It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

First completed in 2014 was Devil's Attorney, a mobile game!!!

I hate to say it, but due to circumstance I've been away from my typical gaming PC and have only been gaming on a mobile device for more than a month.

That said, it's the perfect mobile game. Easy to pick up for any length of time and its one of the very few genres that isn't a complete piece of shite to play on a touchscreen. I loved the general humour, although the dialogue was a little tired at times. If anyone is travelling or wants to be even less productive at work, shell out a couple of bucks for this one.

P.S. Sorry for sounding like a review :S
Novotnus: All right. My first game for 2014 had to be something special. And it was, and the credits just rolled through the screen.
Imagine a game with: crossdressing, having sex while drunk (with a drunk partner), beating a half-naked woman with a frying pan, said half-naked woman doing striptease in a public place, invading stranger's house and running around it completly naked...
Yes, my friends, the first game I completed in 2014 was...
JACK KEANE, part 1.
Proudly added to the list.
Also, took some (spoilerish) pictures for you if you want to see my exploits :)
Wow, maybe GOG should get you to do their publicity, I was put off this one by its legendarily slow sales rate in the last sale but now I'm interested again!
Fever_Discordia: Wow, maybe GOG should get you to do their publicity, I was put off this one by its legendarily slow sales rate in the last sale but now I'm interested again!
All I said is true and happens in the game :) Sure, put in the context it's not that shocking or controversial, still - it's all there (and even more - forgot about animal cruelty).
Actually the game was self-aware for most part and, I'll risk saying it, funny at parts.
11/02 The Witcher 2
26/02 Mafia 2
01/03 Black Mesa
12/03 Path of Exile
15/03 Double Dragon Neon
09/05 Xcom: Enemy Within
01/06 Mass Effect 3
16/06 Batman: Arkham City
10/10 Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
15/11 Dreamfall: Chapters: Book One
14/12 Half Life 2
Post edited December 14, 2014 by lukaszthegreat
include me

2014: Games finished
=================
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (May 30)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (December 15)
Post edited December 16, 2014 by Syme
JudasIscariot: Wait, you guys are actually playing your games? What madness is this? O.o
Though it would garner more ill will than it is worth, I'd love for you guys to run an anti-sale like what was joked about in that recentish interview.

And I completed a couple games of Talisman: Digital Edition, does that count for games completed?
fracturedsanity: And I completed a couple games of Talisman: Digital Edition, does that count for games completed?
You decide when you consider a game as completed, simple as that. (But if you like you could add something in brackets, like "completed a couple of games".)
Volgarr the Viking

Call me spoiled any time you want but I still think that the lack of waypoints is just ridiculous. It doesn't make the game any better, just more frustrating. I don't agree with "this game is meant to played this way" statement either. The game should be meant to entertain not to frustrate. Boss battles are by far the worst. Usually I enjoy learning boss' movement and attack pattern. And it's pretty usual that I die several times before I can beat it. But here? Every time I die I have to repeat at least two stages (the Path of Valkyrie is even worse)! So at that point you may call me a cheater too because before engaging bosses I watched some youtube videos to know what to expect! And I'm not ashamed of it, I have other games to play and other things to do and repeating the same world several times just to learn how to fight a boss is not something I'm willing to spend my time on. Seriously, by the time I beat the Path of Valkyrie I knew the first three worlds (six stages!) by heart. I was throwing a spear before seeing an enemy because I was sure he would get hit anyway. Is that really so cool? I don't think so.

I know that there are some players who enjoy it so I'm just opting for a freedom of choice. Just like in Giana Sisters - you want to switch off waypoints? No problem! Perhaps, you even prefer time attack mode? You can get it too!

In the end no-waypoint system made the game indeed longer but drastically decreased replay value for me. I doubt I'll ever play it again.

Minor complain: why is that the purpose of my mission is explained at the very end of the game? It doesn't change the gameplay at all but it's a bit awkward, at the beginning I can see Odin resurrecting Volgarr and sending him for a mission but only after completing it a player can learn what was that about. Isn't it... weird?!

It could have been a very good game with a nice replay value...

Full list
AllisonUnderland: Goal this year: Beat more then I buy. Did not happen last year!
This is the kind of goal I can get behind. Something reasonable, not so grandiose as "I will complete my backlog!" Good luck to you.

My personal goal is to complete my NES backlog. I hope to make a good dent in SNES games as well, but at minimum I want to be able to scratch one whole system off the list.
Jack keane 1 (7th Jan 12:50)

Yeah I wanted to start off the year on a low so it can only get better than this. The story is evil guy vs good loser guy. Some parts of the story don't have a real pay off (two thugs) and you kind of know where it is going. Gameplay wise is ok but some of the areas are kind of empty and confusing on where you can go.

Good thing i bought this game years ago
Include me.

Kings' Bounty - Crossworlds GOTY (6 Jan 2014).
Costume Quest (29 Apr 2014)
Rogue Trooper (28 May 2014)
Shadowgrounds Survivor (21 Jun 2014)
Total Overdose (20 Sep 2014)
Tales of Monkey Island (6 Nov 2014)
Zombie Shooter (24 Nov 2014)
Post edited November 23, 2014 by wwee
mrking58: Jack keane 1 (7th Jan 12:50)

Yeah I wanted to start off the year on a low so it can only get better than this. The story is evil guy vs good loser guy. Some parts of the story don't have a real pay off (two thugs) and you kind of know where it is going. Gameplay wise is ok but some of the areas are kind of empty and confusing on where you can go.

Hey, but that 'find time and space' puzzle was of Trilby's Notes ending puzzle excellence!
Had no electricity for over a week at the end of 2013. So when it came back on I was pretty hungry to start playing games again.

Leisure Suit Larry 1-3,5
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon
Secret Agent
Rogue Trooper
mrking58: Jack keane 1 (7th Jan 12:50)

Novotnus: Hey, but that 'find time and space' puzzle was of Trilby's Notes ending puzzle excellence!
That puzzle was awesome. I just stood there
mrking58: That puzzle was awesome. I just stood there
Actually 'finding space' was what made it for me :) I was surprised to find something so clever in Jack Keane :)