It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Include me

Xbox One
Panzer Dragoon Orta

Xbox Series X
Bright Memory

Nintendo Switch
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet

PC
Astebreed
Rance 01: Quest for Hikari
Post edited March 07, 2021 by Random_Coffee
Include me, please.

(01/12/2020)
Star Ocean: First Departure R (PS4)
(01/20/2020)
Dragon Quest (Switch)
(01/21/2020)
Atelier Ryza (PS4)
(01/28/2020)
Call of Duty World at War Final Fronts (PS2)
(02/04/2020)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
(02/05/2020)
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (PC)
(02/06/2020)
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood (PC)
(02/07/2020)
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (PC)
(02/07/2020)
Medal of Honor: Vanguard (Wii)
(02/09/2020)
Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)
(02/11/2020)
Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360)
(02/13/2020)
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (Xbox One)
(02/16/2020)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Wii)
(02/25/2020)
Hard Reset (PC)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
(02/27/2020)
Blood, One Unit Whole (PC)
(02/28/2020)
Blood, Cryptic Passage
(02/29/2019)
Chex Quest (All 3 episodes)
(03/02/2020)
Dante's Inferno (Xbox 360)
(03/21/2020)
Langrisser I (PS4)
(03/26/2020)
Fire Emblem (GBA)
(03/28/2020)
Langrisser II (PS4)
(04/17/2020)
Dragon Quest II (Switch)
(04/21/2020)
Arc the Lad
(04/30/20)
Return to Popolocrois: A Story of Seasons Fairy Tale
(05/04/20)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4)
(05/05/2020)
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS) [Standard Ending]
(05/08/2020)
Sakura Wars (PS4)
(05/20/2020)
Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth
(08/02/2020)
Dead Space 2 (360)
(08/15/2020)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GCN)
(08/21/2020)
Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
(08/27/20)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360)
(08/29/20)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
(08/30/20)
Chibi Robo (GCN)
(09/03/20)
Ratchet and Clank (PS2)
(09/08/20)
Hexen: Beyond Heretic (Doomsday Engine)
(09/18/2020)
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
(10/22/20)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
(10/31/20)
Spyro The Dragon (PSOne)
(11/02/2020)
Pac Man World 2 (GameCube)
(11/06/20)
Kill Switch (PS2)
(11/07/20)
MediEvil (PSOne)
(11/12/20)
Spryro (2) Ripto's Revenge
(11/13/20)
Dusk (PC)
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS2)
(11/18/20)
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (PS2)
(11/22/20)
Epic Mickey (Wii)
(12/30/20)
Divine Divinity
(12/31/20)
Disney's Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion

(2019 List)
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2019/post166

Not going to count them retroactively but it appears that in October of 2018 I did actually play through Blitzkrieg - Rolling Thunder; as well as Shadow Warrior Wangton Destuction about April of that year.
I know I beat Singularity in 2017, probably in August, but could not find an entry in that thread about it.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by AnimalMother117
Haven't done this before, but include me. :)

Games finished:
GRIS (GOG verision)
Pokemon Shield
Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia
Miitopia
Primordia
Cat Quest
Life is Strange
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Eliza
The First Tree
Inside
Recettear
Yono and the Celestial Elephants
Steamworld Dig
My Brother Rabbit
Into The Breach

Games set aside or given up on:
Farm Together (Switch)
Guild Wars 2

Games played but not finished because they have no end:
Animal Crossing (Switch)
Stardew Valley (started new co-op farm with friend, really enjoy the multiplayer just as much as single player)

I think I actually finished one of my Picross games in this year too, but I didn't track very well and may have missed some others too. Hoping to keep track a lot better in 2021!)
Edit: Someone reminded me that I finished an FE game last year and console confirmed finished in 2020.
Post edited January 15, 2021 by ZiTheBookishGamer
Uncharted, Jan 2 (PS3)-I enjoyed this and it was a good game to start off the new year. But it did have some flaws and I hope it won't end up in my top 10 because it wasn't that good. I think the series does have a lot of opportunity for growth and polish so I look forward to future entries.

I liked how the game alternated between platforming and combat sequences but I felt neither gameplay type was really polished. I also would have liked more platforming/puzzles and a little less combat.

The combat itself was a little janky. I never quite got the hang of the cover/line of sight mechanic. I often felt like I shouldn't be able to shoot at enemies based on our positions and vice versa. And I always found myself running out of ammo in the big fights. One plus was that Elena was probably better at the game than me so that was a welcome change. especially when I ran out of ammo.

A couple more minor quibbles. I really didn't care for the jet ski level. And I also had issues with the final fight. For more than half of my attempts during the final fight I couldn't trigger the QTE. I'm not sure if it was a bug or I just suck.

Full List
Post edited January 02, 2020 by muddysneakers
ZiTheBookishGamer: Games set aside or given up on:
You're free to do it however you like, but there's also another thread, Games Quit in 2020, for talking about these kinds of games. :)
ZiTheBookishGamer: ...
Leroux: ...
My personal preference is to post in "Games Quit" thread, but also to keep the lists of completed and dropped games in here.
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Jan 3rd)
Jedi Fallen Order (Jan 12th)
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch Remake) (Jan 25th)
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (Jan 29th)

Travis Strikes Back: No More Heroes Complete Edition (Feb 6th)

Judgment (March 15th)
Curse of Monkey Island (March 18th)

Astral Chain (April 10th)

Divine Divinity (May 22nd)

Blood & Truth (June 5th)

Yakuza 3 (July 19th)
Superhot (July 31st)

Moss (August 6th)
Superhot VR (August 12th)

Ghost of Tsushima (September 25th)

Shenmue 3 (October 10th)

Darksiders Genesis (November 14th)
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (November 21st)
Streets of Rage 4 (November 26th)

Agent A (December 12th)
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (Dec 15th)
Infamous: Festival of Blood (Dec 15th)
Post edited December 16, 2020 by Dave_Scoffin
Megarace (1994) (Linux/DosBox)

One of many games I know from my childhood, but only from demos and press reviews. Also one of not-so-many racing video game in which story and FMV/cut-scenes are quite important part of the game. TV presenter, Lance Boyle, seems to be some kind of cult figure for old-school players :) I have to admit that he is so specific and the whole idea of the game is so cheesy that it creates unforgettable experience. I'm happy that the game is sold in 2-pack with Megarace 2, because I want more! :)

The game is quite demanding, but it's still beatable. The main problem for me was that it's possible to technically win the race, but still lost the game because one of opponents stayed alive. As the ammo is limited, eliminating all opponents within a few minutes of race may not be easy.

I played the game under Linux. I used unpacked game files with my own DosBox, using dosbox-config file taken from GOG installer. It's a bit shame that the game is not delivered with Linux installer.

List of all games completed in 2020.
Hidden Folks
Post edited February 16, 2020 by ofthenexus
TSIOQUE

I'm a bit torn on this one. The presentation is quite nice, good music and sound effects, interesting cartoon style, neat animations, and the story is alright as well, if nothing all too special. As an adventure game, it was a mixed bag. I had some fun with it, but also moments of frustration and slight tedium, due to getting stuck for unnecessary reasons.

The gameplay reminded me a bit of Lilly Looking Through or the Amanita games, in that you don't move around freely but just click on hotspots to interact with instead, which will trigger movement and animations, and there is no option to display hotspots, so you have to move the mouse cursor around the screen to see where they are. The game mixes the silent / no language approach of the aforementioned games with occasional texts and voiceovers, which felt a bit odd, neither here nor there. Most of the time though, you only get visual clues that - or why - something is not working, no textual explanation. The puzzles didn't always feel logical or intuitive, and sometimes you had to walk in and out of rooms in order for something to change (without any clues given either).

Worse though I thought were all the sequences where you had only a very limited time window to do something or fail and repeat. Sometimes I barely noticed these time windows because of how short they were and because they were opened in the midst of cutscenes. And it was tedious having to watch these cutscene parts over and over again because I was a fraction of a second too slow. And sometimes this adventure game featured actual QTE-like minigames. Also, after playing through it, I was surprised to learn that it's only available for GOG and Steam, and apparently not for mobile devices, because these sequences felt like they were obviously designed for touchscreens, not mouse controls - although admittedly I didn't even use a mouse; I thought this was a good game to play on my laptop with a touchpad, but at least with the touchpad all these timed sequences were really terrible. Thankfully, the one most resembling QTEs was skippable (but why even include it then?).

I had the ambition to complete the game without walkthrough but ultimately failed, and sadly, whenever I give in and look up a solution, my enjoyment of an adventure game takes a heavy blow; I get more and more impatient and frustrated with the game and myself and in the end just want to be done with it. Me having to skip that QTE section further increased my discontent. So I didn't really enjoy playing through it that much, although it had its moments at first. All in all it took me 4 hours to beat it (incl. getting stuck and speeding up things by using a walkthrough several times in the second half).
Post edited January 04, 2020 by Leroux
Just beat my first game in 2020: Yakuza Kiwami 2, the remake of Yakuza 2, on PS4. That makes the third Yakuza game I've beaten, the others being the prequel Yakuza 0 and the first Yakuza Kiwami. I think this one is thus far my least favourite game in the series.

Frankly I'm a bit tired of this series at this point. If you thought that Ubisoft are lazy jerks with their reuse of mechanics and content throughout various games, you certainly haven't seen the Yakuza series yet. I mean, I knew what I was getting into but I assumed that enough time had passed since I've last played a Yakuza game that things would feel rather fresh again - and yet, there's so little new stuff here compared to the other two Yakuza games I've played that I didn't enjoy it even remotely as much as those anymore. Don't get me wrong: I still enjoyed the game a lot but nowhere near as much as the previous two anymore and it's the first Yakuza game that I've finished where, after the credits had rolled, I didn't feel that I should keep going and do some of the remaining optional content.

It's not just the reuse of places, mechanics and other content, though. I think generally Kiwami 2 is the worst Yakuza game I've played yet. For one, there's the plot. It's again competently written and I still love the characters but to me it was the least engaging one. It somehow lacks both the scale and emotional engagement of the previous two. I read that this time they wanted to tell a mature love story that the first game lacked and yet I didn't care about this relationship even remotely as much as about the friendships and less developed romance in the previous games. The intrigue at the centre isn't bad but, well, it didn't quite intrigue me. It only got really interesting in the very end at which point there was a ridiculous amount of twists - not in a good sense. Also the "substories" (read: side quests) weren't as funny, crazy or original as in Yakuza 0 and even though I did most of them I often really didn't want to.

There's also some weird mechanical changes here, none of which made much sense to me. The character progression system has again changed, and not for the better in my opinion - now there's no skill tree anymore, it's just a list with most options available from the beginning, so it never quite feels like you're working towards something and there's also a more complicated XP system which sounds promising at first but, the way it is utilised, adds nothing to the gameplay. They also shed the combat styles which determined Kiryu's attacks and other behaviour during combat - first I thought "great, they shed an unnecessary system". Well no, not great. I thought they put the variety of the different syles into one combat style - instead it feels like they just removed two thirds of the combat system. As a result this is the most monotonous and also least challenging Yakuza game I've played yet. That sucks.

In terms of minigames and stuff: besides various activities like gambling (which I didn't get because it's weird complicated Japanese games), arcade games (which I enjoyed less than the arcade games in the previous titles) and stuff like golf and dart there's two major mini games with their own (rather humorous) plots here: managing a cabaret club and something called "clan creator". Both are fun but the former is an almost perfect copy of the club management in Yakuza 0. The second one is a simple but surprisingly fun RTS game. Both of these require a few hours to beat and I enjoyed them but somehow less than much of the stuff in the previous games - I actually didn't finish the RTS thing. Kiwami 2 still has a lot to offer in this department but to me it was disappointing compared to the previous two games.

Oh yeah, and one change is that Kiwami 2, unlike the other two games I mentioned, is based on the current gen engine of Yakuza 6 (0 and Kiwami used the tech of the PS3 generation games). The city does look much more beautiful than before, although I had to watch video of Yakuza 0 to really notice it. There's more pedestrians, more of the indoor locations blend seamlessly into the city levels and there's some more physics going on - Kiryu (the protagonist) moves a bit more naturally, there's finally ragdoll and environmental destructibility is a bit prettier. All of that comes at the cost of the FPS being capped at 30, though. I appreciate the improvements but they aren't that big and the result is something that still looks like a game which should easily run in 60 FPS on a PS4, at least on a PS4 Pro.

Now, I know, I've taken a huge dump on this game here but the truth is that I still enjoyed it a lot and will gladly keep going through the series. I'll probably wait a bit before moving on to Yakuza 3, though, and hope that that one has some more original content than Kiwami 2 did.
low rated
Entry 1: Chaser(PC, On Win10 64 Bit)

(Full List in Post 21)
============================================

A somewhat decent game(some parts moreso than others)with the standard/cliched "protag has/might have amnesia" plot, along with a seeming dash of nods/etc to Total Recall(Mars/rebellions on mars/etc....mostly talked about at first then explored more as time goes on).

Update: Now that i'm done, I can say without a doubt that it IS a poor man's total recall/red faction...the updated bits to each section are now added below along with my thoughts.

Pros

Nice action/combat, some nice(sometimes silly) cutscenes, some nice music, some nice levels here and there(especially between russia and the last few levels), a decent(if cliched) plot.

Cons

Not much interaction(past combat) beyond pushing some buttons and terminals, some levels have sparse "set pieces", some levels(inc. an underwater level or two) are a bit confusing to navigate(orientation and controls), some areas/halls are long and empty & lead to dead ends, some doors/panels/openings can trigger cutscenes/level ends with little to no warning.

Big cons: It seems to crash if one plays much too long in later levels, and the adrenaline mode(slowmo) and pause are bugged as you progress and sometimes don't work(the adrenaline mode coloring stays on screen sometimes, even when deactivated, and the game sometimes goes on even after being paused)

Also the god mode codes and noclip codes are BROKEN in Gog's version.

Nitpicks

You can tell they loved shiny surfaces/chome as they sprinkle it in many places akin to how technicolor(in the US and maybe other places) first used color in film/tv. The voice acting is a bit hammy for some characters(including the protagonist[english one]).

Also the ending is a bit meh.....i.e. the big bad just info dumps near the end like in some bond flick, but a bit less fun to watch.

Final Score: 6.5/10

A somewhat decent attempt at a total recall/red faction sort of game, with enough flaws vs. good stuff to recommend a play through to lovers of such games/media, but ONLY on a sale or if one has extra money to burn.
Post edited January 08, 2020 by GameRager
Pilot Brothers 2 (2014) (Linux/Wine)

These little games are perfect to complete between more important titles. I've finished the first one in the last day of 2019 with a significant help of my 2 small daughters, who cared about stolen elephant more than I did ;) Now we've finished a sequel, which is very similar (music, graphics, mechanics, even the case of missing animal). Once again, it took us 2-3 hours, but I guess the game could be completed in ~1 hour of normal gameplay. I liked the game for very classic point&click approach. I also liked how the game goes from one location to another without walking around between them; every location (max 2 of them) is a separate stage, which needs to be completed with items gathered and actions performed in this specific place.

The game works fine under Linux/Wine (I installed with Wine 5.00-RC3).

List of all games completed in 2020.
include me.

games finished in 2019

2020 list:

Morphopolis
Beyond: Two Souls
Detention
Doki Doki Literature Club
Devotion
Zeno Clash II
Alder's Blood Prologue
Catherine Classic
Control
Bulletstorm
Paratopic
The Haunted Island, a Frog Detective Game
Final Fantasy VII
Tyranny
Forgotton Anne
A Place For The Unwilling
Tension
Caligo
Hades
Final Fantasy VIII
The Room Three
Post edited July 30, 2020 by entroumi
Minit

A nice bite-sized, Zelda-like exploration and puzzle game with Metroidvania elements and a one-minute-limit gimmick (when the time is up, you restart at the last safehouse you visited, but you keep any item, coin or heart you managed to find within that minute - and during all the minutes before it). I managed to beat it almost without help (except for the weird credit card quest for which I had to look up hints on the net), and it took me about 3 hours, although at a completion rate of under 70%. I liked it, but most of the times, I didn't really see the added value in the minute gimmick. It's a fun challenge, occasionally, but I think I would have liked the game just as well or even more without it.

And even though I meant to 100% the game at first, I doubt I will actually follow through with it, because once you finish the main quest, the game is over and you start a "second run" / "new game plus" which, from what I've read, gives you even less time (40 sec) and only one heart that you can't upgrade anymore. In the first run, IIRC, I missed 2 items, 3 hearts and 11 coins; the second run remembers what you've found already, but since the 3 hearts won't be of any use to me anymore and neither the 11 coins needed to buy one of them, I don't think I would enjoy hunting for the missing collectables, just for completion's sake. I'd probably have to use a walkthrough, too, because I'd have no idea where to look, and the new difficulty, I believe, would just make that task more annoying still. So I guess I'm done with the game.
Post edited January 07, 2020 by Leroux