missing Mac/Linux build
Subwar 2050 Complete: Missing Linux build

So I have no idea whether the Mac/Linux builds on Steam are newer, but it's clear that GOG doesn't have some of them at all.

Lucian_Galca: Are we sure about Cardaclysm being on the list for missing updates? The list notes say it's missing updates since March, but gogdb says it's updated well past that and the last posted changelog on Steam
You're right, according to GOGDB, the last two updates were on 9 March 2021 and on 26 July 2021. Last update on Steam was on 22 July 2021. I think the game might be up-to-date. It was probably reported some time after the last March update and then nobody noticed that the game was updated again in July.
The old version of Tales of Monkey Island did indeed have issues with audio, which was fixed thanks to GOG support, specifically Konrad because Telltale refused to update it themselves. I ended up contacting support to fix the issue, as that was the only way to get the corrected files at the time.

https://www.gog.com/forum/tales_of_monkey_island/episode_2_bad_voice_quality/post8

The latest release of Tales of Monkey Island supposedly is based on the dvd version, which added LeChuck's original voice actor Earl Boen. Someone would have to check the 2nd episode to make sure, but the long standing audio issue probably is now officially fixed with the current version.
ElTerprise: I explicitly left out the Interplay mentions (for the most part) because the situation is not that clear. Some mentioned have Mac/Linux builds. I need more information, are these more recent builds, or what's the difference?
Exsurgent: I think either some of those Mac/Linux ports might have already been on GOG but not on Steam at the time of the tweet or they were added some time between the tweet and today. I checked SteamDB and ALL of the games mentioned have both Mac and Linux builds on Steam. The situation with GOG is a bit more complicated (according to the store pages):

Conquest of the New World: Missing Mac/Linux build
Cyberia 2: Resurrection: Missing Mac build
Descent: Missing Linux build
Descent 2: Missing Mac/Linux build
Dragon Wars: Missing Mac build
Earthworm Jim 1+2: The Whole Can 'O Worms: Missing Mac build
Kingdom: The Far Reaches: Missing Mac/Linux build
Lost Eden: Missing Mac build
M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2: Missing Linux build
Prehistorik 1+2: Missing Mac build
Redneck Rampage Collection: Missing Linux build
Screamer: Missing Linux build
Screamer 2: Missing Linux build
Shattered Steel: Missing Mac/Linux build
Stonekeep: Missing Mac/Linux build
Subwar 2050 Complete: Missing Linux build

So I have no idea whether the Mac/Linux builds on Steam are newer, but it's clear that GOG doesn't have some of them at all.
But for example Earthworm Jim 1 has a Mac build, it's just not shown because it's 32bit and thus incompatible with macOS Catalina and newer. Hence my question. It's not as easy. The situation with the Linux builds is easier.
ElTerprise: But for example Earthworm Jim 1 has a Mac build, it's just not shown because it's 32bit and thus incompatible with macOS Catalina and newer. Hence my question. It's not as easy. The situation with the Linux builds is easier.
You're totally right, sorry about that. I just looked at what the store pages say and I guess those may be incorrect in many cases. I also didn't know about that Catalina compatibility issue since I have practically no experience with Linux and Mac.

So, if I may ask a dumb question: Do we need to rely on someone with a Mac or Linux machine to manually test whether GOG's builds are compatible with current versions of these operating systems or is there a way to just take that information from SteamDB/GOGDB? Honestly, I wouldn't even know where to look for version numbers for Mac/Linux builds in SteamDB :D
high rated
Alright. Last update of the list. Fixed some errors and moved Hatoful Boyfriend to the removed games.

Exsurgent: You're totally right, sorry about that. I just looked at what the store pages say and I guess those may be incorrect in many cases. I also didn't know about that Catalina compatibility issue since I have practically no experience with Linux and Mac.

So, if I may ask a dumb question: Do we need to rely on someone with a Mac or Linux machine to manually test whether GOG's builds are compatible with current versions of these operating systems or is there a way to just take that information from SteamDB/GOGDB? Honestly, I wouldn't even know where to look for version numbers for Mac/Linux builds in SteamDB :D
No problem, I think I figured it out just going by the information provided by GOGdb regarding builds and downloads.
Compatibility would be a second step, for now all the missing builds are in the list.
I actually don't know if incompatible versions are hidden on Steam but yes in theory at least for Mac that would require checking.
For now, just documenting the missing builds is sufficient.
Exsurgent: So, if I may ask a dumb question: Do we need to rely on someone with a Mac or Linux machine to manually test whether GOG's builds are compatible with current versions of these operating systems or is there a way to just take that information from SteamDB/GOGDB? Honestly, I wouldn't even know where to look for version numbers for Mac/Linux builds in SteamDB :D
Games that have 32-bit Mac versions on GOG are listed as such under the Windows system requirements (because that makes total sense).
Attachments:
32bit.png (78 Kb)
Exsurgent: So, if I may ask a dumb question: Do we need to rely on someone with a Mac or Linux machine to manually test whether GOG's builds are compatible with current versions of these operating systems or is there a way to just take that information from SteamDB/GOGDB? Honestly, I wouldn't even know where to look for version numbers for Mac/Linux builds in SteamDB :D
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I read, Linux games made for older versions of the OS should work normally in newer versions. And if a required dependency is removed and is no longer officially available, it should still be possible to sideload it.
Superliminal received the (cross-platform) multiplayer update yesterday and can be removed from the list.
Edit: In Galaxy that is, the offline installer should be updated shortly.
Post edited November 18, 2021 by SCPM
Added Afterparty, for missing the OST and added missing OST to Oxenfree

SCPM: Superliminal received the (cross-platform) multiplayer update yesterday and can be removed from the list.
Done. Thanks
_Auster_: Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I read, Linux games made for older versions of the OS should work normally in newer versions. And if a required dependency is removed and is no longer officially available, it should still be possible to sideload it.
That’s right, with some nuance: games from twenty years ago can be tricky to get running on current-day Linux distributions. But games published several years ago by GOG should all run on current-day Linux with nothing more than providing one or two old libraries (similar to Windows games coming with their own .dll libraries).

The most common issue we get is that GOG does not always provide these required obsolete libraries, letting the customers find by themselves what is missing and how to find it.
Post edited November 18, 2021 by vv221
ElTerprise: Added Afterparty, for missing the OST and added missing OST to Oxenfree

SCPM: Superliminal received the (cross-platform) multiplayer update yesterday and can be removed from the list.
ElTerprise: Done. Thanks
Unfortunately, Superliminal also has a ton of Steam Workshop content that's not available for the gog version, nor can it be downloaded without owning the Steam version, as it can't even be downloaded via third party sites like some other games.
Post edited November 18, 2021 by Lucian_Galca