It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeffyr: The tabs have been broken since yesterday, 'New' isn't updated either.
Plus, the number of items in the catalog hasn't been increased either, despite the additions.
Gurlok: Ugh...bad news indeed...I'm not really so hyped, as there are even mods which aren't updated anymore (even though they still work like a charm) which hardly will be made compatible with the SE. So yeah, I still hope we will see here the standard edition.
Rusty_Gunn: Oh, it's not that that I'm hyped for the SpecialE at all. it's just that there are some mods I've been keeping an eye on & Steam is not a viable option for me.
Personally I'm mixed with the Special Edition.

How I see it...

Bethesda: We need to make Skyrim look prettier
Employees: We'll attach all the best graphic enhancing mods we can find, it'll only take about 10 minutes.
zeffyr: The tabs have been broken since yesterday, 'New' isn't updated either.
Grargar: Plus, the number of items in the catalog hasn't been increased either, despite the additions.
They fixed it :)
Dartpaw86: Personally I'm mixed with the Special Edition.

How I see it...

Bethesda: We need to make Skyrim look prettier
Employees: We'll attach all the best graphic enhancing mods we can find, it'll only take about 10 minutes.
Well...I'm more worried about the mod feature on consoles, while i don't normally mind it, many modders on nexus are (rightfully) complaining this feature, fearing that users will "steal" their mods to use them on consoles, without giving any credit. Still, I'm really hoping that the standard edition will hit GOG sometime in the future.
JMich: No idea about average, but I do know of a game that is 18 months and still not here, as well as games that only took a couple of months. I'd say though that the bigger the publisher, the longer the time, since they will have more things to look at and more games to check. An indie publisher with a single game could probably be done in a few weeks, as was the case with The Cat Lady (I think, seeing when it was released here).
Yeah, also depends on whether or not they decide to add Galaxy multiplayer support, achievements and whatnot.
Looks like funny old-school RTS Crush Your Enemies was released today, and on steam forum devs wrote:
"You mean - humble store? CYE should be available there and on GoG once it will be released."

http://steamcommunity.com/app/406850/discussions/0/412448792361753854/

Can't wait :D
cyboff: Looks like funny old-school RTS Crush Your Enemies was released today, and on steam forum devs wrote:
"You mean - humble store? CYE should be available there and on GoG once it will be released."

While that at least looks interesting, if that ends up being today's release... well, I hope it's not just that.
This is probably not the best place to throw this comment...but whatever.

I'd be willing to bet that someone will create a mod for Skyrim's Special Edition (which I also think will be the one coming here) that will "revert"/convert/whatever the SE version to make IT compatible with all older mods.

I seriosuly doubt Bethesda are changing anything in a way that can't be modded to be made backwards compatible. This just seems like it should be easier than waiting & hoping that every modder updates their stuff individually. But I'm no modder so I'm just hoping for the best here. :)
cyboff: Looks like funny old-school RTS Crush Your Enemies was released today, and on steam forum devs wrote:

i create a wishlist for it

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/crush_your_enemies
I find the idea of a summer hiatus (maybe not for GOG but for big-name publishers) strange because this is the time when most young people (out of school for the summer) are able to buy and play games.

As for GOG, it's boring but I've mostly gotten over it (whereas in 2013 I would have complained vocally) because I have no intention of buying, unless more Humongous games show. ;)

adaliabooks: Nah, only one list had any release dates at all, the one from the True or False thread. And I think that one has been largely debunked at this point as half the games it claimed would come in the Spring never did.
That was really strange; are we as a community important enough now for somebody to take the time (write up a large list) to troll like that? :P I recall one or two other times people trolled us, but I think this was more elaborate. Sucks that we won't be getting Black & White, admittedly. :(
tfishell: I find the idea of a summer hiatus (maybe not for GOG but for big-name publishers) strange because this is the time when most young people (out of school for the summer) are able to buy and play games.
How many young people are on GOG though? Just look at the 'what was your first computer thread' for an indication for an average age around here:D
high rated
New company in the catalog: Visceral Games (EA-owned), developer of e.g. Dead Space

Get hyped!
tfishell: I find the idea of a summer hiatus (maybe not for GOG but for big-name publishers) strange because this is the time when most young people (out of school for the summer) are able to buy and play games.
Honestly I think most kids usually play video games during their school periods (to relax and forget about homework) :P

When I was a kid the summer months were mostly to go to the beach, visit the rural areas and hang out with other kids. At least I remeber that I used to play less videogames in those times. And other kids my age had simular schedules.
I suppose young people nowadays are not much different.

At least (as far as I can remember) summer was a time for "videogame drought". Even game magazines skipped the August edition and only resumed publishing in September,
Post edited July 14, 2016 by karnak1
The-Business: New company in the catalog: Visceral Games (EA-owned), developer of e.g. Dead Space

Get hyped!
Oh my god I just might cream... sorry, but who wouldn't?
The-Business: New company in the catalog: Visceral Games (EA-owned), developer of e.g. Dead Space

Get hyped!
Welp, that pretty much confirmed Dead Space.

Now hurry up with it, chop chop GOG.