It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Completed games:
Shattered Haven (01/05/14)
Lumen (01/30/14)
Funky Smugglers (01/31/14)
The Witcher (02/06/14)
Cognition - Episode 1 (02/09/14)
To the Moon (02/14/14)
Hotline Miami (02/21/14)
Cognition - Episode 2 (02/28/14)
Surgery Simulator 2011 (03/29/14)
DROD 1 - King Dugan's Dungeon (04/05/14)
Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch (04/06/14)
Thief Gold (04/13/14)
Cognition - Episode 3 (04/14/14)
One Finger Death Punch (04/21/14)
Mr. Bree+ (04/25/14)
Cognition - Episode 4 (04/26/14)
Limbo (04/28/14)
Loot Hero (04/29/14)
Papers, Please (05/02/14)
The Howler (05/06/14)
Soulcaster I (05/07/14)
Brütal Legend (05/16/14)
Bit.Trip Runner (05/18/14)
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures (05/20/14)
Frederic - Resurrection of Music (05/22/14)
Way to Go! (06/05/14)
Among the Sleep (06/08/14)
Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition (06/09/14)
The Oil Blue (06/22/14)
SteamWorld Dig (06/26/14)
Braveland (07/04/14)
7 Wonders II (07/07/14)
Wooden Floor (07/08/14)
Pirated Pirates (07/18/14)
Unhack (07/19/14)
Deity Quest (07/21/14)
Cut the Rope (Browser version) (07/24/14)
Catacomb (07/24/14)
Freddi Fish - The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds (07/29/14)
Micy Roll (08/06/14)
The 7th Guest (08/09/14)
Cthulhu Saves the World (08/13/14)
Gomo (08/13/14)
Railyard: Match-3 Evolved (08/18/14)
Organ Trail (Android) (08/25/14)
12 Labours of Hercules (09/07/14)
Retention (09/14/14)
Bomb the Monsters! (09/22/14)
Superfrog HD (10/07/14)
Love+ (10/11/14)
Wizorb (10/18/14)
Admiral Nemo (10/23/14)
Home Sheep Home 2 (10/28/14)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (11/06/14)
Blocks That Matter (11/12/14)
Tetrobot and Co. (11/23/14)
A Bird Story (11/24/14)

Games that can't be completed:
The Guild

Quitted games:
Cubicity (because of inaccurate controls that make it impossible to beat the final boss)
Ninja Girl: RPG Defense (because of endless grinding just to beat the bosses)
Ice Cream Surfer (because of constant crashes I wasn't able to get to the final boss)

Currently playing:
Might and Magic II
DROD 2 - Journey to a Rooted Hold

Include me, please.
Post edited December 17, 2014 by PaterAlf
* Bit Trip Runner 2
* A World of Keflings
* Serious Sam 3
* Rogue Legacy
* Trials Evolution Gold
* I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
* Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
* Perfect Dark XBLA
* Gears of War 2
* Super Mario 3D Land
* Beyond Oasis
* Assassin's Creed II
* Sonic Rush
* Volgarr the Viking
* SteamWorld Dig
* Max Payne 1
* Raiden IV
* Charlie Murder
* Dead Island
* Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
* Commander Keen 1: Marooned on Mars
* Defy Gravity Extended
* DOOM 3
* DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil
* Hitman: Absolution
* Red Faction: Guerrilla
* Giana Sisters: Rise of the Owlverlord
* Armored Hunter: GUNHOUND EX
* FarCry 3: Blood Dragon
* Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
* SSX (2012)
* Skate 3
Post edited December 22, 2014 by Bapabooiee
- Portal
I'm never gonna finish xenoblade, 11 hours in and not even 10% of the game :(
Full list

First game I finished this year is Metro 2033. It was fun, but got a bit too easy when I found the heavy automatic shotgun... I don't know the exact rate of fire, but I think it takes less than 5 seconds to empty a 20 shell magazine. Why should I fear the librarians with this weapon?Just wait till their head fills the screen and pull the trigger... Or a horde of Nosalis? Just look roughly into their direction and let the devastation begin. This weapon is too powerful. At least on the normal difficulties (haven't tried the Ranger difficulties). You just have to watch your ammo a little bit.

Spoilers ahead

The game is good, but I think it lost some of its atmosphere in the middle part. Here's what I didn't like:

- The heavy automatic shotgun (found in the room of the smith in armory station) made you 'invincible' and other dangers, like ghosts or anomalies, vanished after the Khan chapters (with the exception of cutscenes)... Why?

- In the early game Artjom had some visions, later they stopped almost completely.

- The communists gave you some some background in armory station (ID check, curfew, sending everyone to the frontline), but the fascists were faceless enemies. What made them facists? I just know they're facists because the game told me...

Its getting better again when you reach Polis (looks great when you enter the station). You're still invincible and everything mysterious is still gone, but the library and the following levels are very different from the Metro or the Dead City. And it's a good feeling to have some Rangers around. Still not as good as the first part of the game, but definitely better than the part between Armory and Polis.
Finished Final Fantasy 10 again (X-2 does not exist)

I still cried at the end. Knew exactly the outcome was expecting it and still cried.

#bigjessie
GastonArg: I'm never gonna finish xenoblade, 11 hours in and not even 10% of the game :(
I'm 12 hours into Batman Arkham Asylum and only finished 5% of the game so far which is a bit surprising as I didn't think a game like this would be as lengthy. It has a lot of extra "riddles" which are essentially secret items to find. 10 times your average game's worth. :) Makes for some interesting challenges locating and acquiring them even though it is a side diversion from the main storyline of the game. Still a decent game though minus the online DRM check. <sigh>
reaver894: Finished Final Fantasy 10 again (X-2 does not exist)

I still cried at the end. Knew exactly the outcome was expecting it and still cried.

#bigjessie
I'm playing it now and everyone tells me the same.
GastonArg: I'm never gonna finish xenoblade, 11 hours in and not even 10% of the game :(
skeletonbow: I'm 12 hours into Batman Arkham Asylum and only finished 5% of the game so far which is a bit surprising as I didn't think a game like this would be as lengthy. It has a lot of extra "riddles" which are essentially secret items to find. 10 times your average game's worth. :) Makes for some interesting challenges locating and acquiring them even though it is a side diversion from the main storyline of the game. Still a decent game though minus the online DRM check. <sigh>
I do want to play batman seems really good but online drm check is a no no for me
I completed "The Last of Us" yesterday. I didn't expect it to become one of my favorite games, but it did.
GastonArg: I do want to play batman seems really good but online drm check is a no no for me
Indeed. I got it from the Humble bundle that included 3 Batman games, 3 F.E.A.R. games, 3 Lord of the Rings games and Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection. I mainly wanted the F.E.A.R. titles, but the extra games were nice bonuses that all looked interesting. I did look online for the DRM status of the primary 6 games in the original pack and they appeared to be DRM free or at least GFWL/SecuROM free so I went with it. For $4.50 for 6 games, which later expanded to 12 or 13 after the fact as extra freebies thrown in I certainly felt I got a good deal.

Since then, attempting to play Mortal Kombat - which was a bonus game not in the original package and so not part of my decision making process or research - I discovered it uses GFWL which requires two Microsoft accounts from what I was able to understand. One, a live.com account for email or whatever, and 2 an xbox account or something like that. I might have the details slightly wrong as I mostly don't care other than that it was not acceptable to me and I just said screw it and uninstalled the less than useful free game. Kind of funny... "Here's a free game, now we make you pay by suffering trying to play it." ;)

The Batman games showed up as relaxed on a web page I keep bookmarked for DRM state of games on Steam, where it was listed as having had GFWL and SecuROM removed IIRC. Dont remember it saying anything about always-on Steam DRM though so that's disappointing.

Overall, I bought 6 games for $4.50 and mainly for 3 of them, which at $1.50 a piece is a great deal. Presuming those games don't have any DRM or other major issues I got my money's worth out of it and will be happy for what does work on that note. But as a consumer, I have to say that every time I have a bad experience with DRM or other things I perceive to be anti-consumer - they push me more and more away from being a customer ever again in the future. GOG is my preferred game retailer of course due to the DRM-free nature of their core principles, but I do buy games from elsewhere because they're simply not available on GOG and I want them. I do my best to find DRM-free ones where possible and second to that ones with lightweight DRM that is relatively non-intrusive. Having had extremely bad experiences with multi-hundred dollars worth of games from Ubisoft and EA in the past, I've written them off and wont buy anything from them anymore that is not straight up DRM-free. I wont even trust them to put something out with lightweight DRM, they ruined it for themselves with anti-consumer business practices from my viewpoint.

Well now I have to add Warner Brothers to the list as 2 out of 2 games from them have anti-consumer technology preventing me from playing their games too. At least I didn't waste several hundred dollars to find out this time though. :)

I bought quite a few games in the last 3 months through all the sales, both from GOG, Steam, Steam resellers, Shinyloot and a few other places as well as bundle sites. I've done some amount of DRM pre-research on some of those and probably forgot to on others. I will say though that I probably will be taking a break from purchasing and only buying the best deals on the best games for a while and less whimsical purchases. Now with the collection I have, as I go through them I will be either experiencing joy or headaches with regards to any DRM found if it interferes with my legitimate use of the product. Any and every company whom inconveniences me will go on "the list" to never buy from again ever. Everyone makes that call themselves and there's no right or wrong, it's an individual thing of course, but for me - I'm tired of being treated like cattle from big companies that disrespect and distrust their very life blood and my wallet will dry up from now on unless I have a stellar experience. The Internet is in my favour. There are more choices available today with where to spend my money than ever, and I leave it up to those companies to compete for my dollar with positive consumer friendly practices and building trust and cooperation rather than distrust and assumption of everyone being a pirate up to no good that needs to be strictly controlled.

So I'd say - before you buy, do a lot of research per title to know for sure, and even then you can still get surprises sometimes. ;)
GOG gets 1st choice on my credit card though. :)
include me

So I will edit this post when I will have actually finished games in 2014. Working on it, I've just started Tomb Raider (2013 version) and enjoying it! But not near finished, of course...

EDIT> here's my finished games list :

Last Knight
Tomb Raider (2013)
Remember Me
Lego Harry Potter years 5-7
Long Live the Queen
Shadow Warrior (2014)
Shadowrun Returns (Dead Man's Switch)
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Theatrythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (3DS)
Dragon's Crown (PSVita)
Loren the Amazon Princess
Lego The Hobbit
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
The Wolf Among Us
Shadowrun Returns (Dragonfall)
Half-minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax (Hero 30 mode)
Lego Batman 2 (PSVita)
Holy Avatar vs Maidens of the Dead
The Lego Movie Videogame
American MacGee's Grimm
Child of Light
Final Exam
The Walking Dead Season 2
4 Elements
The Binding of Isaac rebirth (PSVita)
Little Inferno
Costume Quest 2
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
Post edited December 29, 2014 by xa_chan
Just "completed" Valdis Story as Wyatt, had a lot of fun although I am apparently terrible at it, F rank on about half the bosses. Although the rest were S or A, so I guess it was pretty hit-or-miss. Found plenty of items I have no idea what to do with (grey armor pieces and the eyes of the goddesses for example), and apparently unwittingly saved 50% of the civilians that I wasn't even aware needed saving.

I plan to play through as Reina, and possibly the other two characters if I can figure out how to unlock them. Nonetheless, I'm calling the game complete now. Any replays are bonus fun.
This year I finished:

Splinter Cell Blacklist - probably the worst game of the series
Borderlands DLCs - I always thought they were going to be better. I was wrong. The Ned DLC was nice, the rest, not so much.
Aliens - Colonial Marines - finished in a day (just over 5 hours). Crap game but I played it in coop so I had fun
Post edited February 06, 2014 by Aningan
To The Moon-an indie gem with beautiful score and a fantastic story.There's little gameplay to be found here but you'll be so moved by it's story you won't care.Simply wonderful.
Post edited January 09, 2014 by Mr.Caine