It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den: I must admit this DLC was way better than the main campaign. Yes, gameplaywise it is more of the same thing. But I have found the story much more engaging and the mission design more beautiful. It is a good example of a DLC. 8/10

List of all games finished in the last years with best and worst games played in each year
Post edited May 09, 2014 by damien
Just finished Aliens: Colonial Marines ...and my god how crappy that was on so many levels. atleast it was quickly over.
Just finished Mr. Bree+
Enjoyed the game tremendously. The excellent soundtrack is so unbelievably melancholic.
Tight controls, beautiful art design with a unique touch - the colour pallet changes to reflect the times of day if you die a lot in a level. Some of the levels look quite beautiful at night, or kind of menacing as the sun is setting. Levels are challenging, but are also littered with very generous checkpoints. Fun, fun game.
Just finished Gomo

It's a funny and charming adventure and i had fun playing through it. Unfortunately it is way too short, i finished it in ~105 minutes so it just entertains you for the length of a movie. I'm glad that i got it cheap in a bundle because if i paid the full price of $7.99 it would have left a bad taste in my mouth despite being a good game.

I'd recommend this game only if you can get it very cheap.
Post edited May 10, 2014 by Impaler26
Divinity 2: Developer's Cut

After all the countless hours I spent with it and in such a short time, I feel obliged to say a few words about it, even though I'm a bit conflicted on it. This is a very different game than Divine Divinity on the outside, and at the same time also very reminiscent of it, once you get into it, both in a good and a bad sense. In any case, a worthy successor IMO, and in part I actually liked it better than the predecessor.

The mixture between story RPG and hack and slash action is still there, as is the tongue-in-cheek humor, the user-friendly skill system, the awesome soundtrack, the epic length, the plot that manages to be utterly forgettable and weirdly intriguing in its pastiche of not-so-serious clichés at the same time, the odd fascination with slightly chauvinist jokes - not excluding jokes about lazy leecherous men though, the attention to details and good dialogue writing, the abundance of side quests and secrets, the occasional, sometimes amusing troubles with the physics engine and not so amusing pathfinding issues, the pixel hunting (possibly even worse in a huge 3D environment), the extreme chest and barrel bashing and looting, and sadly the trash mob combat overkill, especially towards the ending, fortunately to a lesser extent than in DD. What has improved are naturally the graphics, the quality of the voiceovers (hurray!), and the increased variety of gameplay by introducing dragon flight and more crafting options. It also inserts a bit of 3D platforming which is kind of awkward but never truly horrible and can be fun regardless.

The game started a bit slow, so that I took a longer break in the beginning, thinking it was nice but nothing special, unless I decided to give it another try and got sucked into it. And then at times I was so in love with this game that I was set on throwing my money at Larian for Original Sin no matter the cost and conditions, curious what else they have in store. If I had known how many hours a completionist playthrough would take, I would have shied away from it, never imagining that I would be able to finish it, but in the end I did without even thinking about it. And I guess that's saying something, when a game manages to fascinate you enough that you keep on playing and playing. The atmosphere fueled by soundtrack, graphics and voiceovers is really great. The combat is rather simple and encourages slightly exploitative button-mashing and side-stepping tactics, but the variety of freely distributable skills without any need to stick to one class makes it fun nevertheless. And I absolutely loved the dragon flight element combined with huge and beautiful areas to explore, although the transformation between human and dragon form wasn't always that smooth and the exploration not that free, considering alll the invisible walls, but that's just a minor complaint considering how awesome and novel the inclusion of this feature is in the first place.

Unfortunately, apart from the minor nuisances already mentioned (to which I would add the way that item comparison works, where the description of items often obliterates the display of the stats it would influence), just as with Divine Divinity the latter parts of the game let me down. There was still more creativity in there than in the last chapter of Divine Divinity, but I couldn't really appreciate it anymore due to the game dragging on for too long and due to the repetitive combat with hordes of more or less identical (and in the expansion also respawning) opponents. In Ego Draconis most of these are optional and skippable - at least for people who are not completionists and/or affected by OCDs ;) - but in Flames of Vengeance they were hardly avoidable. Add to that that in Flames of Vengeance my character was so ridiculously overpowered that none of these battles was the slightest bit of a challenge anymore and I didn't really need any more xp or loot, but the fighting still took away a lot of my time. The freeform dragon flight was fun in Ego Draconis, but in Flames of Vengeance it was at first not present at all, and later very restricted and crucial for progress, so I didn't enjoy it anymore (and yeah, I cheated my way through that section because of that). The endings of both Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance were a bit of a joke; the one of Ego Draconis was satisfying only in a cinematic sense, but a cliffhanger, the ending of Flames of Vengeance was not satisfying at all and not really worth the trouble of getting there against all odds.

So in the end, did I like or dislike Divinity 2? A bit of both I guess. All in all it is a great and witty RPG with many original ideas and mostly enjoyable gameplay, that doesn't need to fear comparison with the best, but that from my personal view is marred by its length and the overemphasis and overabundance of combat without much variety or challenge, as well as a rather nonsensical plot.
Post edited May 10, 2014 by Leroux
Xcom: Enemy Within on normal nonironman. was a great game.
Finished Shelter : lost all my children and got killed. There aren't any indications in the game about how to escape dangers and I just ran forward until I got that ending. It was quite a crappy game.

Full list here.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD, for a really casual version of X it was still pretty fun.
Just finished Call of Duty (the original).

To be honest, I don't get all the fuss about it supposedly being better than the rest of the series. It has pretty much all of the problems that the later games in the series have - in particular excessive linearity and excessive reliance on scripting. By the time I got to the Soviet campaign, I was wishing that the game would finally come to an end.
jamyskis: Just finished Call of Duty (the original).

To be honest, I don't get all the fuss about it supposedly being better than the rest of the series. It has pretty much all of the problems that the later games in the series have - in particular excessive linearity and excessive reliance on scripting. By the time I got to the Soviet campaign, I was wishing that the game would finally come to an end.
I thought Modern Warfare 1 was generally considered to be the best?
Made it to the final chapter in Phantasmagoria, but then it decided "Quit" means "ERASE ALL OF MY SAVED PROGRESS MAKING ME START AGAIN".

Yeah... nope. By the power invested in me, I hereby declare I have beaten this game anyway. The whole game is a movie anyway so watching the remaining clips on YouTube is the same thing as playing it.

Suck my dick, Roberta Williams.
Doom: The Roguelike

36 tries and I've finally completed this game, only barely beating the final boss. I love doom and I like rogue likes so its a great little game.
The first XCom Ufo Defense game;
Startopia;
Icewind Dale;
NVN 2 original campaign with a buddy of mine
It's over! It's finally over! IT'S FINALLY OVER!

Rise of the Triad: Dark War + Extreme Rise of the Triad

Released more than a year after the original Doom, can Rise of the Triad stand on its own legs as a worthy adversary? Truth be told, not really. While some of the things it brought to the FPS genre are interesting, like multiple characters, traps and power-ups, it didn't really succeed at getting the most important thing correct. What is that? The shooting.

In Rise of the Triad, you have 4 weapons: The single pistol, the twin pistols, the assault rifle and an explosive weapon. Once you get the assault rifle, the pistols are useless, since its stronger, faster and has unlimited bullets. It's also completely unsatisfying and there are quite a few enemies who laugh at your pathetic bullets. Which leaves us with the explosive weapons, which are actually quite good and have a nice variety. Unfortunately, you won't be able to use them in narrow spaces, unless you want to commit suicide and you may only carry one of those explosive weapons at a time and each has limited ammo.

As for the level design, it's very interesting with all those traps, mechanical devices and this gothic setting, but it never really gets any more varied and once you have seen one episode, you have mostly seen them all. Speaking of traps, the game can get really annoying with them, as failing to properly avoid them can kill you very, very quickly. And speaking of quick deaths, many enemies can also kill you very very quickly. Perhaps, it was because I was playing with Thi Barrett on hard but a single explosive is enough to instantly kill you, regardless of health. It doesn't help when there are many of those opponents on screen, especially when they are invincible. I really hated that, but what I hated even more, were the many platforming sections when there is no jump button in the game. Whoever thought that was a good idea, was certifiably insane.

I did have some fun, but I was not impressed as I was with other old FPS games. Well, at least the music (composed by Lee Jackson and Bobby Prince of Duke Nukem 3D fame), was awesome.

Oh, and regarding Extreme Rise of the Triad? Rename it to Rise of the Triad Romhack and you get an idea of what this is all about. The same number of rearranged levels, the same bosses and everything made harder to the point of having to quicksave every minute or so, because OHKOs are everywhere. And let us not speak about bullshit like being stuck in a level because you moved an object earlier than you should. Avoid it like the plague.

Updated my list.
Post edited May 12, 2014 by Grargar
Grargar: Released more than a year after the original Doom, can Rise of the Triad stand on its own legs as a worthy adversary? Truth be told, not really. While some of the things it brought to the FPS genre are interesting, like multiple characters, traps and power-ups, it didn't really succeed at getting the most important thing correct. What is that? The shooting.
If you're looking for a worthy Doom successor, try Dark Forces.