It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Far Cry

Loved every second of it minus the lack of manual saves and the shit load of Boss Battles at the end, which is why I cheated a tad, by using the console to enter manual saves. I got tired of busting my ass making it through the last wave of monsters in that lava area only to get picked off by some asshole tech. :P After about the 10th time I started using manual saves.

I'm not proud of this but it's not like I used God Mode or Unlimited Ammo.
Cognition

Very good story. Puzzles would have been good, but... the game often doesn't let you do things before you did something else first. This really destroys the "trust" in the game. You can't know if you're on the wrong track altogether, or if you simply missed something (like a conversation, or even just looking at another item. It's a shame, it could have been a great adventure game, but I kept using a walkthrough because trying each and every item after some kind of story progress just to see if new options pop up is just not my kind of fun.
Finally! I managed to beat Cybermage: Darklight Awakening! Oh, after all those years! Thankfully, i went and found myself the guide and worked on it, for the past few days... Great fun! All those secrets, too!

Well, it certainly needs a gog release and a proper remake! Would instabuy!
Post edited May 14, 2018 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Finally! I managed to beat Cybermage: Darklight Awakening! Oh, after all those years! Thankfully, i went and found the guide and worked on it, through the game, for the past few days... Great fun! All those secrets, too!

Well, it needs a gog release, a proper remake and a gog digital collection, complete with manual, OST, guide, etc!
It's shocking this game isn't on GOG. I mean it's (still?) blacklisted in Germany, so I kind of assumed I just can't see it...
toxicTom: It's shocking this game isn't on GOG. I mean it's (still?) blacklisted in Germany, so I kind of assumed I just can't see it...
Man, this game rocks hard and parties wildly! It should be a classic! Pioneer in the hybrid shooters, with RPG elements and one of the first games ever, to drive vehicles in!

Superhero concept and comics graphics, cult atmosphere...

It is a shame we cannot get this here legally! It would make a killing, especially with old timers! Has to be the best MS-Dos game i have ever played!
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Man, this game rocks hard and parties wildly! It should be a classic! Pioneer in the hybrid shooters, with RPG elements and one of the first game ever, to drive vehicles in!

Superhero concept and comics graphics, cult atmosphere...

It is a shame we cannot get this here legally! It would make a killing, especially with old timers! Has to be the best MS-Dos game i have ever played!
I know, I have the box, complete with graphic novel and all.
toxicTom: I know, I have the box, complete with graphic novel and all.
I still have that comic book and even though short, it was iconic of that era's inspiration and creativity, around a game... Each box was special... Big and filled to the brim with goodies!

Remember to vote in the wishlist, if you haven't already, hoping it will do some justice to this masterpiece and all that...

Seriously, though, i love its graphics and effects! I still cannot fathom how poor, ancient MS-Dos, could produce such great environments! Ah, those were the times!
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Remember to vote in the wishlist, if you haven't already, hoping it will do some justice to this masterpiece and all that...
Did that, there are several entries though.
toxicTom: Did that, there are several entries though.
Thank you! Let's just not lose hope... Now onward to beat another game!
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Thank you! Let's just not lose hope... Now onward to beat another game!
Strife? Marathon?
tinyE: Far Cry
Wohoo! No need to kill all enemies everywhere. There are two places I never managed to kill everyone. Did you use a walk-through? If, hopefully only whenever you got stuck. I think one of the best parts is to find new means and ways to get the job done. Example: You can use hang gliders in many places on the island but you can also completly skip them, both work.
Yesterday

So you're an American in Paris with a local girlfriend embroiled in a plot that includes cults and the occult.. hmmm...
Where have I heard that before?
It's a pretty good one though with interesting plot twists and narrative structure from Pedulo Studios - You should know by know if you like this sort of thing and if you do you will probably like this - it IS pretty darn good!

Full List:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2018/post99
Fever_Discordia: So you're an American in Paris with a local girlfriend embroiled in a plot that includes cults and the occult.. hmmm...
I think my sword broke... care to fix it? ;-)
tinyE: Far Cry
Themken: Wohoo! No need to kill all enemies everywhere. There are two places I never managed to kill everyone. Did you use a walk-through? If, hopefully only whenever you got stuck. I think one of the best parts is to find new means and ways to get the job done. Example: You can use hang gliders in many places on the island but you can also completly skip them, both work.
I kept trying to kill everything in that last huge outdoor area loaded with the five or six HUGE dudes, but no matter what I hit them with, I never had enough missiles. Eventually I just made a run for it which turned out to be not so hard. I ran into the one building, turned on the elevator, ran back out, to the elevator, up, and across the bridge to that last small army of Mercs, which you of course have to kill.

Like I said, I used manual saves. One when I got the elevator on, one when I got to the bridge, and one when I got to the base of that last building.
Locoroco 2 HD (PS4)

An HD remake of the PSP game, it sees you star as an amorphous ball like creature who must defend his home planet from an evil race of creatures that attack with an evil song (Jazz is evil apparently) that pollutes the environment. There are only 3 buttons for gameplay, you move around by tilting the world left or right, you can also make your Loco jump and turn into several smaller locos. Health is gained by eating fruit, it starts at 1 at the beginning of each level and you can increase it up to 20. There are several minigames you can play as well, including a sticker album and a house that you can keep your allies in. Music plays a very big part in the game, it gets more detailed the higher your health is, and when partnered with the cutesy graphics and easy difficulty makes it a very suitable game for a child. However if you want to 100% the game, it is incredibly stressful and fiddly, you need to finish every level with the maximum health, which not only requires you to find all fruit in a level, but also take no damage either, there are no checkpoints either so you must restart the entire level. One complaint I have is that this is the first game I've ever played which doesn't have an online walkthrough, and after struggling to 100% the 2nd level, eventually settled with just completing the story. Overall it's a good game and I would recommend it.