It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I would have finished Settlers 10th Ann today but that last fucking portal keeps avoiding me! :O
lukaszthegreat: for short time in order to gather items necessary to lift the curse (but town was closed to me, only the entrance and small part of forest were accessible) and later on during the battle.
in chapter 2 I spend most of my time in the camp and surrounding area
K_1269: Nice, sounds like the game might have a good replay value then :) I spend plenty of time in Vergen city and some in the surrounding area, only went to the soldiers camp one short time towards the end of the chapter.
Act 2 is quiet different for both sides. Not only the area and quests but the lore and things which you will do in act 3.
Finished ELEUSIS. Nice graphics & audio design but the puzzles and the story were a bit disappointing. Still, a nice game... provided you disable the combats in the start menu options.

Full list here.
Post edited February 11, 2014 by sebarnolds
Just finished it. I know a lot of people think that game is a breeze but I feel like I just climbed a fucking mountain. Rejoice!
Kentucky Route Zero, Act 1.
Insane. Surreal. Not really story oriented or character oriented... rather, well, setting oriented. I like it.
Finished "Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can". Not too bad, but not quite as good as the Midnight Mysteries series.
Finished yesterday evening Crysis 2. I almost stopped playing at some point but i looked up on the net how far I was, and since I only had a few missions left to do I stuck with it and finished it. Which is more than I can say about the first Crysis which I could not stand to play for more than an hour or so before dropping it (tried twice, don't like it). But then again I'm not a FPS fan so I'm probably in the minority about not liking Crysis 1. I'll probably play Crysis 3 also, but for now I need something else, not a FPS.

Finished this year:
- Splinter Cell Blacklist
- Borderlands DLC campaigns
- Aliens - Colonial Marines
- Borderlands 2
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
- Broken Age - Act 1
- Crysis 2
I just finished Binary Domain a few minutes ago. Whoa. Thanks again Bigs!

The gameplay is really straightforward. Shoot everything. Don't expect much more than that.
I could gripe about a few things that bugged me, but the truth is I can look past those things, because it was just fun as hell shooting the armor and limbs off of robots (and especially blasting their heads off, which makes them turn against each other.) The action is really awesome, with tons of cool events and effects. I even enjoyed the many (many) bossfights. The sound, and especially the music, are top notch.

The story was outstanding, with a cast of very unique and interesting characters that you get attached to. Few games I've played lately have a story so interesting that I get stuck to my chair for hours waiting to see what happens next. This was the strongest point of the game for me.

I usually don't get so attached to all-out action shooters like this, but this just worked for me. I can see myself playing this again - maybe every year or something (I kinda want to replay it right now, but I think I'll hold off...)
Total play time ~ 11 hours. A perfect length, in my opinion.

Full list
Just finished The Blackwell Convergence. The game does a pretty good job of tying together the stories of the first two games (hence the name, I guess), and the voice acting seems to be a marked improvement over those two games, but the final third of Convergence is essentially the series starting to fall a little bit too much in love with its own mythology.

Also, the way the game seems to hand out solutions to puzzles to you on a silver platter is a bit irritating. There was very little challenge in any of the first three games, but the third one really took the biscuit. I'm not much good at adventure games, but this was far too easy even for me.
Post edited February 12, 2014 by jamyskis
Kentucky Route Zero: Act II.
...just keeps me wondering... will all this symbolism and seemingly random things get explained, or it'll end like Lost Highway or Mullholand Drive, leaving us with more questions than answers?
Anyway, I really like the game.
Maybe this should be in the games quit thread, but thanks to cheat codes I finished Geneforge 5. A great end to the series story-wise but, for me, way too difficult. After the first quarter, Geneforge 5 starts becoming like a puzzle game where you have to worm your way around most zones to avoid certain death. Veer slightly off the optimum path and you'll fail again and again. Maybe the game-play didn't click with me and others won't find it too cruel.

From easiest to hardest, I rate the series as follows:
Geneforge 3
Geneforge 1
Geneforge 4
Geneforge 2
Geneforge 5

Now on to something easier...Baldur's Gate complete.
Finished Home. Very short and it's okay because I didn't found it very interesting. No real gameplay, ugly graphics (fullscreen) and story too vague... not much of a game.

Full list here.
sebarnolds: Finished ELEUSIS. Nice graphics & audio design but the puzzles and the story were a bit disappointing. Still, a nice game... provided you disable the combats in the start menu options.

Full list here.
Cool, also have that game - why should you disable the combat? Is it that atrocious? Or is it for a more genuine atmosphere? And how long did you need to finish it? (I have it installed and I'm wondering if I should give it ago, despite it not actually being on top of my backlog :D)
Feb 13 - Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart

Pretty simple game, the most frustrating part was that you couldn't use the map to instantly move to a certain screen, but had to navigate through each step and you sometimes had to go from one end to the other and back again for the next event.

The voice acting for a couple characters was not so good (most were fair) and the animation could have at least tried to mimic the facial expressions for the lines being spoken.
sebarnolds: Finished Home. Very short and it's okay because I didn't found it very interesting. No real gameplay, ugly graphics (fullscreen) and story too vague... not much of a game.
Amen to this. When people try to refute my claims that many indie games have a problem with pretentiousness, I just point them to Home.
Post edited February 13, 2014 by jamyskis