It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished Never Alone and its DLC. I enjoyed it. It is a platformer with simple puzzles and cultural videos about people living in Alaska (quite interesting). The DLC has modified gameplay.

Full list here.
Super Mario Odyssey: I'd prefered 3d World because is more "classic" Mario, but cool game.

Oxenfree: My god... LOVED IT. Just, play it...
Crysis

Not a fan. XD WAAAAAY more frustrating then it was worth, though I did like the ending.

Seriously, I'm no doctor but typically when you shoot someone in the head three times with a high powered rifle, THEY GO DOWN! :P And what's worse, this makes the stealth aspect that game keeps pushing on you impossible, because if you have to hit a guy six times, after the first shot, he screams, the alarms go off, and your cover is blown.

Anyway, beautiful game, but I'll pass on Warhead. Think I need to go play FarCry or something, where baddies can't pick you off from 1000 yards and actually die when they take a shotgun to the chest.
Tender Loving Care (1998) (Linux/Wine)

Oh, this one was misunderstanding. As a thriller movie - quite interesting. Nothing special, but interesting enough to being curious about what is going on here and looking forward how it ends. But as a game - well, it's not even a game. I'm not sure but that quizes have close to no impact on the whole story.

I've also faced some technical problems. At some point one-slot auto-save was corrupted and I was forced to just watch the ending from youtube. Not a big loss as the game is actually a movie cut with some quasi-psychological questions.

List of all games completed in 2018.
Bravelands Wizards

The second installment of the series. More of the same, with different units. Nothing very difficult if you ever played a turn-based strategy game like HoM&M series. Graphics are simple but cute, but the combats lack of thrill and impact, to my opinion.

So far in 2018: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2018/post12
Lego Hobbit

One of the worst Lego game from Traveller's Tale we played. Very uninteresting characters (dozens similar dwarves you have no chance of remembering, some hobbits, few wizards and goblins/orcs and that's it) with very uneven number of skills. Something can be done by literally dozen character while other things only 1 can do.
The story follows the Hobbit movies but ends by movie 2. They intended to finish it by the means of DLC but the game didn't make enough money to actually make that continuation so it just ends.
Missions are quite short with some sudden exceptions that can take up to 40 minutes to finish. Going through story missions were quite fast. One of the fastest of all their games but post-end content took quite a lot time. More than I would like to as it gets tedious and some tasks are not exactly fun. At the and, getting 100% took us some 36 hours.

The game also is a bit bugged and they managed to make the camera even worse than before.
It also takes itself too serisouly by using scenes and voices from movies and there is not enough usual Lego sillines.

I would recommend almost any other Lego game over this.

My full list.
tinyE: And what's worse, this makes the stealth aspect that game keeps pushing on you impossible, because if you have to hit a guy six times, after the first shot, he screams, the alarms go off, and your cover is blown.
That's why you gotta do this. Don't remember if it works on nano-suited guys tho.
kalirion: That's why you gotta do this. Don't remember if it works on nano-suited guys tho.
That was awesome.

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom

JRPG.
It is good but I feel like it could be a lot better. Music could be less repetitive, kingdom management had more potential too, skirmishes could have been refined too, it would benefit from wider enemy palette and the story and writing is a just too naive and childish. And I say that as someone who enjoys Studio Ghibli movies and many kids TV series.
Still the game was fun. If it wasn't I wouldn't spend more than 100 hours with it and wouldn't complete everything there is to do.
Combat is too easy most of the time with exception of some optional stuff that can get surprisingly difficult, even unfair sometimes.

The game is gorgeous and all those things I mentioned are not bad, I enjoyed them but I am of the opinion, that if those things were made better and perhaps with older audience in mind it would be amazing game. This way it's just good.

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death

Spectacle fighter.
The more I played the less I liked it.
By the time I got glide ability I realized how limited and limiting it is and how it doesn't allow you anything it doesn't want you to do. It's corridors are very narrow and god forbid you try to cross some gap by other mean than it is designed to be used or to fly slighty aside.
Platforming overall was not fun and weird camera angles made it often hard to properly measure distances.
Fighting was passable but I did not enjoy it much and especially boss fights were very uninteresting and offered nothing special.
Story is better to be left unmentioned.
Graphics are obviously dateb by now but nothing that would bother me too much.

To sum it up, platforming was annoying and fights offered nothing interesting and there is a lot of games that do it better.
Also the credits mini game is one of the worst things I have ever played.

Another link to complete list.
Post edited May 11, 2018 by Vitek
Dark Souls 2 SotFS (XB1X)

For the worst game in the Souls and Bloodborne series, it's still an excellent game. It does have the advantage of being the smoothest running as well. Locked 60fps and none of the frame pacing issues that all the other games have.

It doesn't really follow on from the lore of Dark Souls, but I don't care about that, the game plays pretty much the same. It felt a bit easier overall, but that's neither good or bad. What counts is that it has the same feeling as playing all the other From Soft titles. Work your way through the areas carefully, scope things out, play smart and commit to combat on your own terms whenever possible. Play that way and the game doesn't feel hard. Get sloppy, impatient or just play lazy and you will get punished for it. That how difficulty in games should work- similar to the Hitman games as well.

It still has the best and most subtle character building of any action RPG series. Best atmosphere by far...the amount of times I'd find myself up against the screen peering into the gloom to try and see what's waiting for me...forgetting it's a game. No other series does it as well. So why do I rate it just slightly behind Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1? I think it's the level design and story. The game follows more of a central hub design with linear areas- and lacks the intricate level design, full of shortcuts, of the other games. In DS1 and Bloodborne finding and opening a shortcut, an hour from the last bonfire/lantern with a stack of souls to lose- the relief is almost a high the equal of knocking down a boss. DS2 lacks that part of the exploration side of things a bit.

Still highly recommended for fans of the series. Unlike the other games where I immediately played through NG+ back to back, this time I've stopped at just the one play through for now. I'd rather move onto DS3 soon whilst waiting for Bloodborne 2...rumoured to be announced at E3 this year, reason to get a PS5.

NiGHTS into dreams... (XB1X)

The SEGA Saturn Xbox 360 HD remake played on Xbox One. I'm on a bit of a retro SEGA roll at the moment after the Panzer Dragoon series. Reading about this game I realised that it was actually a recent XBL Gold subscriber bonus. So I had it on my hard drive.

It's...weird. I finished it, and I kind of don't really know what I did to get there. I spent most of time confused. It's meant to be in a dream world, but I'd say a more like a weed smoking trip. Everything from the colours and the music is really trippy man.

It's sort of like a platformer, but not really- you can't fall off anything. You just fly around collecting blue orb things to a time limit to move onto the next stage and get scored, then move to the boss at the end of the world. I started the game, and had no idea what I was doing. So I read the "how to play" section in the options menu and still really didn't know what I was doing. I beat the bosses and don't really know how I did it. But I finished the game, and at no time did I ever consider stopping. So I must have enjoyed it.
Word Wonders: The Tower of Babel

An interesting word combat game. I consider it completed because I beat the final boss (by taking advantage of a flaw in the AI, though I consider it "outsmarting an overpowered opponent.") However I don't see myself beating it in either of the "Challenge" modes without grinding for a ton of consumables first.

Edit: ended up 100%ing the game after all. Boss is a pushover in either challenge mode if you use the AI exploit....
Post edited May 13, 2018 by kalirion
I have finished today the first Torchlight with Alchemist on Normal difficulty. Fun and short game to play in between other games, or just to have some relax :) (third game in 2018)

The other two games, which I am playing at the moment are Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition on PS4 and Starcrawlers on PC. I should probably finish Pillars of Eternity. Never finished the first one, and backed both games...

List of all my finished games in 2018
Post edited May 12, 2018 by MMLN
MMLN: I have finished today the first Torchlight with Alchemist on Normal difficulty. Fun and short game to play in between other games, or just to have some relax :) (third game in 2018)
Any interest in #2? I LOVE it but it's a lot longer that the first one.
Post edited May 12, 2018 by tinyE
MMLN: I have finished today the first Torchlight with Alchemist on Normal difficulty. Fun and short game to play in between other games, or just to have some relax :) (third game in 2018)
tinyE: Any interest in #2? I LOVE it but it's a lot longer that the first one.
Oh yes, after finishing the first one, I am much interested in Torchlight 2 as well, but I still do not own it. I enjoyed the first one a lot, so I am sure the second one will be worthwhile as well :)
Post edited May 12, 2018 by MMLN
Venetica

Yep, just finished Venetica - solid hack n' slash RPG 'middle shelf' effort with a refreshing quasi-historical setting / female protagonist / 'deaths daughter' backstory - makes a change from the usual Tolkien / D&D tropes

I kinds felt that it started off with some interesting puzzles and adventurey elements but ran out of ideas and just threw a bunch of enemies at you towards the end - the sojourn to Africa for example

It's got a bad rep for being a bit buggy but I found it didn't crash a crazy amount, although the map was a bit wonky at times

All in all pretty good, yeah

Full List:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2018/post99
Post edited May 14, 2018 by Fever_Discordia
Deadly Premonition

Awesome! This is really the best of Twin Peaks in a game.
Too bad about its flaws: rotating minimap, zoomed in full map, too many loading screens. Especially in the beginning I used an online map and guide, because navigating through the town without was way too frustrating. I didn't do everything there was to be done in the epilogue because it takes too much time for too little reward (the story was essentially over).

One of the few games I discovered on GOG / and I hadn't heard about it before - probably because of it's console origins.