It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

include me

1954 Alcatraz
Blackwell Convergence
Blackwell Legacy
Blackwell Unbound
Blood Rayne
Blood Rayne 2
Botanicula
Deponia
Downfall
Freedom Planet
The Cat Lady
Post edited December 03, 2015 by woosk
CMOT70: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
So I didn't enjoy it much. At least it's been part of both PSN Plus and Xbox Live Gold so it's not expensive. But i'm interested to really know, from MGS fans, if this game is a good representation of MGS overall.
bad_fur_day1: I havn't got around to it yet but judging from what I've seen I'd say yes, only shorter.
Okay, thanks. I also did some research and the other MGS game i tried way back was the original PC port of Metal Gear Solid. I've heard that the PC port was not very good for that one, so maybe it's not surprising i couldn't get it into it way back. My problem is that i have trouble becoming engaged with any game series that has ongoing story at any point other than the start, just never seems to work for me. I always try to play the older games first.
Postal 2 (GOG, base game):
Very enjoyable open-world FPS which doesn’t take itself seriously: fun, silly, and short. Very highly recommended if you enjoy funny games.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (I played the Steam version, but it’s also available on GOG):
First time playing this game for me, and I had a blast. I have only a few minor complaints:
(1) NPCs: I found all the NPCs annoying, and I avoided using them in my party whenever possible.
(2) Combat: I played “normal” difficulty, which was actually very easy for 99% of the battles (even playing solo). If I played again, I would go with “hard” difficulty for sure.
(3) What’s with the space combat when travelling between planets sometimes, it really felt out of place.
But overall a highly enjoyable game, I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys RPGs.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4):
The GTA series is probably my all-time favourite franchise (although I have never played IV), and this game is very worthy addition. It’s a ton-o-fun, never a dull moment ((ETA: Except the Yoga, oh how I loathe thee! Luckily I was only forced to do it once!)). My review is for the single-player offline mode, tried GTA Online for about an hour or so, just long enough to confirm that it’s not really my thing.
Post edited August 10, 2015 by 01kipper
I just finished "A Story About My Uncle". Quite a fun game, just long enough (about 3.5-4h).
CMOT70: Okay, thanks. I also did some research and the other MGS game i tried way back was the original PC port of Metal Gear Solid. I've heard that the PC port was not very good for that one, so maybe it's not surprising i couldn't get it into it way back. My problem is that i have trouble becoming engaged with any game series that has ongoing story at any point other than the start, just never seems to work for me. I always try to play the older games first.
The Metal Gear Solid's are out of sequence anyway. The first in the timeline would actually be Metal Gear Solid 3, then Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, The Phantom Pain. Then Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 4.

You've actually played the third in the story.
Post edited August 09, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
5. Dragon Fantasy: Book 1 (100% Completion)- 7-31-2015- Vita- 6/10- The game is very reminiscent of early Dragon Quest games... & damn is that a bad thing. The encounter rate is absurd.... you take maybe 3-7 steps & you are in another battle. I do like certain aspects of the game... The battle system is refreshingly simple (as opposed to several modern JRPGs who's battle system that you need at least a basic understanding of Advanced Calculus to understand) & the story is serious but has humor without being obnoxiously constant with it (see: the majority of Nippon Ichi's game other than Disgaea).

6. Outlast- 8-6-2015- PS4- 6/10- Nowhere near as scary as it is made out to be (& I played in the dark with my surround sound headphones on). The game is marred by repetitive gameplay that basically amounts to: walk through a few halls where nothing happens, find out that you need to collect/flip/turn a certain number of random items to progress, run into The Big Guy &/or group of crazies while searching, find items, use items to open door, scripted chase, rinse & repeat. Speaking of the Big Guy.. I absolutely hated every one of his sections (except for a certain one near the end of the game >:D) because I found nothing scary or even tense about them... I just found them ways to artificially extend to length of the game. I know I may be in the minority with this (judging by steam, PSN & Metacritic reviews), but I find nothing all that special about this game.

Full List
Post edited August 10, 2015 by Roberttitus
Lilly looking through

Another short adventure game. The story is nice and the graphics are really cute. Also the puzzles are done well and are fun to solve. They are not really difficult and even if you are stuck there is a hint system so I can really recommend this for someone who wants to play an easy adventure without having to look in a walkthrough :D
All in all the game felt a bit short. It was really nicely done and the end felt a bit unsatisfying. There could have been more.
Grand Theft Auto V and ]Batman Arkham Asylum

GTA 5 on PC is pretty legendary now and I can't add much to it other than to say that playing in first person turned out toe be pretty damn amazing! I loved the FPP and it added so much to the immersion of the game. The rest of the game is just pure escapism and good fun. Just walking and driving around Los Santos for hours is just super fun - diving in the ocean or hijacking a jumbo jet and crashing into the city - so much fun!

Batman AA was my second playthrough and it's a damn fine game but I do prefer the more open ended nature of Arkham City. I got stuck too many times in Asylum but other than that the game is brilliant.
Post edited August 09, 2015 by jepsen1977
Brutal Legend

Have you ever wondered how traveling through a visual representation of Metal iconography and “over the top” charisma would feel like? Well, Brutal legend should satisfy your curiosity.

Developed by Double Fine, this open world third-person action game presents one of the weirdest themes you could ever find in the media, because really: who would have ever thought to transpose “fantasy” rock lyrics and the cover art of several among the most famous Metal albums into a video game setting where black leather jackets and headbanging are the apex of etiquette and music holds real power?
Starring Jack Black as the protagonist (a roadie named Eddie Riggs, suddenly and mysteriously transported to the “Brutal Land” during the concert of a terrible band), the game twists all the tropes and clihès usually associated to Metal similarly to what the most delirious moments of “Tenacious D and The Pick of Destiny” movie already did. If you like that kind of humor -based on exaggerations, extremely passionate tastes in music, music terms and idioms taken literally, and epic, unconventional quests built on caricatures and parodies- and you appreciate Tim Schafer's excellent writing, Brutal legend may very well be the comical game to bind them all.

On the gameplay side, I must say that Brutal Legend tries to be everything but excels in nothing. Don't get me wrong, though: despite throwing a wide amount of genres into the mix, all of them are solid and work perfectly fine, simply lacking the level of depth and refinement that a “specialized” game would have instead.
The core of the game is based on classic third person action combining axe chops, electric, fiery and “earthshaking” guitar riffs and powerful “solos” with peculiar effects to use either in battle or on the environment (my favorite is the “facemelter” one, killing every small enemy out of envy of your prodigious guitar skills).
Then there are “stage battles”, small RTS sections where two armies clash guided by your direct orders, inspired by your music and empowered by -literally- geysers of fans, attracted by the performance and the merchandise boots. Unlike what I heard around the Web, the tutorial explains adequately how to play during those events and they all provide a relatively easy challenge.
There are also several minor puzzle (à la Overlord), shooting and racing sections to gather “tributes” to the Metal Gods needed to upgrade your gear and you car, accompanied by a consistent but totally optional amount of collectibles - I'm sure there is no need to explain what they are about.
My only real complaint is that, despite the apparent variety, the many side missions are basically all identical and divided only by genre, adding a certain amount of repetitiveness.
In any case, the game never overstays its welcome by always balancing them with the main plot and by avoiding to last too long for its own good, making the whole a relatively brief (let's say... around 15 hours with almost all the side quests but without too many collectibles?) but satisfying experience.

This game would be meaningless without a powerful soundtrack, wouldn't it?
While there is almost no original track, know that Brutal Legend will satiate your rockin' appetites with plenty of top quality music, presenting lots of pieces coming from many renowned artists – among them, just to cite a few, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Manowar, Motley Crue, Megadeth and many more.
Rob Halford, Lita Ford and Ozzy Osbourne and Lenny Kilmister are even appearing as voice actors (sometimes, of their own selves)!

If your appreciation of Rock does not shy away form its heavier edges and you are in need of a funny and not too challenging game, I can definitely recommend you Brutal Legend.
Enebias: Brutal Legend
Would have much preferred if it had just remained a simple and fun action adventure game driving around your hot rod and face melting things, but no, it had to go all "Why did you not leave that part out" RTS.
Post edited August 09, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
8-Bit Commando

A Contra-inspired retra platformer that I didn't care for it too much. This is mainly because of the controls - something about the way momentum was implemented made them seem very imprecise, and a few platforming segments were very frustrating because of this. Also, it is impossible to shoot diagonally up without moving, which was an annoyance at times.

A bigger annoyance was the inability to switch weapons. Once you've picked up a weapon (in the form of a power-up), you're stuck with it until you either die or switch to a different weapon. This wouldn't be a problem if the weapons were always better than your default gun, but a lot of times they are not, and killing certain bosses with a few of the guns is an exercise in frustration.

I gotta give points to the game for an innovative lives system though. You actually get infinite lives, but only 5 minutes to complete a level. If you die, you are bumped back to the last checkpoint, but the clock keeps running. If time runs out, it's game over, but you can always start the game from any level you've previously reached . I liked not having to worry about limited lives, and the levels are small enough that the time limit works out. A nice touch is that you automatically get a game over screen with a retry option if you die before reaching the first checkpoint of a level, so that you don't needlessly lose time.

With lots of retries, it took me 1.5 hours to beat the 7 levels present in the 8-Bit Commando. That kept it from overstaying it's welcome. If only the controls were improved, the game would be much better.

Cyberpunk 3776

Not sure what this sh'mup has to do with the "Cyberpunk" genre - there's not any hacking or corporation overlords involved in the story. If anything, the main character's narration makes it seem more "Noir".

Anyway, it's a decent shooter which lets you upgrade your ship's subsystems (weapons, shields, health, etc.) using Upgrade Points which randomly drop when you kill enemies. The more you upgrade a particular subsystem the more points it costs to upgrade it further, so it makes sense distribute some of the points instead of dumping everything into one or two systems. You keep the upgrade points found in a level even if you die, though not if you quit from the level while alive. As with 8-Bit Commando, once you die you can start on any level you've previously reached, which is always appreciated.

It took me a bit under two hours to beat the game. The final boss was giving me a lot of trouble, so I resorted to replaying an earlier level a few times in order to be able to afford a couple extra upgrades. By the end, I hadn't maxed any of the subsystems, and most weren't even half-way to being maxed, so it would have taken a lot of grinding to max the ship for the OCD folks.
Post edited August 09, 2015 by kalirion
Lumino City

The graphics of this adventure are really nicely done. The paper models make a real beautiful world. The puzzles of this game can sometimes be challenging and sometimes I felt they were not that logical. Also care needs to be taken that some puzzles need to be done in the correct order or the game bugs and can not be continued, meaning that the chapter needs to be played again.
All in all a nice and beautiful adventure with some weak points.
Enebias: If your appreciation of Rock does not shy away form its heavier edges and you are in need of a funny and not too challenging game, I can definitely recommend you Brutal Legend.
Good review - I love Brutal Legend and feel it's quite a misunderstood game although it certainly has its share of flaws. I just wish they could have gotten the rights and put some Dio, Metallica, and Iron Maiden on the soundtrack :)

I just finished Leisure Suit Larry 3. After loving the second one so much, I think this one is a bit of a step down. After the grandiose Bond parody of the previous game, this one scales back down to a story of Larry simply trying to nail hot women again, until he of course works his way up to the "main event", a pianist named Passionate Patti. The twist is that Larry disappears toward the end and you have to control Patti as she tries to find him, essentially giving you a taste of what a female-oriented Larry game would be like.

The game looks nice enough and is as funny as the other two but I was flummoxed by a couple of early puzzles only to learn after looking online that I wasn't solving them because they relied on me visiting locations I didn't realize were there. This is something I've noticed about Sierra's games during this late EGA/SCI period, this tendency toward being obtuse about objects on the screen and exit locations. I guess it was just a phase they were going through.
Just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution. It was ok. Game mechanics was typical Mass Effect/popamole feugo shoot. Story was decent, but it was all over the place. Too many loose ends and subplots to try and tie up at the end. Plus it had its own blue/green/red ME 3 type ending... all of which are paths dictated to by the game rather than the player. More observe and click buttons stuff. Serves its purpose but it gets a bit tiring. I would enjoy more games where the player actually can affect or change missions/plots/endings without nerfing the story in order to squeeze in the 'here's the part where the player's choices matter' part. It all seems arbitrary and just... digital window dressing.

Still, the soundtrack was relaxing, I enjoyed shooting guns, and of course who can argue with saturated sepia?
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

A lot of what I said about my mini-review of The Oath in Felghana applies here as well; same engine as Ys Origin, isometric hack and slash with RPG elements in which you have nothing but your sword and some magic to help you out against an increasingly harder number of dungeons, while some great rock music plays in the background. Unlike Oath in Felghana, the only abilities you have are the elemental attacks of your swords, but you can use items to heal yourself and if this is your first foray in the Ys series, it will help you a lot as, without them, the game is more difficult than Oath in Felghana. It doesn't also help that the game gives you an illusion of choice more than once regarding your path, which leads to an overpowered enemy, who can kill you very quickly (that was quite frustrating at times). Fortunately, save points are more numerous this time around, so no more 20 minutes backtracking bullshit.

So, more enjoyable Ys. Let's see what Seven has to bring to the table.

Full list.