It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for the tips on the Ys series everyone. I own 1&2, so do want to play them. If I'm not geting along with them, I'll know greener pastures lie further along in the series.
Just before midnight beat Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It was... okay. I though that the level design was meh, the gameplay lacked direction, gunplay was weak, exploration was bad, controls were flimsy, and that the game felt like a shooter with other elements rather than an action adventure. Drake controlled loosely which was fine at first kinda but at more points than I could count I died because I got close to an edge and Drake kept going or the jump didn't take effect. The platforming felt really bad and outta place a lot of the time and was completely devoid of continuity. For instance, sometimes Drake can reach a ledge that is about eight feet away and other times he can't reach one five and then he's back to leaping ten feet between hanging ledges. This inconsistency made me think that, "Okay, that means that this jump is safe, right?" And the fact that the controls were touchy meant that sometimes the oddly impossible ledge actually was the right one or worse I was wasting my time on a ledge that looked totally possible. Another problem was that guns were constantly being swapped out. This wasn't so bad and was probably intentional, but I had a hard time buying that Drake's only going to carry three mags at any given time for the different guns. Oh, and MP 40s carry 32 rounds not 35, M4 mags may carry 32 since they could have been custom civilian magazines I suppose but MP 40 mags would have carried 32.

Overall, it was okay. I found I had no fun in the exploration/platforming areas, had some fun in the shooting areas (when they weren't just plain frustrating and poorly done, and that the game looks alright. I thought it looked great when I was younger and even thought that it was one of the best looking games of its year, but now games like Assassin's Creed and Resistance look better to me (AC mostly because it doesn't show off how less than stellar the character models have aged).
AnimalMother117:
Thank god for the coming rerelease eh? :P
Post edited June 07, 2015 by omega64
Just finished Gone Home and to be honest ended up be Gone asleep. Done once never again.
aluinie: Just finished Gone Home and to be honest ended up be Gone asleep. Done once never again.
Do you have more elaborate thoughts?
aluinie: Just finished Gone Home and to be honest ended up be Gone asleep. Done once never again.
omega64: Do you have more elaborate thoughts?
Hi

Although i did start the game with high hopes i read everything touched everything and the initial atmosphere was good being in an empty house with no idea what happened i was hoping for a more horror based story. Although i did not mind the story it just felt slow paced and that after a while the interaction of all the items wore off for me. The ending just felt like a big stop at the end and did not feel like a good reward for the time spent.

Like i said i did enjoy the initial atmosphere, the graphics where good and the place was big i just felt the story could have been more.
Finished Papers, Please and got two endings (the first one being in the case where I don't have enough money at the end of the day). Nice original game but a bit repetitive and I don't want to play too much to have more endings.

Full list here.
omega64: Do you have more elaborate thoughts?
aluinie: Hi

Although i did start the game with high hopes i read everything touched everything and the initial atmosphere was good being in an empty house with no idea what happened i was hoping for a more horror based story. Although i did not mind the story it just felt slow paced and that after a while the interaction of all the items wore off for me. The ending just felt like a big stop at the end and did not feel like a good reward for the time spent.

Like i said i did enjoy the initial atmosphere, the graphics where good and the place was big i just felt the story could have been more.
It's nice to know I wasn't the only one who felt that way. ;)
Duke Nukem 2. Looks and sounds nicer than the first game, seeing how it goes from EGA to VGA graphics, but I think I prefer the first game overall. I think it just played a little more smoothly, although not by much. Really both games are pretty tight, so it makes sense that they're sold together.
budejovice: Thanks for the tips on the Ys series everyone. I own 1&2, so do want to play them. If I'm not geting along with them, I'll know greener pastures lie further along in the series.
Ys I is only about 6 hours long so it shouldn't take up too much of your time anyway...
http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=11458
Lucid.

Match 3 spin-off that works a bit differently. The levels all start out static (the same starting point every time). There is no way to choose a level once beating it, and they put the "delete saves" button right below the "play" button on the interface. With only 3 resolutions to choose from, this is a no-frills, game with lots of design newbishness. At 55 levels, you can "complete" the game in a couple of hours and put it behind you. Very, very little replay value. Would not recommend unless you already have it from a bundle. Then it makes a decent time waster on a very temporary basis only.
mario Land 2 on Gameboy (9th June 8:30am)

Best mario game ever. the space and end levels are a pain
The Unfinished Swan on PS Vita

Nice, albeit short, little game based on colours and throwing bombs of paint to reveal the environment. I Felt a little bit lost at first, when all you see is a white scfreen, until I understood I had to find my way by revealing parts of the surroundings with my ink bombs. Very artsy atmosphere, but in the good meaning of that word ;)

But I won't bother to look for every hidden balloon or storybook page.

It was a nice break in my Witcher 3 run, now back to Novigrad!

So far in 2015: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post2
Just beat Shadow Warrior 2013, awesome game. The guns were fun, but the sword was excellent. The story was interesting enough, the humor was really good. I thought the graphics were really good too. I loved the dismemberment, I took every chance I could bot cut up every enemy, every statue, anything that could be cut really. The voice acting was quite good with a brilliant performance by Jason Liebrecht. However, if I had to complain about the acting, I would say that I found the mispronunciation of Asian words was a little annoying. Overall I felt the game was excellent.
hi