It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just completed Resident Evil 0 Remastered for the Xbox One. It was a pretty fun game although I had to use a walkthrough cheat sheet from time to time. The only trouble was how the camera angles change while using the analog stick to move and not being able to see enemies due to the camera angles.

I will probably go through the Albert Wesker mode in a couple of months from now.
Oh Sir...!! The Insult Simulator

It's good fun at first, but there isn't enough variety in insults, opponents, and scenarios and so it get's old very fast. The game could really use an editor to create own insults.

Unlocked everything after 3 hours and at this point I was already a little bored. Won't complain though, because the game is very cheap and so I would say I got enough entertainment for my money.

Complete list of finished games in 2016
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior’s Rise

After 4 years, decided to load my saved game and try beat the final boss which had made me quit in frustration. Even after watching the strategy for the fight on youtube, took me 2 hours to finally do it. On Easy. God damn this game is hard...
PaterAlf: Oh Sir...!! The Insult Simulator

It's good fun at first, but there isn't enough variety in insults, opponents, and scenarios and so it get's old very fast. The game could really use an editor to create own insults.

Unlocked everything after 3 hours and at this point I was already a little bored. Won't complain though, because the game is very cheap and so I would say I got enough entertainment for my money.

Complete list of finished games in 2016
Heh, there are some full priced games that barely last that long, and at $0.66 / hour at full release price it beats a whole lot of them :/
Still surprised it wasn't "too niche" though.
Decided to take things more easily and relax more so I've beaten more games over the last few months than probably in years.

Vietcong (PC, was actually my third playthrough, I think)
Papers Please (PC)
The House of the Dead (PC)
The House of the Dead 2 (PC)
The House of the Dead 3 (PS3)
The House of the Dead: Overkill (PS3)
XCOM: Enemy Within (PS3)
God of War II (PS3)
God of War III (PS3)
God of War: Ascension (PS3)
God of War (had actually already beaten this one but went for the Platinum trophy)
Dark Void (PS3)
Haze (PS3)

And I think I already mentioned my run through the entire Delta Force series up to Black Hawk Down a few months ago.

Not sure what I'm going to approach next. The good news is that after Haze almost any game should appear awesome. :P Considering to finally finish Lollipop Chainsaw but I'll probably go with Bodycount which, even though it's quite average, feels like a masterpiece compared to Haze.
Mass Effect

I finally played through Mass Effect some minutes ago. I enjoyed it - it's a great sci-fi game with interesting story and characters.
Looking forward to play Mass Effect 2 - in about a week when i have downloaded the whole 12 GB. :D
Super Time Force Ultra. This was okay. I have a couple of issues, one of which is more on me than the game, which is that it combines twitchy action platforming with puzzle platforming and I don't find the mix very appealing. It is an interesting and original concept for a game, though.

The other problem I have is that the game uses a blocky art style with a lot of light pastel colors and a lot of special animation effects. It actually looks better in motion than it does in screen shots, but it also can become very frustrating when a lot of stuff starts happening and you lose track of your guy because everything sort of blends together in a big cluster of sparks and explosions. Seems like a case of art direction overwhelming gameplay a bit.

I got the hang of the game after a while but I wouldn't say I beat it because I'm especially good at it. I got full completion on a few levels but for most of the game I was just bulling my through artlessly. If I liked the game more, I'd probably practice and try for full completion but I'm good with just clearing it on normal.
Earthworm Jim (PC)

What the hell was that pod race level!!! What sick b*****d made that thing!?! UGHHH...
Aaru's Awakening

Put the game on hold in April 2015 in the middle of the 3rd (of 4) chapters. Picked it up again and finished it. God damn this platformer gets hard - I have no clue how people do the hardcore and speed goals with these sadistic levels....

I did like the narrated story. Has one of those "creation myths" feels.
Just finished Bodycount which was actually a lot worse than I remembered it. And shockingly short with a plot that just goes nowhere. What really boggles me, though, is how a shooter that is all about gunplay (being a spiritual successor to Black and all) could possibly have such bad aiming. The amount of smoothing and acceleration and whatnot is just utterly ridiculous, making it almost unplayable at first and remaining awkward even after several hours. I just don't understand why so many developers insist on imposing smoothing and acceleration on players when unfiltered controls are basically perfect.
low rated
F4LL0UT: Just finished Bodycount which was actually a lot worse than I remembered it. And shockingly short with a plot that just goes nowhere.
maybe the game doesn't have a cool story but you do
Finished Armikrog. A good point'n click but still a disappointment given how much I invested in this kickstarter (the collector's box, that has yet to be shipped). There are a few odd puzzles and a few minor bugs/glitches. The story is quite average too.

Full list here.
ciomalau: maybe the game doesn't have a cool story but you do
You forgot to say "bro".

Oh yeah, and I just remembered, add Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelations and Assassin's Creed III to the mix. Still don't quite understand how I managed to sit through them. Then again, maybe the pneumonia had something to do with it.
Post edited December 18, 2016 by F4LL0UT
Return to Zork

I didn't look at the screenshots or read the description when I played this game, so I was suddenly surprised to see that it had graphics. Return to Zork is a FMV Point and Click adventure style game, and it has every thing you'd expect from a title like this: Incredibly difficult logic puzzle and a cast of, What the Store Page Calls, Hollywood Stars (I recognized the guy who plays Flash Gordon but that was about it), with some what's described as B-Movie Acting (My favourite part being when the description says 'The Orc runs away scared' and the actor simply shrugs his shoulders, turns and walks slowly away)

I did have to consult a walkthrough on a few occasions, but fewer than I thought I would for a game like this. Dying multiple times wasn't fun, on some occasions you have to die and restart just figure out what to do to not die. There are some annoying technical issues and it's nowhere near as good as any of the Lucasarts Games. All in all... It's a good game when you consider how old it is, but it hasn't aged as well as other point and clicks.
This is the Police

I have mixed feelings about the game, because there were some design choices I just couldn't agree with, so I guess it's easier if I just list all the pros and cons:

+ The story is interesting, and nails the noir feel
+ The gameplay is pretty fun (although it does get repetitive eventually and you slowly stop caring who you send)
+ Solving the detective's cases is a nice change of pace from the officers' calls
+ Some of the calls are pretty funny, as are the responses you can choose (like getting on all fours to catch an addict who's trying to crawl away, so that it's a fair race)
+ The music is excellent
+ The voice acting is great
= In the end, you're just gonna get f***ed no matter what you do, along with the whole city (presumably). Though I suppose it is quite bittersweet.
- The game forces you to play a corrupt cop; you need to help the mafia, turn a blind eye to certain vicious acts, and take part in some very shady business.
- The whole city seems to be absolutely bonkers, and the more power they have, the more bonkers they seem to be. The mayor is probably the most insane and vile man in the city, yet no-one seems to care or do something about it.
- If you don't listen to the City Hall's childish and sometimes outrageous requests (like firing all blacks, or using force to break up a lawful gay protest), you will start losing officer slots - if you don't have the men to answer all calls, the City Hall will get even more furious.
- You're on a timer, but sometimes, without warning, the timer can leap very far ahead due to an unforeseen event. When you finally get back on the reigns, you'll notice whoever was in charge in the meantime, has made a mess of everything (officers are exhausted, have become drunks, quit the force, etc.)
- Inconsistencies in the calls (sunbathers in the winter??), inconsistencies in "what are the mafia's interests" (for example, they got mad because I began to investigate a case where a man had stolen beer from a supermarket, then shot the cashier and a guard)
- The poker game is all kinds of broken (dumb and passive AI, doesn't include blinds, players can still raise if they made a bet and everyone called)

It was not the game I had hoped it would be, but I guess it was still pretty okay. I guess my main problem is that initially I wanted to stay good till the end of Boyd's retirement, but it became very clear very fast that that wasn't going to be an option. My interest also took a big hit, seeing how absurdly the citizens of the city behave, as it often reached comical levels, thus becoming almost implausible. One could also argue about the ending of the game... personally, at that point I had already stopped caring and simply wanted to be done with it. On the other hand, I do feel some satisfaction and at the same time sympathy for Boyd (he's a very well written character), but given the state the city is left in (and who's in charge now), I can't help but feel that I would have done a lot of things differently, if the game had let me.