It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Odysseus: Long Way Home
Hidden Object.
While this one takes inspiration from Homer's Odyssey, the plot has been drastically modified to be kid friendly. Negative reviews complain about either bugs that I never encountered or the kid friendly plot. I have to wonder what the latter was expecting.... except no, I was too busy being distracted by all the cats to care.

https://imgur.com/8dAvBdf.jpg
https://imgur.com/PFuiLy2.jpg
https://imgur.com/Gv5hfe2.jpg
https://imgur.com/9nHokek.jpg

This doesn't include two scenes that had cat statues and one that had a bunch of animals lounging about, including tigers and a cheetah.

Gourmania 3: Zoo Zoom
Hidden Object.
This one is a rather odd hidden object game where you run a whole series of restaurants clustered together as if they're a restaurant shopping mall plus a zoo.

https://imgur.com/ixFtUaj.jpg
https://imgur.com/aG5EIhL.jpg
Sam and Max hit the road

I can’t believe it has been almost 25 years since I last played this game. The humor is still great, and the graphics and animation aged rather well. The music is fine, but not great, and the voice acting still holds up.
The story is simple and crazy in that S&M style, but the ending left me a bit disappointed. I guess I forgot a lot about the game. I couldn’t remember few of the puzzle solutions and resorted to the hint book two or three times. I completely forgot how insane the logic of this game can be.
I am glad I replayed it but I remember liking it way more when I was younger.
The Walking Dead: The Final Season, Jul 23 (Xbox Gamepass)-An emotional ending to Clementine's story. The game is a couple of ticks better than A New Frontier but doesn't live up to the original or the second season. Some of the plot points were a little ridiculous and I think the game should have ended about 15 minutes before it actually did. The action portions were also rather bad and got me killed a lot. Still it was good to see the conclusion of Clem's story that started all those years ago.

Full List
Post edited July 24, 2023 by muddysneakers
Halo 3, Jul 24 (Xbox Game Pass)-More of the same, about on par with 2. I continue to enjoy the sections where the AI drives me around. Usually I can relentlessly blast things with cannons or turrets and the AI driving is so chaotic and random, plus I never know where I'm supposed to go so I can play those sections like a rail shooter. I also continue to dislike fighting the Flood since they feel like bullet sponges and they jump around so much. Because of that the last two levels were a bit of a slog. I also didn't need an extended driving section like the first game trying to escape hordes of enemies while the installation explodes around me.

Full List
Another one in the books, this time Eschalon I, a turn-based CRPG. It was a fun game, not perfect, but had pretty good balance, a fun alchemy system, and flexibility in character progression. I created a fighter (not gonna lie, tried a mage first and early game was rough going) and I dabbled in divination magic for buffs and alchemy for healing, mana, equipment enchanting, and molotov cocktails! You have to crush something in a portcullis at least once in the game, it's fun! Add in that this game is always available for free on GOG and it's a winner, you definitely get more than you pay for!

My list to date in 2023:

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos
King's Bounty: The Legend
Ultima I
Eschalon I
beaten the final boss in vampire survivors.

did not unlock everything, every character. I still have 20 achievements left.

but with 1k eggs on sammy, making money to make other characters super strong to complete any challenges is... no more appeal.

38h. thats a lot lol! played way too much. too addictive.
Prey. Just the base game. I want to finish Mooncrash but I think I'll save it for another time since I'm all Preyed out at the moment. This was pretty good, definitely one of Arkane's better efforts overall. You're running around a very large space station, trying to figure out why it's been taken over by a bunch of weird, shape-shifting aliens. Along the way, you gather up weapons and level up various skills and even gain access to alien powers yourself. Except I didn't bother with the superpowers because I didn't want any of that alien filth inside my body. You'd think I'd possibly handicapped myself but by the end I was sufficiently powerful with just my weapons and stealth abilities that I was able to cruise to the ending relatively easily. So it allows for different playstyles and multiple solutions to problems. And the game does track how you've approached it and will give you a slightly different ending based on your actions.

The graphics are quite good, although the people look a bit funnier (and uglier) than the aliens, architecture, and furniture. Unlike most immersive sims, you actually aren't alone on the station and not in that way where there's some sort of contrivance that keeps you from ever getting face to face with the others. The game breaks from immersive sim game design principles in several other ways, such as giving you quest markers, or even giving you actual quests at all. They likely did that as much because the station is so huge that it just saves time to let you know where you need to go as much as current game industry priorities, although there was a point midway through where I was just going through my sidequests and "checking them off" as quickly as I could, not feeling much urgency on anything I was doing.

As good as the game is, it's probably a bit too long and open. I was more than ready for it to be over a few hours before I actually finished it. I played it on default, so maybe it flows better with adjustments to the difficulty. There are also some ideas that seem good in principle but don't really work in the game. One in particular is that the game occasionally sends this huge Nemesis-like creature called the Nightmare after you. It sounds like a cool idea, this monster that pursues you and you have to either kill it (depleting valuable resources) or run away and hide until it goes away, but it misfires because whenever I entered a new level, I would immediately know the Nightmare was there because it's the only creature that always knows you've entered a level and it charges you immediately, so the solution to its appearances was to simply turn around and click on the door I just entered, go into the previous level, because it can't follow you across loading screens, and then just sit and wait (i.e., play with my phone) for a couple of minutes until the "ESCAPE THE NIGHTMARE!!!!" time limit expired. Then just go back to what I'd planned to do to begin with. I never bothered even trying to fight the thing. I guess it cost me an achievement. Ah well.

I also didn't get much out of the story. Part of it is that the aliens are so inscrutable that it costs the game a tad in personality, and despite all the audio logs and e-mails I collected, I never found any of the sub-stories involving the crew very interesting. I would come across hundreds of individually identified bodies and they never really became more than names that would be checked off on the security terminals. And you're controlling a character with a name and a past and relationships with people with whom you're interacting on the station (well, you click on them and they say a few lines before repeating themselves), but the game also wants you to be a blank slate you're recreating yourself.

Although I prefer the classics in this style, I do appreciate that Arkane has been the only major studio that has really been trying to work in that tradition and creating games that are better than can be reasonably expected in the current industry.
andysheets1975: Prey. Just the base game. I want to finish Mooncrash but I think I'll save it for another time since I'm all Preyed out at the moment. This was pretty good, definitely one of Arkane's better efforts overall. You're running around a very large space station, trying to figure out why it's been taken over by a bunch of weird, shape-shifting aliens. Along the way, you gather up weapons and level up various skills and even gain access to alien powers yourself. Except I didn't bother with the superpowers because I didn't want any of that alien filth inside my body. You'd think I'd possibly handicapped myself but by the end I was sufficiently powerful with just my weapons and stealth abilities that I was able to cruise to the ending relatively easily. So it allows for different playstyles and multiple solutions to problems. And the game does track how you've approached it and will give you a slightly different ending based on your actions.

The graphics are quite good, although the people look a bit funnier (and uglier) than the aliens, architecture, and furniture. Unlike most immersive sims, you actually aren't alone on the station and not in that way where there's some sort of contrivance that keeps you from ever getting face to face with the others. The game breaks from immersive sim game design principles in several other ways, such as giving you quest markers, or even giving you actual quests at all. They likely did that as much because the station is so huge that it just saves time to let you know where you need to go as much as current game industry priorities, although there was a point midway through where I was just going through my sidequests and "checking them off" as quickly as I could, not feeling much urgency on anything I was doing.

As good as the game is, it's probably a bit too long and open. I was more than ready for it to be over a few hours before I actually finished it. I played it on default, so maybe it flows better with adjustments to the difficulty. There are also some ideas that seem good in principle but don't really work in the game. One in particular is that the game occasionally sends this huge Nemesis-like creature called the Nightmare after you. It sounds like a cool idea, this monster that pursues you and you have to either kill it (depleting valuable resources) or run away and hide until it goes away, but it misfires because whenever I entered a new level, I would immediately know the Nightmare was there because it's the only creature that always knows you've entered a level and it charges you immediately, so the solution to its appearances was to simply turn around and click on the door I just entered, go into the previous level, because it can't follow you across loading screens, and then just sit and wait (i.e., play with my phone) for a couple of minutes until the "ESCAPE THE NIGHTMARE!!!!" time limit expired. Then just go back to what I'd planned to do to begin with. I never bothered even trying to fight the thing. I guess it cost me an achievement. Ah well.

I also didn't get much out of the story. Part of it is that the aliens are so inscrutable that it costs the game a tad in personality, and despite all the audio logs and e-mails I collected, I never found any of the sub-stories involving the crew very interesting. I would come across hundreds of individually identified bodies and they never really became more than names that would be checked off on the security terminals. And you're controlling a character with a name and a past and relationships with people with whom you're interacting on the station (well, you click on them and they say a few lines before repeating themselves), but the game also wants you to be a blank slate you're recreating yourself.

Although I prefer the classics in this style, I do appreciate that Arkane has been the only major studio that has really been trying to work in that tradition and creating games that are better than can be reasonably expected in the current industry.
I too am playing through Prey 2017. While I really enjoy the game, it came get a little overbearing at times. Love the atmopshere, music, and story. But, really hate the escape from nightmare. And it has that same trope of several different abilities, which is pretty much cookie cutter at this point.

Another game I can't play more than just spurts is Ghosts of tsushima. Beautiful game, really good characters, and love the story. But has alot of modern tropes i hate. For one, bullet time type style for some of the kill scenes. Bullet time was cool, like 10-20 years ago. Not so much now. Also, alot of abilities that are pretty useless IMO. And so many cut scenes.
GOG Galaxy = LEGO Bricktales Demo

I haven't played many Games since Jan 2020
Forza Horizon 5: Rally Adventure

Funny how this expansion for Forza did more to satisfy my Rally gaming desires than Dirt 5. :P

Anyway, there's a new map and a few new cars. 24 Rally events that can also be run as normal races, and 4 boss battles, besides a number of the traditional side activities like Speed Radars and such.

It's pretty fun, doesn't take forever to plough through like the main game and it's rather well paced.

As for the main game, I'm still going through it at a snails pace, because the damn thing has no end and can, for the most part, be tackled in absolutely any order you like. The races and exhibitions are great, the "stories" not so much, and I hate when I enter the game and upon loading my save game, it forces me through some sort of bullshit new story DLC that just released.
Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery - available on GOG
https://www.gog.com/en/game/behind_the_frame_the_finest_scenery

There's two cats in this game: Ginger and Biscuit. Ginger is the cat with one orange ear and one white ear thus can be seen on the store page thus why I'm not including a screen shot this time. Biscuit is mostly orange with a white face.

The game is short but is the right length for this game. If it was any longer, it would feel like things are being dragged out just for the sake of increasing the play time. Once you complete the game and the credits roll, there's going to be an option on the title screen to play the Jack chapter. While some other site refers to this chapter as a DLC, it is not a separate download or installation for the GOG version. It's already included.

Vignettes

Not On GOG
Community Wishlist: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/vignettes

This is a puzzle games where you manipulate the position of objects to have them turn into other objects. I've played the game on iOS and PC such that I can say that the controls are a lot easier on PC with a mouse than they ever were using the iPhone touch controls. Anyway, there is a cat to be found:

https://imgur.com/7XH2SwU.jpg
Shadowrun Dragonfall (XSX Game Pass)

Whilst I enjoyed Shadowrun Returns, I felt it was more of a turn based tactical game with canned missions- though I really liked the world and its character-building systems as it encourages building and specializing with a definite role in mind.
Dragonfall is better all around, though if you did not like the combat and systems of the first game, you won't like this either- as it is pretty much the same.

What is different is that you have ongoing team members that have character and side stories instead of just hiring runners from a list of available personnel. The team cover all the bases you need, no matter how you decide to build your own character. I went the same as with the first game and built a standard gun fighter that specialized in assault rifles, pus the minimum points into spell casting (2 points) to get the base healing spell for emergencies. I made my usual story choices- a dead enemy is the only good enemy, never give any quarter and never let them go.

The story is better this time, I suspected who was behind it all along, as should anyone that played Returns. I mostly like the combat mechanics, it's pretty much the same as the modern XCOM games. The one thing I don't like is the way that the player has no real input in how encounters setup. You can surprise a group, and your team just stands there like idiots whilst a room of enemies run past them and take cover. There should be some type of first turn reaction fire when you catch enemies by surprise. But otherwise, it was a good game with a length (30-40 hours depending on how many side quests you do) that few games fall into- most games seem to be below 15 hours or over 60, rarely that spot in between.
Halo 3 ODST, Jul 27 (Xbox Game Pass)-The most interesting Halo game so far and my favorite of the series. The premise is good even if the execution is a little clunky. The only thing that drags it down is that its a Halo game and by this point I'm getting sick of the same guns and aliens. The vehicle levels are still generally pretty fun. The graphics were alternately way too dark or way too bright and started to hurt my eyes after a while. This game felt like it had some character as opposed to shoot all the aliens. And thank goodness no Flood here.

Full List
andysheets1975: Prey. Just the base game. I want to finish Mooncrash but I think I'll save it for another time since I'm all Preyed out at the moment.
Haha. I did the same thing. 13 months later and I have not yet to play mooncrash.

6 years ago the same thing I did with Deus Ex MD breach. sat on drive for 5 years untouched and deleted it during purge of old games.
Post edited July 28, 2023 by lukaszthegreat
Hollow Knight: a great game for the seasoned player.