It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cmdr_flashheart: Quests were cool, but I would have appreciated less focus on combat. I really just want to play a RPG in which I can talk through the entire game, anything like that anywhere? No?
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines is dialogue heavy and depending on your character build, you can talk your way into/out of/through many of the quests and (again, depending on your character build) you can avoid most of the "action" for most of the game using dialogue and stealth. To make it even better, the dialogue is fantastic.

Thinking about it, using stealth and dialogue I'm pretty sure you can get through almost all of the quests peacefully.
cmdr_flashheart: Quests were cool, but I would have appreciated less focus on combat. I really just want to play a RPG in which I can talk through the entire game, anything like that anywhere? No?
Fallout (you can even persuade the final boss to commit suicide instead of fighting him or you can start a nuclear bomb in his base sneakily etc...)
Fallout 2, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Temple of Elemental Evil, Gothic 1+2 etc.. basically all of my favourites give you the possibility to talk or sneak through various situations.
Post edited August 01, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Remember Me. Very nice game, I need to write a little review for this one. I'll come back to this thread ASAP with it !
If with "trough the entire game" you literally mean it, Planescape: Torment is the best choice (but I'm sure you know abou it, already). There are just three forced combat encounters, if I'm not mistaken. You can avoid all the rest using dialogue choices, if you have high enough parameters in wisdom, intelligence and charisma.
If you're interested, check also the Torment-Tides of Numenera Kickstarter project: inXile plans to make an RPG where you can REALLY completely avoid combat!
Murdered: Soul Suspect

I saw another entry for this title recently, so I guess I wasn't the only one to buy it when it went on sale.
All in all, it's a pretty decent game with some nice stories in it and a pretty decent overall storyline.
It is however pretty broken. Mostly IMO due to (bad) design decisions such as for example making a game where you spend a lot of time walking through walls and not adjusting the camera to that situation so you get a lot of janky jumping camera moments.
But I did enjoy my time with it and it's a shame the developer perished because I would've liked to have seen a sequel where they fixed most of the flaws. The atmosphere and the storytelling were quite nice.
12 Labours of Hercules

Accompany Hercules on a quest to rescue his wife, kidnapped by the evil Hades in 12 Labours of Hercules! You'll meet heroes from Ancient Greece as you vanquish beasts, repair roads and construct wonders in this stunning Time Management game! No magical creatures were harmed in the making of the game. They're all actors. Stunning HD graphics Flying horse included Challenging unlockable achievements Action packed mini-games.

i haven't played it yet, but i am a fan of hercule's legend and also indie games so i would give it a try. i ll let you know what do i think about it.

i think i saw it on playinjector website in a bundle.
Post edited August 01, 2014 by xplay1989
xplay1989: i haven't played it yet
Ah I thought this was the "Games Finished in 2014" thread, but apparently this is the "2014 Game Commercials" thread.
Boy I feel silly now.
Enebias: If with "trough the entire game" you literally mean it, Planescape: Torment is the best choice (but I'm sure you know abou it, already). There are just three forced combat encounters, if I'm not mistaken. You can avoid all the rest using dialogue choices, if you have high enough parameters in wisdom, intelligence and charisma.
If you're interested, check also the Torment-Tides of Numenera Kickstarter project: inXile plans to make an RPG where you can REALLY completely avoid combat!
Thanks for the reminder. I will get lynched for saying so, but Planescape reminded me of a bad, college Philosophy lesson and seriously turned me off from the game. Plus, not going to lie, the visuals were too brown and pixely..contradictorily I loved playing Primordia ^^ But yeah, I am looking forward to Torment Tides because it looks promising. Really, though, not enough games that let you play a talking-heavy game, which sucks.
cmdr_flashheart: I will get lynched for saying so, but Planescape reminded me of a bad, college Philosophy lesson and seriously turned me off from the game. Plus, not going to lie, the visuals were too brown and pixely...
Personal tastes are never right or wrong! :)

cmdr_flashheart: ...Contradictorily I loved playing Primordia ...
Same here! It was the first Wadjet Eye game I bought (the art stile really lured me to it), and since then I have become a fan of the studio!

cmdr_flashheart: Really, though, not enough games that let you play a talking-heavy game, which sucks.
Definitely agree on that. Having a few ones would be an appreciated change of pace! Mind me, I love games with tons of fights, but I love variation even more! ;)
Besides, I find peaceful resolutions a lot more satisfying. Anybody can come in a bulding with blazing guns and solve the situation with a nice bloodbath, but how many can turn the tides in their favour with the power of words (along with some "healthy" psychologic trickery)?
8.) Only If

A free to play, first person game. On drugs. Seriously, you are a dude, you wake up after a party, and everything starts acting pretty weird. You talk to a clock, then a flower turns into a fountain, then you look into trash cans in a park. Oh, and you shoot green vases with a revolver. An insane dude keeps talking to you through radios. It's pretty massed up. On the technical side, the game is solid, I have not encountered a single bug, everything works fine. It takes about 2 hours to complete, it's free, looks amazing, and is fun.

Would I recommand it?
Yes

(My list so far)
Post edited August 01, 2014 by Geri11
Enebias:
Goddamn, thanks for being reasonable. Good on you! I get my "conversation based gameplay" fix from adventure games, but it's not the same as playing an RPG with choice/consequence type dialogue options.These recent adventure games from GOG looks promising, though

http://www.gog.com/game/consortium_the_master_edition

http://www.gog.com/game/gods_will_be_watching_special_edition

Well, here's hoping we see some good stuff on the RPG side in the future.

edit: a word

@ NoNewTaletoTell and Klumpen0815: I will check those out more thoroughly, I haven't really gotten into the games you guys mentioned, thanks!

@ kalirion: hmmm, that sounds like a nice challenge. Let me try that, thanks!
Post edited August 01, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
The Banner Saga

At first, I didn't like the game at all. I thought the lore was weakly set up and it was almost as if you had to know the backstory beforehand in order to understand any of it. I also thought that the events and plot were difficult to follow, and although I'm usually a sucker for turn-based combat, I thought that the battle outcomes mostly leaned on luck. However, once I got more used to the combat and finally figured out the best tactics and how to properly train the heroes, I got more in to the game. I still think the story was difficult to follow, but at least I could now enjoy playing the game. The final battle was horse shit though, it took me a long time to even realize what I was supposed to do (although, the amount of rum I had digested before that, might have played a part there). Also, the voyage throughout the land was a bit boring to watch, and the clansmen I had with me did nothing except waste supplies. So what was the point of even gathering more people to the party? I mean, the heroes did all the actual work. Oh well, I guess I'm still going to lean more towards the positives than the negatives. It's not a perfect game by any means, but it still managed to keep me addicted and entertained.
9.) Kairo

I was honestly surprised by this game. I tend to have a love for indie exploration games, but this turned out to be so much better than that. You know that feeling, when you just want to keep playing to see what's next? Well I haven't felt this in a long time, but I certainly did with Kairo. What is it? It's a first person puzzle game, with an amazing narrative, that is told without a single word spoken. I don't want to spoil it, but the game really turns out to be much, much more than you expected. The mechanics work pretty well, some puzzles are easy, some are hard as hell (the ones you need for a secret ending for example). Kudos to the developer, this is truly an amazing work of art.

Would I recommend it?
Definitely. I really didn't expect myself to love this game so much. But I did. And so should you.
FInished the Dragonborn DLC last last night/early this morning for Skyrim.

Added it to the 2014 finished club:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post79
Just finished Soul Gambler two times in a row

It's a short (1hour for the first playthrough) visual novel inspired by the novel "Faust" by Goethe. There are some obligatory scenes but the game is worth playing at least 2 times because depending on the choices you make, you can access different scenes and insights of the story. I also liked the clean art style and it's entirely playable on a touch-screen (windows 8 powered). Got it on Indiegamestand for 1$ when it was launched but it's still on sale for 2$:
https://indiegamestand.com/store/968/soul-gambler/