It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I had three Baldur's Gate campaigns close to finishing. Today, right after finishing a campaign yesterday, I finished another one, this time with a gnome illusionist-thief called Fannie Thumbwhistle. One more to follow in the coming weeks. full list
Post edited June 17, 2018 by DubConqueror
Injustice: Gods Among Us (XB1X)

A fighting game with a story line to follow in single player. Not a sensational story by any means, but it gives far more reason to play through a series of fights than the typical round robin tournaments that most fighters pass off as single player. It has cutscenes joining all the fights and everything.

I like the super hero theme. I also liked that I could actually pull off as many special moves as I could remember, unlike say...Street Fighter IV where no matter how much I practice I cannot make the D-Pad rotating special moves ever trigger.
It uses a good system where I soon found myself using timing and reactionary moves instead of just button mashing or cheap tactics. Well until the final fight anyway...after losing that fight twice, I discovered that I could win just by spamming the X button and keeping the opponent stun locked against the side of the play area.

It was pretty good fun. The only things I didn't like were the usual opponents with cheap ranged attacks- something that always annoys me in fighting games. And Wonder Woman....damn that is one butt ugly Wonder Woman- looks more like a 7' tall transvestite with HUUUUGE fake breasts. Maybe some of you are into that sort of thing...
Post edited June 18, 2018 by CMOT70
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition

Come get some. Damn, I love this game. It is one of my top 2 FPS and so while I am slowly chronologically going through my collection of unfinished (by me) FPS, after playing fairly decent but not great Redneck Rampage, I just had to take detour and jump few years back to go through this one again.
I don't regret it at all. I loved it again. It is just so well done. Those waepons, level desing, enemies... it's just pure joy. Well, The Queen map nor the boss itself are too good and there are few not-so-good weapons but those are basically all complaints I could come up with.
The level desing is just perfect. Not in many games you could find secrets that allow yo ueventually to blow up way from start to almost level ending, making you circumvenate most of the level. Also many levels can be at least partially "broken" by jetpack and it is awesome devs weren't afraid of that. Most other shooters would never allow something like that in a fear of breaking their "vision" but here you can deviate and it still works.
It is game where everything clicks together and it created the great visceral gameplay that is hard to mimic.

I played the Atomic Edition formerly sold on GOG and on its 4 episodes I spent some 13-15 hours I would say.

List with Duke and that other crap I played this year.
Just finished Leisure Suit Larry VGA. Started playing the modern remake but switched to the VGA version halfway through. Didn't like the modern game's animation or its more vulgar feel. The VGA version holds up IMO, very fun.
F4LL0UT: Finally finished Prince of Persia (2008) on PS3. I've always been a huge fan of the series and I was expecting that this almost cult-classic that received tons of great reviews but failed commercially might become my favourite in the series. Well, it did not.
Hey, you wrote here an extended version of my little review from yesterday:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_disappointed_you_the_most/post81

I read everything you wrote and I agree with it all, the game is one massive disappointment, and I can not understand the very positive reviews. It's like they never played Sands Of Time, which is on a much higher level, and the 2008 game removed so many elements from it, but did not add anything new. I bet the reviewers just finished one area and gave the score, and didn't realize then you need to repeat the same thing 3 more times, with nothing new happening.

Also I MUST warn you about the DLC, forget it exists, just forget it.
Post edited June 18, 2018 by antrad88
antrad88: Also I MUST warn you about the DLC, forget it exists, just forget it.
Too late, I'm already playing it. Hope I'm gonna get it over with soon. I have far more interesting games waiting in my backlog, lol.

However, so far I'm enjoying it a little bit more than the base game. At least there's no orb hunting, there's a tad more fighting and it's a bit more challenging. I'm very disappointed by the world, though. These greyish corridors are getting very old very quickly. And now I'm really curious how it's gonna end, lol.
antrad88: Also I MUST warn you about the DLC, forget it exists, just forget it.
F4LL0UT: Too late, I'm already playing it. Hope I'm gonna get it over with soon. I have far more interesting games waiting in my backlog, lol.

However, so far I'm enjoying it a little bit more than the base game. At least there's no orb hunting, there's a tad more fighting and it's a bit more challenging. I'm very disappointed by the world, though. These greyish corridors are getting very old very quickly. And now I'm really curious how it's gonna end, lol.
Well, I highly anticipate your reaction to the ending then, especially since you said you liked how the game initially ended.
Divinity Dragon Commander, Jun 18 (GOG)-I was hoping this would be a Fantasy: Total War type game and in a way it was or could have been if I could have figured out the combat. I spent a couple hours and attempts at the RTS combat on the first map and could not win even when I vastly outnumbered the enemy so instead I auto-resolved all battles. The diplomacy sections seemed like they were going to be interesting and impactful but they turned out to be just a minor adjustment to each faction's opinion of you and a strategy card. The strategy map portion was a little lacking as well as most of the time I just amassed a huge army and steam rolled each territory one after the other using mercenary cards as needed. The voice acting was great however, the dialog itself was a little over the top at times but the voice acting was top notch.

Speaking of Total War games does GOG offer something that can scratch that itch? RTS combat with overland strategy map type thing?

Full List
muddysneakers: Speaking of Total War games does GOG offer something that can scratch that itch?
King Arthur?
Mini Ghost

A very (nice + short + cheap) metroidvania with a "save in any cleared room" feature that keeps it from ever becoming frustrating.
muddysneakers: Speaking of Total War games does GOG offer something that can scratch that itch?
Cavalary: King Arthur?
+1 for King Arthur. Battles are not nearly as polished as Total War, but it's still a fun game with RPG elements and story.

edit: There's also King Arthur II, The Kings' Crusade and Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come (made by the same devs), but it's not on GoG for some reason. They're on Steam, and the sale is coming up in a few days!
Post edited June 19, 2018 by Sn0wGl0be
Cavalary: King Arthur?
Cool I'll check that one out. Thanks.
Attempted to play through the history of first-person shooters this year. Gave up in March after moving interstate. What I managed to finish so far:

Wolfenstein 3D
Doom
Doom II
Doom 64
Duke 3D
Blood
Quake
Unreal
Serious Sam TFE
Superhot (Skipped way head in the timeline here, but got it for free so tried it out)
antrad88: Well, I highly anticipate your reaction to the ending then, especially since you said you liked how the game initially ended.
Finished it. Well. Meh.

As I said, I think the format is better than in the base game, actually. No backtracking and shit, more regular fights (although the combat system is still crap - in my "review" I forgot to mention that atrociously slow movement during combat and how absurdly hard it is to get into attack range).

Alas, story-wise this was moronic. Not that the story is particularly bad, no, but the DLC did the opposite of what it should, lol. I have know idea what's wrong with all the people who complain that the PC version is is incomplete and you need the console-exclusive Epilogue DLC for the story to end properly. The DLC did the exact opposite, for frigg's sake. It replaced a great open ending with a shitty cliff hanger that leads nowhere and will never see a continuation. Looking at it now it seems like they were more confident that there would be a sequel when they made the DLC than when they made the base game. WTF.

What's funny, I never finished Forgotten Sands, the one which was heavily criticised but now I'm still pretty confident that it's a much better game than PoP 2008. As far as I've played that one it was actually pretty good.
Post edited June 19, 2018 by F4LL0UT
Just finished AC: Origins ... meh
Finishing up Shadow of War ... also very meh

It's been months since I have actually played a game that really sucked me in ... Sniper Elite 4 was the last "good" game I have played imo