It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Silverhawk170485: Maybe on 28th of october Skyrim will be released, because on that date Bethesda will release the Special Edition.
Gurlok: Wouldn't his put beteshda in a bad light? The special edition is free for every steam user owner of skyrim legendary edition/skyrim with all the 3 dlc.
Well, I mean... obviously at that point, the expectation would be that Bethesda is releasing the SE here. And assuming they do that, I don't see the issue.

What would really cast Bethesda in a bad light is if they wait another 3 months to give us anything. Cuz that would be dumb.
Chacranajxy: What would really cast Bethesda in a bad light is if they wait another 3 months to give us anything. Cuz that would be dumb.
My point is that people would complain about the zero chance of getting it for free through gog, as the standard version was never released. I don't really mind in the end, I still wish to see it here once and for all :P .

EDIT: It would be nice to release the creation kit along too, as it's still steam dependant.
Post edited July 12, 2016 by Gurlok
Chacranajxy: What would really cast Bethesda in a bad light is if they wait another 3 months to give us anything. Cuz that would be dumb.
Gurlok: My point is that people would complain about the zero chance of getting it for free through gog, as the standard version was never released. I don't really mind in the end, I still wish to see it here once and for all :P .

EDIT: It would be nice to release the creation kit along too, as it's still steam dependant.
Perhaps the original would temporarily become part of GOG Connect. My guess is, though, that Bethesda just don't care since we're obviously small fries compared to Steam.
Gurlok: Wouldn't his put beteshda in a bad light? The special edition is free for every steam user owner of skyrim legendary edition/skyrim with all the 3 dlc.
Chacranajxy: Well, I mean... obviously at that point, the expectation would be that Bethesda is releasing the SE here. And assuming they do that, I don't see the issue.

What would really cast Bethesda in a bad light is if they wait another 3 months to give us anything. Cuz that would be dumb.
I disagree, since it can be thought of that the SE is a "new" (using that term very loosely) game. I think games should come here when they're more mature than 1-day release. I sure wouldn't want a large day-1 patch & by the time I almost get that dl'ed we get another patch. plus a 3-month delay could allow mods & user made tools to mature as well.
Chacranajxy: Well, I mean... obviously at that point, the expectation would be that Bethesda is releasing the SE here. And assuming they do that, I don't see the issue.

Rusty_Gunn: I disagree, since it can be thought of that the SE is a "new" (using that term very loosely) game. I think games should come here when they're more mature than 1-day release. I sure wouldn't want a large day-1 patch & by the time I almost get that dl'ed we get another patch. plus a 3-month delay could allow mods & user made tools to mature as well.
You... can just wait to play it, you know? There is literally no advantage to everyone else being forced to wait.
tfishell: Perhaps the original would temporarily become part of GOG Connect. My guess is, though, that Bethesda just don't care since we're obviously small fries compared to Steam.
This is one harsh truth :(

Rusty_Gunn: I disagree, since it can be thought of that the SE is a "new" (using that term very loosely) game. I think games should come here when they're more mature than 1-day release. I sure wouldn't want a large day-1 patch & by the time I almost get that dl'ed we get another patch. plus a 3-month delay could allow mods & user made tools to mature as well.
I agree with you when it comes to new games...skyrim SE could be different though. We are not really sure they will fix anything they left with the latest update of the standard edition. In all honesty though I'm more concerned about the standard edition coming here then the SE, as we still don't know how it will handle older mods.
Post edited July 12, 2016 by Gurlok
Gurlok: I agree with you when it comes to new games...skyrim SE could be different though. We are not really sure they will fix anything they left with the latest update of the standard edition. In all honesty though I'm more concerned about the standard edition coming here then the SE, as we still don't know how it will handle older mods.
The video linked in this post
was what I was referring to on the SE. & I too would rather have the non-special edition available to us here. I would def buy the SE if the regular was part of the deal (an extra or part of the install (a bit like the Homeworld release here)).
Rusty_Gunn: The video linked in this post
was what I was referring to on the SE. & I too would rather have the non-special edition available to us here. I would def buy the SE if the regular was part of the deal (an extra or part of the install (a bit like the Homeworld release here)).
Ugh...bad news indeed...I'm not really so hyped, as there are even mods which aren't updated anymore (even though they still work like a charm) which hardly will be made compatible with the SE. So yeah, I still hope we will see here the standard edition.
Rusty_Gunn: The video linked in this post
Gurlok: Ugh...bad news indeed...I'm not really so hyped, as there are even mods which aren't updated anymore (even though they still work like a charm) which hardly will be made compatible with the SE. So yeah, I still hope we will see here the standard edition.
Oh, it's not that that I'm hyped for the SpecialE at all. it's just that there are some mods I've been keeping an eye on & Steam is not a viable option for me.
Rusty_Gunn: Oh, it's not that that I'm hyped for the SpecialE at all. it's just that there are some mods I've been keeping an eye on & Steam is not a viable option for me.
I can feel you mate :/
rotorde: Here you go.
Awesome! A forum post that links to support pages that are 404 errors. I'm totally convinced now for sure! :)

simonm197: Nice find!

too bad the games I was hoping for resulted in a page not found error :(

Anyways, someone should write a script to scan for a game list/database to find upcomming releases before GoG fixes this "feature"...
And automating the taking of full page screenshots as evidence, so they're not just 404 links a day/week later. :)
Post edited July 12, 2016 by skeletonbow
rotorde: Here you go.
skeletonbow: Awesome! A forum post that links to support pages that are 404 errors. I'm totally convinced now for sure! :)

simonm197: Nice find!

too bad the games I was hoping for resulted in a page not found error :(

Anyways, someone should write a script to scan for a game list/database to find upcomming releases before GoG fixes this "feature"...
skeletonbow: And automating the taking of full page screenshots as evidence, so they're not just 404 links a day/week later. :)
those actually did link to the support pages for those games, but then gog admin caught wind and they were promptly hidden.
skeletonbow: Awesome! A forum post that links to support pages that are 404 errors. I'm totally convinced now for sure! :)

And automating the taking of full page screenshots as evidence, so they're not just 404 links a day/week later. :)
fortune_p_dawg: those actually did link to the support pages for those games, but then gog admin caught wind and they were promptly hidden.
I think it's worse than that. I think someone snitched to the publishers that we were leaking release info on the forum via the support API links and the publishers got pissed and made gog go back and write entire new deals... possibly even scratching some releases altogether.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. And never be disappointed.
deleted
Emob78: I think it's worse than that. I think someone snitched to the publishers that we were leaking release info on the forum via the support API links and the publishers got pissed and made gog go back and write entire new deals... possibly even scratching some releases altogether.
Fairfox: Naaah, no offence-y but that's silly; publishers aren't going to lose moolah just because they're a little hurt peeps kno what gamies are coming in advance.
Specially considering that, in videogame business, hype usually = $$$