It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Silverhawk170485: Maybe on 28th of october Skyrim will be released, because on that date Bethesda will release the Special Edition.
Gurlok: Wouldn't his put beteshda in a bad light? The special edition is free for every steam user owner of skyrim legendary edition/skyrim with all the 3 dlc.
I don't think so. If, just if, they release the SE here at release day (Beth title on gog on release day.. lol) it would look more silly if they released the old version 3 month before just to have it replaced; even more so if it involves some programming for gog galaxy archivements.

Also, economically speaking, the Fans who have it on steam will make Beth no money since free upgrade. gog could be the only serious income for that specific case. (I know, a pro reason for release; not that such ever lead to anything useful).
Post edited July 12, 2016 by anothername
Fairfox: Naaah, no offence-y but that's silly; publishers aren't going to lose moolah just because they're a little hurt peeps kno what gamies are coming in advance.
karnak1: Specially considering that, in videogame business, hype usually = $$$
Leaving those links wouldn't have been as hype-inducing, or increasing seeing as hype had already been generated by the links having been revealed, as removing them. Their removal causes people to form absurd theories, hype increases, publishers happy, GOG happy. And GOG could have hidden those links from the get go if they had wanted to, such things are hardly mistakes.
Post edited July 12, 2016 by Daniel_M
Daniel_M: Leaving those links wouldn't have been as hype-inducing, or increasing seeing as hype had already been generated by the links having been revealed, as removing them. Their removal causes people to form absurd theories, hype increases, publishers happy, GOG happy. And GOG could have hidden those links from the get go if they had wanted to, such things are hardly mistakes.
Not only that, common sense dictates that if a publisher removes themselves (or some of their games at the very least) from the catalogue, GOG Staff would've informed the community about every misbehavior that caused it in the first place. Heavy loss of potential revenue is quite the catastrophe, if these games never see the light of day here for such silly reasons.

At the very, very worst, these games get delayed by what, a month or so?

So yeah, everything is fine.
Post edited July 12, 2016 by Dray2k
Dray2k: Not only that, common sense dictates that if a publisher removes themselves (or some of their games at the very least) from the catalogue, GOG Staff would've informed the community about every misbehavior that caused it in the first place. Heavy loss of potential revenue is quite the catastrophe, if these games never see the light of day here for such silly reasons.

At the very, very worst, these games get delayed by what, a month or so?

So yeah, everything is fine.
We are talking here about games that have not been announced yet, so there would be no need for GOG to clarify anything.
Besides, it would be unwise for them to do so from the business point of view even if there were not any NDAs in place, which is to be taken as certain to not be the case. Companies like to keep silent about as much as possible, so GOG disclosing such information and thereby damaging the reputation of publishers would see them losing (potential) partners very soon.
Post edited July 12, 2016 by Daniel_M
Daniel_M: *snipsnap*
True, but them watching this thread and doing nothing while also being aware of said consequence can have the same impact.

AFAIK the consequence of "erasing" entries has been meager so it is safe to assume that we can still expect these games to appear in this year or at least "within the foreseeable future".
Dray2k: True, but them watching this thread and doing nothing while also being aware of said consequence can have the same impact.

AFAIK the consequence of "erasing" entries has been meager so it is safe to assume that we can still expect these games to appear in this year or at least "within the foreseeable future".
Oh, the games are coming, there is no question about that. I will see my Oblivion soon enough (I would say a month or two), what worries me is how I will find the time to play it with this behemoth of a goddamn library I have on GOG. :D
Dartpaw86: Actually I never thought about it, but how does this work?

Would EA get all the profits from the sales, and pay GOG afterwards? Or does GOG take some of the money then pay EA the remainder?
If it works like the other DD stores, gOg take 30% and send EA 70%. However, they do not send momies after each sale, so they accumulate until it reaches a certain threshold value. So if a game never reach that value in slaea, gOg might not send anything. Let's say, for example, gOg transfers monies each time it reaches $2000. There are also other variations, such as sending the monies once each month, it all depends on contracts.
fortune_p_dawg: those actually did link to the support pages for those games, but then gog admin caught wind and they were promptly hidden.
Emob78: I think it's worse than that. I think someone snitched to the publishers that we were leaking release info on the forum via the support API links and the publishers got pissed and made gog go back and write entire new deals... possibly even scratching some releases altogether.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. And never be disappointed.
woah! what makes you say that?
Emob78: I think it's worse than that. I think someone snitched to the publishers that we were leaking release info on the forum via the support API links and the publishers got pissed and made gog go back and write entire new deals... possibly even scratching some releases altogether.

fortune_p_dawg: woah! what makes you say that?
I think as a child his parents told him "THIS is the year you're getting a Red Ryder BB gun" and then every Christmas morning woke him up early to no gifts under the tree to say "I'm sorry little Jimmy, but Santa ran out of toys at the house next door AGAIN this year."

I joke, but I do tend to agree with the sentiment ;) Hope for the best prepare for the worst!

fortune_p_dawg: woah! what makes you say that?
Nothing but pure cynicism.

But speculatively, the various leak lists had most of the AAA titles with summer releases. As we are now halfway through summer, and still with absolutely no hints or word about the releases, I can only assume that either the lists were incorrect and we've been hoping all this time for games that will never be released here, or indeed the leaked info somehow compromised the release dates and they've now been put back on the TBA timeline due to contract re-writes.

I wouldn't put that past the publishers one bit. If they felt their negotiations or contracts with gog had been compromised for any reason, the lawyers are most sure to descend like ravenous vultures to protect both intellectual properties as well any possible economic liabilities. Maybe I'm being unnecessarily paranoid, but when it comes to a billion dollar business like video gaming, stranger things have happened.
sherringon456: Mirror's Edge looks interesting, but not as interesting Crysis. Also, DAO is good but not Bioware's best game (That would be Kotor or Mass Effect 2 IMO. ME3 is also better than DAO IMO.).
Mirror's Edge does look like fun, I own it on Steam but got frustrated during the tutorial due to it rewinding back to far to start over due to some quirks I had with the controls. Not necessarily an issue with the game though, but rather me ramping up to it. :) Sadly, we seem to be getting a slow trickle of games I mostly already own on Steam hehe, but that's ok. For the cause! :)

I own Crysis 2 somewhere I think, but would want to get the series on GOG if it came here just because. The list of support pages someone posted earlier does have some snazzy titles in it, I hope they all come here.

One thing that I think we all may underestimate too, is just how much effort each individual game takes to bring here. Support has to build pages for the support website, the devs need to work on the installers, making the games run on various OS/hardware combinations, researching and developing troubleshooting docs and workarounds, training support themselves to handle things, working with the pub/dev on stuff along the way, possibly going through some back and forth until they can get the game, all the assets for the website etc. online and probably a slew of other things we haven't thought about.

Got me thinking... I wonder what the average turnaround time is for a game on GOG from getting an initial inquiry/response to front page release announcement. Would be curious if GOG would share that info with us, but it might be secret-sauce type info too. :) There could be a gigantic amount of effort gathering stuff together depending on the game so it'd probably be a wide range of time depending on what and who they have to work with on the pub/dev side, and how many free resources they have at the moment to juggle between all the pending games, find maps etc. and still find time to play Witcher 3. :)
skeletonbow: I wonder what the average turnaround time is for a game on GOG from getting an initial inquiry/response to front page release announcement.
No idea about average, but I do know of a game that is 18 months and still not here, as well as games that only took a couple of months. I'd say though that the bigger the publisher, the longer the time, since they will have more things to look at and more games to check. An indie publisher with a single game could probably be done in a few weeks, as was the case with The Cat Lady (I think, seeing when it was released here).
I think that the main reason why GOG's been kind of slow lately is purely just good old "summer hiatus".
Many of their workers are probably on hollidays and the site is sort of "stagnated" because of that.

Necropolis was released yesterday and it's still on the Upcoming tab instead of the new launches section.
karnak1: Necropolis was released yesterday and it's still on the Upcoming tab instead of the new launches section.
The tabs have been broken since yesterday, 'New' isn't updated either.
Emob78: Nothing but pure cynicism.

But speculatively, the various leak lists had most of the AAA titles with summer releases. As we are now halfway through summer, and still with absolutely no hints or word about the releases, I can only assume that either the lists were incorrect and we've been hoping all this time for games that will never be released here, or indeed the leaked info somehow compromised the release dates and they've now been put back on the TBA timeline due to contract re-writes.

I wouldn't put that past the publishers one bit. If they felt their negotiations or contracts with gog had been compromised for any reason, the lawyers are most sure to descend like ravenous vultures to protect both intellectual properties as well any possible economic liabilities. Maybe I'm being unnecessarily paranoid, but when it comes to a billion dollar business like video gaming, stranger things have happened.
Nah, only one list had any release dates at all, the one from the True or False thread. And I think that one has been largely debunked at this point as half the games it claimed would come in the Spring never did.
SCPM's various scraped lists never mentioned dates (as there were none, just names he found through various API manipulations) but have proved very accurate (unsurprisingly given the source of the data).

I imagine, as usual, dealing with big publishers is a lengthy affair so the more sought after games are just taking longer to come (or are set for specific release dates, like Bethesda's stuff coming when Quakecon is on as many have suggested)