It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
Chandoraa: Not accusing anyone of anything, but that site looks scammy as all $h1t. I'd suggest fellow gognards to exercise extreme caution, if not disregard it entirely.
I could delete my post, is that okay?
Fantasy General is free for the next 48 hrs on the GOG homepage.
Fantasy Generals (GOG) is free again for the next 48 hours

Link

edit: Darn! ninja'd by 01kipper.
Post edited June 16, 2017 by BenKii
One for the Android gamers: highly regarded monster capture RPG Siralim 2 is free from now until the end of the weekend

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thylacinestudios.siralim2
BenKii: Fantasy Generals (GOG) is free again for the next 48 hours

Link

Is it possible to take this game as a gift rather than putting it to your library?
BenKii: Fantasy Generals (GOG) is free again for the next 48 hours

Link

kmcoolice: Is it possible to take this game as a gift rather than putting it to your library?
Only if you have the game already. If you already have the game in your library, GOG will send you the game as a gift code.
kmcoolice: Is it possible to take this game as a gift rather than putting it to your library?
Accatone: Only if you have the game already. If you already have the game in your library, GOG will send you the game as a gift code.
I don't get it. If I have a game already like Eador: Genesis which was a few weeks ago free giveaway for it, and added it to my library, so i can later give that game as a gift even the key of this game was activated to my account? Something I don't understand.

http://imgur.com/YevzHYe

I don't see where is a gift code.
Post edited June 17, 2017 by kmcoolice
kmcoolice: I don't get it. If I have a game already like Eador: Genesis which was a few weeks ago free giveaway for it, and added it to my library, so i can later give that game as a gift even the key of this game was activated to my accounant? Something I don't understand.

Now check the email account that your GOG account is registered to. You should have an email with the code. Remember to check your spam if you cant find it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Cyborg Detonator, Beast Blaster and Zombie Boom are all bundled together for IndieGala's newest mass giveaway. Get it here!
Post edited June 17, 2017 by TheNerdyPlane
kmcoolice: I don't get it. If I have a game already like Eador: Genesis which was a few weeks ago free giveaway for it, and added it to my library, so i can later give that game as a gift even the key of this game was activated to my accounant? Something I don't understand.

TheNerdyPlane: Now check the email account that your GOG account is registered to. You should have an email with the code. Remember to check your spam if you cant find it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Cyborg Detonator, Beast Blaster and Zombie Boom are all bundled together for IndieGala's newest mass giveaway. Get it here!
I checked spam, it's nothing in there. There are some letters inbox when i got Saint's Row 2, Eador: Genesis, Mount and Blade in GOG's free giveaway events.

Here examples of letters:

http://imgur.com/qEs8UUa

When I pressed the button "Get it here", just like it shows now on Fantasy General game page - http://imgur.com/NPmkuD4 , games at one dash appeared in my GOG's collection/library without asking me about having a game as a gift code. My question is: how can i have a game as a gift code when it directly is put in my GOG collection? I talking about these games which appear in GOG's free giveaway events.
kmcoolice: My question is: how can i have a game as a gift code when it directly is put in my GOG collection?
If it added it to your game library, then you should be able to contact support to convert it to a gift code as long as you haven't downloaded it yet.
kmcoolice: My question is: how can i have a game as a gift code when it directly is put in my GOG collection?
BenKii: If it added it to your game library, then you should be able to contact support to convert it to a gift code as long as you haven't downloaded it yet.
But this thing happens to me when I pick games in Steam which are in free giveaway events. Like example Payday 2 was for free for sometime. I pressed button "add this game to library" and instantly appeared in my Steam library without asking me having a game as a gift code. My point is: how can i have a game as a gift code when it directly is put in my Steam/GOG collection? I talking about these games which appear in Steam/GOG free giveaway events, not about games that cost.
kmcoolice: But this thing happens to me when I pick games in Steam which are in free giveaway events. Like example Payday 2 was for free for sometime. I pressed button "add this game to library" and instantly appeared in my Steam library without asking me having a game as a gift code. My point is: how can i have a game as a gift code when it directly is put in my Steam/GOG collection? I talking about these games which appear in Steam/GOG free giveaway events, not about games that cost.
For most of these giveaways, there is no option to only choose a gift code. It will always add the game to your library unless you already own it, in which case, Gog will give you a gift code instead. Steam doesn't do this for their giveaways to the best of my knowledge.
BenKii: If it added it to your game library, then you should be able to contact support to convert it to a gift code as long as you haven't downloaded it yet.
However they mostly won't do this if the item in question was a freebie.
kmcoolice: But this thing happens to me when I pick games in Steam which are in free giveaway events. Like example Payday 2 was for free for sometime. I pressed button "add this game to library" and instantly appeared in my Steam library without asking me having a game as a gift code. My point is: how can i have a game as a gift code when it directly is put in my Steam/GOG collection? I talking about these games which appear in Steam/GOG free giveaway events, not about games that cost.
BenKii: For most of these giveaways, there is no option to only choose a gift code. It will always add the game to your library unless you already own it, in which case, Gog will give you a gift code instead. Steam doesn't do this for their giveaways to the best of my knowledge.
So these people who in GOG's (General) Trading Thread say they own available keys of Saint's Row 2, Eador: Genesis, Mount and Blade because these games copies are in their GOG library too before free giveaways happened. I thought reading people posts and wondering how they have separate game keys as a gift codes and I don't.
kmcoolice: So these people who in GOG's (General) Trading Thread say they own available keys of Saint's Row 2, Eador: Genesis, Mount and Blade because these games copies are in their GOG library too before free giveaways happened. I thought reading people posts and wondering how they have separate game keys as a gift codes and I don't.
Right, they most likely already owned the game and so when they clicked on the "claim" button during the freebie period, they were given a gift code instead.
Post edited June 17, 2017 by BenKii