It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NuffCatnip: Hope I could help. :)
Leroux: I am a fan, but I also like the customization aspect better than the stories (if they don't let you customize your characters, they could at least have given you the chance to customize how the boss looks, or import the appearance from SRIV), and I thought that Saints Row IV relied a bit too much on recycling activities for side missions, which this one seems to do as well. I don't mind shorter games in general, but this sounds like it's mostly more of the same and something to get when it's discounted under 10 EUR or so, thanks!
You can import your character, but sadly you dont see him pretty often; there are only a few cutscenes involving your character.
But thanks to a few mods you can bypass this problem.
Youll probably have a pretty good chance to grab this game over at Steam during the sale for under 10 €.
Youre welcome
i just finished alan wake.

It´s a really good game and i enjoyed a lot.

Remedy is a very good developer and this is proof of that, i never follow the development of alan wake since it was going to be an xbox exclusive didn´t care much. But now i really like it.

all the time i was playing i was thinking why rockstar had to make max payne 3, these people deserve to finish that story.

I like the story, the characters, the environments, the max payne actor cameos and also barry is the best haha.

I have in GOG american nightmare so i´m gonna rest for a while, turn off the flashlight, and then i will return to bright falls.

i was reading that deadly premonition is something like this but with terrible controls, is this true?
Alright, ran through Shadow Warrior (classic). Well, I did the last level today anyway. It was really, really good. I usually have trouble beating these kinds of games (older games) even if I like them a lot. This one was really fast and not too hard for me (I did reference a GameFAQs guide a few times). I liked pretty much all the weapons a lot, but one problem I had was that it's pretty easy to blow oneself up. The game looked pretty good as well, even though I acknowledge there were better looking games out at the time I thought that the game held up reasonably well all the same. One thing that felt good was the katana combat. No, it doesn't feel as good as the new Shadow Warrior but the immediacy of the hacking and slashing against lower level enemies is satisfying. I liked Shadow Warrior a hecka lot and it's now one of those games I'm gonna hold up as an older classic.
Leroux: How's Gat out of Hell, compared to Saints Row 2, Saints Row The Third and Saints Row IV? Is it a game in its own right or more like a big DLC? How long is it? Does it mostly consist of story missions or is it open world, too?
To chime in: I had a fun time playing it. There were some really hilarious moments like the sudden Disney style musical number or saving Vlad the Impaler from a very weird prison.
I also really liked playing with Gat and Kinzie for a change.
It is really short though, as NuffCatnip said there are no customization options and worst of all: NO MUSIC!
Which is a shame, you'd t hink they made 1 or 2 great radio stations that fit Hell. But nope, nothing.

I didn't feel ripped off paying the "full" price but maybe get it for a discount if you put more emphasis on customization then the story.
Blood 2: The Blood Group

Oh boy. As much as I loved the first Blood, this was just painful.

First impressions aren't too bad with the game beginning inside a train and fighting some men/women-in-black. Apparently, they are the equivalent cultists of modern times, but not as cool/menacing, as they are speaking in plain English, rather than that cool-sounding dialect from the first Blood. Still, that's just the beginning and I should meet something interesting down the road. Right? RIGHT?

Unfortunately, no. The more you progress into the game, the worse it becomes. All the gothic greatness of the original Blood has been reduced to glimpses here and there and the rest has been replaced by boring sewers, alleys, trains, and offices. Especially for the last, I would be lying if I said that I didn't get a deja vu from F.E.A.R. (a game made by Monolith); it sure doesn't help that one of the most common enemies in the game is reminiscent of F.E.A.R.'s replica soldiers. I'm also not a fan of the game repeating levels (sometimes more than once) with only very minimal differences.

But wait, there's more! How about fucking annoying enemies? Done! Now with 100% more sponge, extremely annoying tendency to constantly spout the same lines over and over again ("We're not gonna hurt you" my ass!), almost complete lack of reaction to shots, the ability for their projectiles to ignore collision detection at times and uncanny reflexes that makes you take the quicksave train back to the quickload station a zillion amount of times. Hey, that game is also made in the Lithtech engine, just like Shogo! Coincidence? I don't think so. To be kinda fair, though, the shotgun can make short work of most of those enemies, but there are only so many shells available before you are forced to use some of your other weapons (with some of them, like the Howitzer, being particularly terrible and others, like the Napalm Launcher, having been nerfed to hell and back. Also, the dynamites have been replaced with bombs. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!). Aside from enemies being sponges, something pretty irritating is that their total health is completely random. Sometimes, they might die from 5 bullets and other times, they might need 40 bullets; headshots might or might not count.

The game's rushed state is definitely to be blamed for some of the above problems, as well as the constant crashes that might occur when you quickload a bit too many times, dumb AI that just seems to be standing there, doing nothing at times, as well as strange glitches, like one of the enemies lunging on you and instead of damaging you, they just stick on top of you without damaging you and won't leave you alone till you jump, or that other strange glitch where reloading a game in a stage distorted the screen like you were drunk or something (it was pretty cool, though).

The Nightmare Levels expansion does try to shake things up a bit by bringing some of the flair from the 1st Blood back (like the Cultists with their dialect!) and having you play with other characters and a nice new weapon, but then they decide to goofen it up and it never ends up feeling like an expansion, but more like a filler. Sigh. They couldn't even put some memorable music in either the base game or the expansion. Man, what a downgrade! Still, as long as you try to pretend that it's not Blood, then you might have some fun with it.

Full List.
A Bird Story

Nice little story about A Boy and his Bird (no cannibalism in this one.) Not much of a game though, even less interaction than To the Moon.
Chronology

It's short but sweet, I enjoyed it. Also very easy (except for one somewhat obscure puzzle), but I liked that, too. Took me two hours to beat. Good voiceovers and music, great graphics and sounds, simple story, but nice enough. Other than that, I don't have a lot to say about it.
Post edited June 14, 2015 by Leroux
Salt & Beacon

Two super short but atmospheric little adventure games that take only about 5 minutes each. Made by Wormwood Studios, the creators of Primordia. It's amazing how they manage to create such an immersive mood instantaneously. If you like what you see, definitely get Primordia - if you haven't already.

Download Salt and Beacon for free:

http://www.wormwoodstudios.com/p/small-games.html

Full list
Post edited June 14, 2015 by awalterj
<span class="bold">Neverwinter Nights 2</span>

It has been a while since I last played a D&D videogame, and NWN2 was certainly a pleasant return to Faerun!
The Complete Pack can guarantee lots and lots of hours of entertainment with its four classic roleplaying campaigns (maybe too much for your own safety, actually), and it is probably one of the most thick of content titles you can find on GOG.

Despite being divided in four different parts (the original campaign, Mask of the Betrayer, Storms of Zehir and Mysteries of Westgate), the basic structure is always the same, so I can describe the entire gameplay aspect in one shot.
The game is a heavily combat-centered RPG, and being a game based on the 3.5 D&D rueset you already know what to expect in that department: at the beginning, you can create your character by choosing one among the many races (including Planetouched, Orcs and Yuan-ti), each one having its owns strengths and weaknesses, aptitudes and handicaps; then, you will have to choose one among the even more numerous classes -save the possibility to multiclass later, either with a “normal” class or a “prestige” one- and decide which abilities and features to take.
The possibilities are so many that you could literally create thousands of perfectly balanced characters, and a good part of the fun comes from there, as well.
Where the game really differs from its pen and paper father is in the real-time-with-pause nature of its combat; once again, the developers (Obsidian) decided to adopt the style first deployed by Baldur's Gate, without straying from a formula that has always proven to be successful.
Though definitely not immune to the usual consistent presence of trash mobs, each fight is very well balanced and cannot be faced without deploying at least a little bit of strategy, and in many “serious” battles you will have to carefully plan ahead your moves and meticulously organize both the position of your fighters and your magic books, using the right spells at the right time in the right situation.
There is only one problem, in my opinion: the game allows you to rest almost everywhere, reanimating your knocked out allies (there is no permanent death, except in Storms of Zehir) and fully restoring both your spells and your health, thus making your resources basically unlimited. In any case, this aspect is rebalanced by the increased might of your opponents; you will notice that unlike in the IE games, this time your party will tend to die a lot more quickly.

The game uses a modified version of Bioware's Aurora engine; while the graphic improvements over the first installment are enormous and immediately evident, allowing for much more detailed and complex landscapes and character models, all the problems of the engine have unfortunately not being addressed – the most annoying being the sporadic stuttering and framerate loss in certain areas regardless of the hardware's power, something I have experienced in every title built with Aurora, and particularly evident in The Witcher.
Despite this, it is undeniable that NWN2 still looks very good and plays even better; the few real complains I have with the technical aspect of the game is that after all those years many bugs have not been fixed, and they will probably never be. Most of them are just minor and rare errors, like your character teleporting directly where you pointed rather than walk there, the party staying still rather than following you until you give them the order -again, and the companions autonomously “changing their mind”, ignoring the orders you specifically issued to them to follow the general AI behavior you can set from the dedicated menu. General instructions should never override special ones, regardless of what we are talking about.
Unfortunately, aside from those minor problems I found two game-breaking bugs in the main campaign that prevented two story related events to trigger, leaving me stuck in an area with no possibility to leave; while it's true that forcing said events by using the console is very easy, that is not something you should leave in your game.

Now, let me get more specific on the plot and setting side of each campaign, the only real elements that set them apart:

-the original campaign does not really try to set itself apart from its predecessors, adopting all of their clichès, yet it has the strong point of being significantly better written than your average “Biowarian” game; if you liked games like Baldur's Gate you will surely love this one, too, as it will allow you embark on your epic journey in the lands around Neverwinter and Luskan to discover why you are being object of assault of extraplanar beings and their thralls, saving the population's collective bacon and building your own fame (and stronghold, too) in the process.
I especially liked the companions and their interaction, both with you and with each other, and be assured that the choices you will make during the main plot will make a huge difference for them, potentially leading to very pleasing or very nasty surprises; most of the choice and consequence systems revolves around them.
I must criticize the different treatment some of them received, though: while a few characters are awesomely written and develop their personality throughout the entire course of the game (like Neeshka and Khelgar), others shown a lot of promise during their early appearances but ended up being almost ignored after they made their part (like Casavir and Elanee).

-where the game really shines is in Mask of the Betrayer, the direct sequel of the original campaign.
I won't talk much about it to avoid any potential spoiler, but know that it probably presents one of the the best narrative departments in any RPG I have ever played, being second only to Planescape: Torment, revolving around very mature themes and allowing you a wide freedom of choice with dramatically different consequences.
The adventure takes place in Rashemen, a strange land of mysticism, superstitions, spirits, curses and forgotten gods, and it gives a whole new perspective to the concept of “antagonist”. Along with your unconventional companions (a Red Wizard of Thay, a Hagspawn dreamwalker, a Half-Celestial and a bear god or a wraith) you will have to discover what has really happened to you after your last battle, and try to put a stop to an horrifying curse that threatens to consume both your soul and those of everyone you come in contact with.
Many moments touch absolute brilliance, some of them being also quite distressing. Whoever thought about THAT wall... well...
My one and only complaint with MotB is the fact that, despite being a game heavily based on the narrative, while you can recruit four companions that can always add meaningful dialogues and actions in any situation you are forced to bring only three with you at each given time, losing a lot of unique interactions.
My suggestion is to mod the game to allow all of them to follow you at the same time, after having increased the difficulty level accordingly.

-Storms of Zehir, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired plot-wise, concentrating instead on the gameplay side by expanding the trade system and allowing you to freely move around the map, taking advantage of some of your characters' abilities.
While it does feel indeed much more dull -especially after MotB- the mechanics should be praised as a good update over NWN2 standards.

-Mysteries of Westgate is a small additional module developed by Ossian.
The setting -the same city mentioned in the title- is interesting for its unconventionality, yet the plot is so thick of characters and faction trying to mess with each other to make the plot quite hard to follow, especially near the ending. Also, the writing is quite cheesy (with lines like “Wait till you see how deep into the backside of evil I insert my boot in the name of justice"!) and the amount of voice acting minimal, presenting dalougue scenes where the characters talk one time each three lines and stare you in silence during the others.
Also, the lack of a mage companion could be troubling at higher difficulties, if you are not one yourself.

All in all, NWN2 is a very enjoyable game; my recommendation is to play at least both the good main campaign and the absolutely awesome expansion Mask of the Betrayer – if you like RPGs, missing them would be a crime!
Enebias: All in all, NWN2 is a very enjoyable game; my recommendation is to play at least both the good main campaign and the absolutely awesome expansion Mask of the Betrayer – if you like RPGs, missing them would be a crime!
How strong are the single campaigns connected to each other and how long are they in comparison to each other?

I've played half of the main campaign back in the days but had to stop (and might have lost my savegames), so now I'm wondering whether to start with the main campaign again, to do things by the book, or to skip directly to Mask of the Betrayer, rather than getting burned out on the main campaign again, because it seems to be the most interesting campaign, or to start with Mysteries of Westgate, which I supect might be a little shorter and less epic, so it could work for getting a feel for the game again without biting off more than I can chew right now.

Would you advise against playing MotB without playing the main campaign? How long do you think it took you to beat MoW?
Post edited June 14, 2015 by Leroux
Games off the top of my head I remember finished this year

Assassins Creed 3 (after starting not long after release and giving up got around to finishing it)
Assassins Creed 4 (after 3 I was in the mood for more and flew through it)
Pillars of Eternity - my first ever EI style game and loved it even though the story was a bit wishy washy
Dragon Age 1 and 2 (finished 1 on Xbox years ago but replayed it again on PC)
Kingdoms of Amular: was ok, got a bit long and grindy but 3rd try is a charm
Dishonored - again
Lego Marvel
R.U.S.E

and about 60 started but either gave up or started something else.
Finished To The Moon. Not bad, but awfully short, completed in 3.5 hours. Not as much of a tear jerker as I thought it was hyped to be, and not nearly as much as Valiant Hearts was. But not a bad story at all.

Games Finished in 2015
Post edited June 14, 2015 by IShoot4lolz
Finished Shovel Knight.

A really nice and fun little game. I realised once again that I suck at boss fights, but with some patience and pratice I managed and it was really fun.
Leroux: How strong are the single campaigns connected to each other and how long are they in comparison to each other?
Mask of the Betrayer starts basically where original campaign ends and while you can create new character that will be leveled up, it makes more sense to continue it from OC. So it makes more sense to only play it after OC.
Storm of Zehir and Mysteries of Westgate are separate stories and can be play solo, easily before the OC. Although I would say Zehir is more difficult to play as first so it could be not optimal to start with it.
I think Westgate took me about 10-15 hours but it is some time since it happened and I am quite slow in RPG. Enebias should be able to answer this better.

Maybe if you want something more familiar to get into game and you played Baldurs Gate you could try Baldur's Gate Reloaded mod. It is whole BG remade as NWN2 mod. You wold be that way familiar with story and characters and could focus on mechanics more perhaps?
Leroux: Would you advise against playing MotB without playing the main campaign? How long do you think it took you to beat MoW?
I couldn't say with precision, but I think it would be safe to assume that to reach the end of the main campaign while completing almost everything there is to see you will need around 40 hours. I might have been a bit faster than the average because I am quite familiar with the 3.5 ruleset, so I didn't have to think much about character development and which spells to choose for my Wizard/Arcane Scholar of Candlekeep.

Mask of the Betrayer can be played and enjoyed even if you didn't complete the main game, yet I believe that you will lose a bit of the immersion in doing so. If you don't want to replay the entire campaign, I would suggest to either rush trough it in easy mode or at least read about it somewhere.
The plot takes for granted what happened in the previous episode, without ever explaining what a certain (extremely important) artifact someone stole from you is and showing several relevant dialogue lines regarding your former antagonists, allies and struggles that don't make much sense without context.
I could be more specific, but I'm afraid I would step into spoiler territory! ;)
Also, even if the game emphasize the story, there is still plenty of combat; beginning with a powerful character with a good gear is recommended, as in the beginning I have been often unmercifully thrashed by enemies. It could have something to do with my team being composed by two mages assaulted by blood thirsty Gnolls on steroids supported by a high level Red Wizard, though.
I'd say you would need around half the time to complete the expansion, let's say 20 hours.

Mysteries of Westgate is significantly shorter than the others, I'd say around 10 hours long.
Post edited June 14, 2015 by Enebias