It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kalirion: My thoughts exactly on all counts.
OvaltineJenkins: So I wasn't the only person who thought that the game auto-saved when you walked over a save point. :)
I found out after about 1.5 hours of playing the game on the hardest difficulty when I died and could not continue. I was a little upset, to say the least, but I came back to the game the next day because I did like it.
Yeah, I don't think I was playing on the hardest difficulty though. Still lost 1.5 - 2 hours of progress, but made it up in about 30-40 minutes since I knew where I was going the second time through.

In other news, just beat Soulcaster's campaign. Simple, short, and sweet. Haven't taken the time to beat the challenge missions yet, but I will (unless they prove too challenging anyway)
Post edited April 16, 2013 by kalirion
The Witcher 2

BALDUR'S GATE: THE ORIGINAL SAGA

Baldur's Gate 2

In progress: Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal

Next: Planescape: Torment
kalirion:
So, I just finished level 3...does that technically count as an ending? =|
Finished Tomb Raider yesterday and I totally loved it. Puzzles are a bit lacking but we finally got great fights in a Tomb Raider game and I liked the platforming elements. I also liked the story and the voice acting.

This year :
- Amnesia Fortnight Prototypes
- Brutal Legend
- Host Master and the Conquest of Humor
- Host Master Deux: Quest for Identity
- I Am Alive
- Offspring Fling
- Splinter Cell: Conviction
- Syndicate
- The Blackwell Legacy
- The Cave
- The Darkness II
- The Experiment (Experience 112)
- Tomb Raider
kalirion:
Austrobogulator: So, I just finished level 3...does that technically count as an ending? =|
Seems like it, with the Hyper levels being "newgame+" or something. But I didn't count it like that :)
Hitman Contracts:
I've not heard a whole lot of good about this one actually, most people just say that it is not as good as Hitman 2 or Blood money, but I quite liked it. It was a bit easier than Hitman 2, but I thought it had a really nice atmosphere. The way Agent 47 remembered this really made you realize the difference between his view of the world, and how the world actually is (some of the levels were, at least in term of overall design & mission objectives like some missions from the first game, though they made some major changes to them).
Still, the game was not quite as good as Hitman 2, though still a major improvement over Hitman 1, and overall a really nice game.
Still in my "Alan Wake run", I managed to finish Alan Wake: The Writer DLC

I liked it better than The Signal DLC, which was a little too heavy on the fight side. Not that The Writer hadn't its share of fights, but it seemed less to me, maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, it was a good follow-up and now I think I'm ready for Alan Wake American Nightmare !

So far in 2013 : http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31
xa_chan: Anyway, it was a good follow-up and now I think I'm ready for Alan Wake American Nightmare !
Even as much some of us like Alan wake, don't be fooled too much with that nightmare, it just uses gameplay and has more shooting but doesn't continue that story. Shame.

also i saw some people mentioning DLC's also than original games, would be best if you would say what you thinked about it.. i mean It is not finished games.. They aren't games.. *rants* Son of ****

Ehh.. nothing happened. I follow Gog, I follow some good game.. Usually good games have bad DLC's. I hope that Far Cry 3: Retro or Bloodragon isn't bad or dishonored DLC.. But i'm not in a hurry i think that dishonored is overrated like all Bioshocks.. and yes i played Res evil 6 and liked it. but because some those campaigns were better than Chris's crap. It was fun alright! =P
xa_chan: Anyway, it was a good follow-up and now I think I'm ready for Alan Wake American Nightmare !
Antimateria: Even as much some of us like Alan wake, don't be fooled too much with that nightmare, it just uses gameplay and has more shooting but doesn't continue that story. Shame.

also i saw some people mentioning DLC's also than original games, would be best if you would say what you thinked about it.. i mean It is not finished games.. They aren't games.. *rants* Son of ****

Ehh.. nothing happened. I follow Gog, I follow some good game.. Usually good games have bad DLC's. I hope that Far Cry 3: Retro or Bloodragon isn't bad or dishonored DLC.. But i'm not in a hurry i think that dishonored is overrated like all Bioshocks.. and yes i played Res evil 6 and liked it. but because some those campaigns were better than Chris's crap. It was fun alright! =P
Yeah, I'm not having too high hopes on American Nightmare, after what I read here and there ;) But howlongtobeat.com tells me it's only 4 hours long, so it should be done quite quickly and then I will be able to forget about it :D
Antimateria: Even as much some of us like Alan wake, don't be fooled too much with that nightmare, it just uses gameplay and has more shooting but doesn't continue that story. Shame.

xa_chan: Yeah, I'm not having too high hopes on American Nightmare, after what I read here and there ;) But howlongtobeat.com tells me it's only 4 hours long, so it should be done quite quickly and then I will be able to forget about it :D
It isn't so bad.. I've seen more worse DLC's.. I infact a bit liked it but hoped originally that it would be more, like storywise. More Wake I tells you! =)
I'm kind of ignoring this thread this year, but I just finished something I considered special, so I decided to post.

The game is Metro 2033, and I now put it among the best games I have ever played.

Now, I know many won't agree with me, and that's ok, it's not perfect, but I loved it. It has a somewhat HL2 feeling, combined with an atmosphere comparable to Stalker (and by that, I mean it's as good as a game can get). I have seen comparisons to many other games, even CoD, but the gameplay is actually pretty varied. Some moments can feel CoD-like, very scripted and on-rails (sometimes literally). Some levels are more open, usually the ones you can try to stealth through. Most of the game is like Half-Life 2: linear, but with some room for exploration.

Combine that with a great story and nice characters, and you get a (IMO sadly) overlooked gem. Fortunately, Metro: Last Light is still coming along, and I can't wait for it.*

*Actually, I can wait for a sale =)
Assassin's Creed 1 + 2 - played back to back.
Hotline Miami
System Shock 2
Deus Ex
The Witcher
The Witcher 2 - Iorveth's path

Currently playing The Witcher 2 - Roche's path.
No idea what I'm going to play after that.
Post edited April 26, 2013 by HertogJan
...and with Alan Wake: American Nightmare, my run into Alan Wake's games is finally over!

Very good series overall, I'll definitely wait for Alan Wake 2 if it ever comes out, but I hope Remedy won't take the path they chose in the DLCs and American Nightmare.

While the "base game" could be dubbed "Stephen King: The game", the DLCs and American Nightmare could be dubbed "Stephen King: The Cheesy Game". It's not a bad thing per se, it's just that the atmosphere is quite different in the base game and in its other parts. A little too much fighting, a little not enough scary...

But still a very good series, which I'm definitely happy to have bought here on GOG!

So far in 2013: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31
Angry Birds updated last week with 40 or so new levels. I finished getting 3 stars on all of them today.

Full list is here.