It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

awalterj: Simon the Sorcerer 2 is a top notch adventure game.
kalirion: I didn't like Simon the Sorcerer 2 primarily because Simon somehow became a complete and utter ass since his first outing. Just couldn't stand the guy. And this is while I find Rufus hilarious.
I'm still stuck in Deponia 1... so far Rufus or anything else in the game hasn't made me laugh but I do like the game, it's right up my alley with its item based puzzles..
As for Simon, at first it bothered me too that he had become such an asswipe but then I realized this is not an RPG where I make my own choices, this is a classic point & click adventure game with a preset character and a given path to follow so if I do and say questionable things in the game, it's just Simon being a douche and not me. Anyway, I think douchebag Simon is a lot more interesting than a goodie-two-shoes hero because Simon doesn't even try to be politically correct. My only gripe is that his sarcasm is no longer funny in the second game, it's become cynical and hurtful rather than well humored. But the puzzles are more challenging than in the 1st game so all in all I prefer the 2nd game even if it's giving me a hard time to finish.
Gargoyle's Quest

Gameboy game. Starring Firebrand, the notoriously obnoxious boss from Ghosts and Goblins, this is basically a platforming type of game, although for some reason the platforming areas are separated from one another by an RPG-style overworld with random combat. It was fun enough, but super short. Like, beat it in a single leisurely evening, short. Its main claim to fame, from my point of view, is that it would give rise to two sequels, the second of which, Demon's Quest, is an excellent SNES game.

Eye of the Behollder

I finally beat this game into submission, but I didn't enjoy doing it. I know to some people this game is a great classic, and hey, different strokes, but I found it dreary and unpleasant. Carefully and tediously mapping a twelve-floor dungeon while occasionally stopping to engage in irritating and poorly-conceived combat. The combat is usually pathetically easy, thanks to game mechanics that allow you to literally move in circles around your enemies, constantly hitting them as they turn around to try to face you, but occasionally takes a break from that to be grossly unfair--turn around a corner and oh shit, mind flayer paralyzes your entire party; might as well reload. On an individual level (ho ho), the dungeon levels could be interesting, but there were so many of them, and you always knew that the "reward" for clearing a level would be to do it again with the next one, and uggghhhhh. Might and Magic was a larger game, but understood the value of breaking the game world up into various types (overland, castles, caves, etc) so that you never spent so much time in any given place that it became tedious.

The last boss of Eye of the Beholder, by the way, is a beholder. Sorry, was that a spoiler? Anyway, I want to share the last-boss experience, as being pretty typical with my experience with this game. A beholder, for non-D&D types, is a kind of super-monster; it's immune to all magic, and can use death magic and disintegration magic at will, as well as other various powerful attack abilities. The beholder always gets to go first in this game, so the first step of beating the beholder is to reload until he doesn't start out by massacring your party. What you're supposed to do is use a certain magic wand (the one magic item in the game that effects it), which knocks it back a space, to try to push it into a trap. After that failed spectacularly and repeatedly. I tried Plan B; luring it into a room, and dancing around it as I described above. That worked better, but eventually I'd make a mistake, and then half my party would be dead. So I finally devised Plan C. The door leading up to the room with the beholder in it can be opened on either side, but if you leave the room--while desperately running away from a beholder, for example--it closes behind you. When that happens, you're safe, because the beholder might be a death-magic wielding superboss, but it still can't open the doors of its home. So.

1. Run away.
2. Open the now-closed door. The beholder is randomly wandering around the room, and doesn't react to you.
3. When it appears two spaces in front of you, run into the room, whack it once, and then run backwards out of the room. The automatic door will safely close to protect you before the beholder can turn around.
4. Repeat Steps 2 & 3, and destroy the beholder without it ever managing to attack you.

You can import your party into Eye of the Beholder 2, which I also own (I picked up a collection of a bunch of Gold Box games at some point, which includes the EotB trilogy among others), but ... maybe later. Much later.
BadDecissions: You can import your party into Eye of the Beholder 2, which I also own (I picked up a collection of a bunch of Gold Box games at some point, which includes the EotB trilogy among others), but ... maybe later. Much later.
Honestly, I believe Eye of the Beholder 2 is a much better game. Though there's this one really annoying area... But it's still by far the best of the trilogy.

EoB 3 you can do without, just play some Dungeon Hack instead :)
awalterj: Simon the Sorcerer 2 is a top notch adventure game.
kalirion: I didn't like Simon the Sorcerer 2 primarily because Simon somehow became a complete and utter ass since his first outing. Just couldn't stand the guy. And this is while I find Rufus hilarious.
Yep, the humour in Simon 2 really became a lot more obnoxious - a lot more innuendo, a lot of nasty remarks towards other characters, a lot of gratuitous 4th wall breaking. And that beach scene was unnecessarily harsh =/
Finished Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes a couple of days ago on my PSVita. Got it from the free games offered monthly to the subscribers of the Playstation Plus system. I already had it on Steam (in a bundle or a sale, I think), but the first Lego Batman game was so bad in the handling department that I had given up. It was surprisingly good on the PSVita, so I might give the first one another try someday. Now I'm trying to get all the achievements, and I might do the same soon for the other Lego games I own on PC ;)

So far in 2014: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
I just finished Cargo!: The Quest For Gravity - it's.. so... weird in a bouncy, happy way but possibly the most deranged game I've ever played! Recommended as a unique gaming experience though, especially if you like kicking naked, bald dwarfs until them explode in fountains of flowers and confetti - there's a lot of that goes on, no kidding!

BTW turns out that if you let too many of these 'buddies' die throughout THE WHOLE GAME you get the bad ending - needless to say, even though its only about 10hrs long, I'm not doing all that again just to get the good ending!

I'd like to see it though - I've checked 3 or 4 YouTube playthroughs and they all end on the bad ending so if you know a link please let me know!

Full list
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post64
Post edited August 23, 2014 by Fever_Discordia
Megarace 1 (8:20pm 22rd august)

What was that ? Its not a racing game nor is it a shooting game. Its is something but one thing for sure it is boring and boring. Lance Boyle is good but everything else is just meh just meh. If it is a racing game it makes no sense, if it is ashooting game it is too easy, if its something else then I don't get it. Again What was that? I went in thinking raciong game and I have came out not knowing what it is. I must of missed something in this thing.
BadDecissions: Gargoyle's Quest

snip... would give rise to two sequels, the second of which, Demon's Crest (ftfy), is an excellent SNES game.
So true!
It had a "metroidvania" gameplay (with several open levels you could select while flying around in the Demons' world) *before* the term even existed, an excellent dark-gothic art style full of originality, many diferent powers to unlock and use to interact with the environment (like climbing, swimming, flying, breathing fire or wind, dashing, becoming hars as a rock etc...), a good level of challenge and an astonishing sountrack. It's really a shame that this game has almost been forgotten...
Austrobogulator: Yep, the humour in Simon 2 really became a lot more obnoxious - a lot more innuendo, a lot of nasty remarks towards other characters, a lot of gratuitous 4th wall breaking. And that beach scene was unnecessarily harsh =/
I don't even remember the beach scene. I do remember him insulting the (wizard's daughter?) multiple times for no reason whatsoever, and later turning the equivalent of a D&D nerd into some object which he later destroys.
BadDecissions: Eye of the Behollder
I also got EotB as part of a collection of gold box games and also didn't enjoy it for the same reasons you have listed. Kudos for you for getting through it! I couldn't do it. I don't think I will try again.
Austrobogulator: Yep, the humour in Simon 2 really became a lot more obnoxious - a lot more innuendo, a lot of nasty remarks towards other characters, a lot of gratuitous 4th wall breaking. And that beach scene was unnecessarily harsh =/
kalirion: I don't even remember the beach scene. I do remember him insulting the (wizard's daughter?) multiple times for no reason whatsoever, and later turning the equivalent of a D&D nerd into some object which he later destroys.
He basically goes out of his way to seriously injure some guy unnecessarily =/
BadDecissions: Eye of the Behollder
htown1980: I also got EotB as part of a collection of gold box games and also didn't enjoy it for the same reasons you have listed. Kudos for you for getting through it! I couldn't do it. I don't think I will try again.
I'd recommend to you also to play EotB2 if you can't get into the first one :)
Torchlight

I had a kind of love/hate relationship with this game.

The visuals were entertaining, but the story-line was basically non existent. Once I had seen the all the different environments and enemies the main dungeon offered, I found myself losing interest pretty quick and I wasn't close to completing it. After what seemed like an eternity grinding my way to the last level of the main dungeon, it became apparent that my character wasn't nearly developed enough to beat the final boss.

Oddly enough, when I had to start completing some of the random maps to advance my alchemist to a decent fighting level, it seemed like I was able to loosen up, enjoy the game, and stop being in such a hurry to finish it.

Will I play all the way through again as a different character type? Probably not. But from what I understand the shadow vault part of the game is an endless dungeon, so I will definitely revisit torchlight again for 30 to 45 minute intervals of zombie\pygmy\spider bashing.

<span class="bold">My 2014 Lis</span>t
Post edited August 23, 2014 by WeR138
WeR138: Torchlight

I had a kind of love/hate relationship with this game.

The visuals were entertaining, but the story-line was basically non existent. Once I had seen the all the different environments and enemies the main dungeon offered, I found myself losing interest pretty quick and I wasn't close to completing it. After what seemed like an eternity grinding my way to the last level of the main dungeon, it became apparent that my character wasn't nearly developed enough to beat the final boss.

Oddly enough, when I had to start completing some of the random maps to advance my alchemist to a decent fighting level, it seemed like I was able to loosen up, enjoy the game, and stop being in such a hurry to finish it.

Will I play all the way through again as a different character type? Probably not. But from what I understand the shadow vault part of the game is an endless dungeon, so I will definitely revisit torchlight again for 30 to 45 minute intervals of zombie\pygmy\spider bashing.
Yes, I found the main campaign of the game rather lacking. There just wan't much motivation in there. But then I switched to Hardcore and had much more fun. There's nothing like the tension of knowing that one mistake can can cost you the character you've been developing for several hours :)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Genesis): Solid beat-em up. The game is pretty mindless and easy, but I like the TMNT setting. I would recommend it for retro beat-em up fans who are looking for a 2 hours coop gaming. 6.5/10

List of all games finished in the last years with best and worst games played in each year