It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm back on a SNES streak. Pecking away at my list of shame.

In the past few days I beat

Super Mario World
Assault suit Valken aka Cybernator
Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2. Working on 3

Still playing FF 4.

I have to clear the console catalog before I tackle my GOG shelf.
Post edited March 14, 2015 by ScotchMonkey
Escape Rosecliff Island.

Straight up HOG with nothing else included. Items never move and the "maps" are frequently repeated. Mediocre time killer with zero replay value.
I finished Real Myst and Riven finally, and working on Binding of Isaac Rebirth!
Games Finished in 2013
Games Finished in 2014

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (Season Three)
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Beyond Good & Evil
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Spec Ops: The Line
Mass Effect Trilogy + all DLC [First time on PC]
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Bastion [First time on PC]
The Walking Dead: Season One + 400 Days DLC
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
Papers, Please [Most days: 4]
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Hard Reset + Exile DLC
Journey of a Roach
Fallout 3 GOTY
Star Wars Starfighter [First time on PC]
The Walking Dead: Season Two
Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Metro 2033 Redux
Tomb Raider: Legend [First time on PC]
Grim Fandango Remastered
Never Alone + Foxtales DLC
Tomb Raider: Anniversary [First time on PC]
The Stanley Parable
Post edited January 02, 2017 by FadeToGrey
Only finished Batman: Arkham Origins and Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (looks like at pattern ^^)
because i was playing Europa Universalis IV a lot recently.

Now i'm looking forward to get into my insomnia buys and gifts.
Post edited March 12, 2015 by ElTerprise
Hotline Miami 2:Wrong Number

Hotline Miami 2:Wrong Number is a bit of a mixed bag.Compared to the first game the story is more fleshed out,the visual aesthetic is pretty much perfected and the soundtrack is perhaps even more amazing.On the down side changes to the gameplay are mostly negative.The new mask abilities are about the only possitive thing that comes to mind.Almost every level was made into sprawling breeding grounds for countless enemies-your 'look forward' ability gets almost useless at times when you can barely see 1/3rd of the level.Most of the enemies carry firearms now as well so trying to beat the level quickly with only your fists-something you could do in almost every HM1 level will only get you dire consequences here.The game also constantly changes your protagonist most of whom have unique abilities or can only use very limited amount of masks.Add that to the new level design and what you get is a game that forces you into a single playstyle most of time(as opposed to HM1 which encouraged playstyle variety).As of this momement there is also a decent amount of bugs(most notably AI constantly getting stuck in doors).Hopefully the forthcoming level editor will allow for HM1 style of gameplay to come back.
Mr.Caine: Hotline Miami 2:Wrong Number

Hotline Miami 2:Wrong Number is a bit of a mixed bag.Compared to the first game the story is more fleshed out,the visual aesthetic is pretty much perfected and the soundtrack is perhaps even more amazing.On the down side changes to the gameplay are mostly negative.The new mask abilities are about the only possitive thing that comes to mind.Almost every level was made into sprawling breeding grounds for countless enemies-your 'look forward' ability gets almost useless at times when you can barely see 1/3rd of the level.Most of the enemies carry firearms now as well so trying to beat the level quickly with only your fists-something you could do in almost every HM1 level will only get you dire consequences here.The game also constantly changes your protagonist most of whom have unique abilities or can only use very limited amount of masks.Add that to the new level design and what you get is a game that forces you into a single playstyle most of time(as opposed to HM1 which encouraged playstyle variety).As of this momement there is also a decent amount of bugs(most notably AI constantly getting stuck in doors).Hopefully the forthcoming level editor will allow for HM1 style of gameplay to come back.
Oh dear. I wished they had made the level editor / custom levels available for the first game of the series, it would have everything I want then. Less variety of possible gameplay methods sounds bad, I really liked the freedom to handle each level in several ways and have done so with pleasure.
Just finished Need for Speed 4: Road Challenge (career mode) after a long brake from the game, 14 years ago I lost my progress along with Unreal saves after a Windows format. All in all nothing too exciting, after finishing the last event on the first place you get the hidden car and unlock the extra 8 races long Tournament of Champions, beating it earns you the biggest medal in the Trophy Room and that's it, no credits or anything else.

Full list.
Post edited March 12, 2015 by uxtull
Mr.Caine: Hotline Miami 2:Wrong Number

Klumpen0815: Oh dear. I wished they had made the level editor / custom levels available for the first game of the series, it would have everything I want then. Less variety of possible gameplay methods sounds bad, I really liked the freedom to handle each level in several ways and have done so with pleasure.
Hotline Miami has a pretty passionate community.I won't be surprised if someone remakes HM2 campaign in the editor only with smaller levels,lesser amount of enemies carrying firearms and free ability to select masks.
Splatter.

Not bad if compared to non-professional games. Its a blatant rip-off of Max Payne (in terms of delivery). But, the combat is a top-down zombie shooter without bullet time. They could have at least not named the character... you know... MAX!

Its a fairly decent game, although, I can't be trusted here as I'm not a big top-down shooter fan, so I'm not sure if this has what the fanatics enjoy. But it was enjoyable enough to finish. (Took about 5 hours including exploration on my first play through). So its short, sort of fun, very few bugs. But, its very amateur in story, most of the voices, translation, and length of game.

Its easy to recommend as a bundle item, but not for the $9.99 standard rate.

As the game has a very tiny fan base, its also lacking guides in most languages, hints, tips, etc. A google search will pull up Splatterhouse (not the same game).
I finished F.E.A.R. and both expansions, Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate campaigns (but not the bonus missions in the expansion.)

At first it took a little bit of effort getting used to the gameplay action, until I realized it was very much like a First Person Shooter with Third Person Shooter action, and the action is very good. I remapped the keyboard keys, switching Aim and Melee to Aim = Right Mouse, and Melee = Left Shift (which felt better than the other way around), and I mapped the K key to switch through the grenades.

All the weapons were effective, you can lean around corners and shoot without hitting hidden walls, the AI soldiers using their communicators gave an added dimension to combat, and using melee was rewarding with sliding and flying kicks.

The enemy AI was a challenge, helped by the level design to flank and even hide waiting to ambush you as you came around corners. There was a variety of enemies, mostly the Replica (clone) soldiers and a few of their heavy units which posed the greatest threat, like mini bosses.. and then there were those other “things” to contend with.

It seems to me to be light on the Horror genre, although there is a quite a bit of gore. It does have a chilling atmosphere, lighting and music to compliment corridors and dark spaces, and there are some genuinely creepy moments, yet it wasn’t scary. I think you are supposed to have empathy for Alma, very much like that for Frankenstein’s monster, and I did almost from the start.

The story is thin but good, and enough to help guide you through the missions, especially through the main game. There is a little bit of exploration, and it is required to find those health and power upgrades, plus you might find armor and heavy weapons, and there were a few alternate routes through levels you could find too.

Extraction Point felt like it was just a combat intensive addon, with some story thrown in, but the combat and level design for firefights is good, and a new heavy unit, weapons and portable turrets were introduced. Perseus Mandate has a better storyline to help get through the missions, and added a new type of soldier to fight against.

All in all I would recommend it as a game to be added on your GoG shelf (when your budget will allow it).
Post edited March 12, 2015 by GhostwriterDoF
Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition

I played the Linux port from GoG which did not support my gamepad for some reason (XBox pad only for a retro game?) but played it via QJoypad.
This was the first time I played this game so there is no nostalgia involved. Although I often stumble upon very old games that were new to me but great nonetheless, this was not one of such games. The gameplay is very flawed and consists of "leap of faiths" most of the time. If you are just walking you die, then you repeat the whole area again, do something different, go a few steps more and die... rinse and repeat until you know exactly what you have to do every second in the game in order to not have to play the area again.
This whole game forces you to either use a walkthrough or create your own walkthrough by dying over and over again.
I had no fun and was glad that is was so short. I prefer Prince of Persia 1 and Blackthorne by far.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited March 13, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Dying Light

I was actually very pleased with that game. I'm not big on zombies games (except Walking dead and Left for Dead 2), but finally, this one is not so much a zombie game than a parkour game with zombies elements. There were many things I liked, with a few quirks.

Liked :
- the night/day cycle and all the mechanisms attached. Very good idea, runs at night can be terrifying but they are at the same time so rewarding that you can't resist doing at least some.
- the skill tree : not bad, not bad at all, you can really develop the way you want to play. Of course, if you unlock all, you'll become an unstoppable killing machine, never exhausted, but that was certainly the price to pay.
- the story : yes it's cliche, but at least it's quite well told and you finally care about the characters. That's all i really ask a video game, to be honest
- the maniability : you start clumsy and within a couple of minutes, it's exhilarating to find new ways to use the environnement to move around. Yes, parkour at its finest, Mirror's Edge-level (and that's really a praise!)
- the collectibles : nice touch for the completionists (which I am not)

Disliked :
- the final fight. Come on, it must have been the worst designed boss battle I've ever had to play in a veeeeery long time. The game is about freedom to move, and suddenly, you're just a button pusher. Bad, bad, bad.
- some game design choices, like for example when suddenly you can't use the grapple anymore because it would make that portion of the game too easy. That's a cheap way to deal with the scenario...

But I have had a very good time playing it. I haven't finished all the sidequest, so I will certainly go back at it, preferably in online co-op with a friend.

So far in 2015: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post2
Paranormal State: Poison Springs

Hog with some adventure elements. Very easy in terms of both categories. Props to visuals and voicing for this type of game, but it was very short and simple. Story was also standard fare. Recommend as a bundle purchase for HOG fans. Nothing to wow you, but a stable solid game of that genre if you can forgive the above mentioned.
They Breathe.

This game represents one of my biggest pet peeves with the current status of gaming. Just because its an indie game doesn't mean its worth paying money for. Once you start accepting cash for your product, be prepared to be compared against other games across the board that sell content.

That said, this "game" is, at best, a tech demo. And even by tech demo standards its far too short and simple. EVERYTHING the game has to offer can be enjoyed from the screen shots of the game page. Clicking the buy button doesn't offer anything else.

If you manage to get it in a bundle, you will most likely spend about 20 minutes before removing the game from your hard drive (and that includes beating the "game").

I can only imagine the "very positive" reviews are from extended family of the devs. Nothing against those that like it, but I'm seriously guessing all of them got in a bundle as I did and didn't consider the game on its own merits. On its own, its shameful that it has a dollar amount associated with it in a store. As a freebie, all I can say is that the art and audio are interesting. I still wouldn't spend more than 20 minutes on it before moving on to something much more fun.