It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
low rated
Eventice: Not really... Imagine waking with a gasp just a few minutes after the sale deadline, wondering how the cluck I could miss this opportunity, then hating profusely, spazzing out on the floor, gnawing on chair legs and being in a self-loathing mode since. A sad gormless panda. LOL

Btw, I don't get the downvoting - isn't this the thread where people with extra keys (oftentimes soon expiring) come to gift them to their fellow appreciative community members? And the latter may as well voice their wishes? What's wrong with that...

Oh, I went thru my recent orders and see an extra Ziggurat expiring June 25th, if anyone's interested.
In addition to a lot of great people, there are sadly also a lot of immature douchey trolls around here who apparently think it's funny to downrep people for doing exactly what the thread is for.

I also have a key for Ziggurat. It expires on the 24th, though. I donated it to the community giveaway, and it's a freebie, so even if you wouldn't normally qualify for the giveaway, you can still get it from there. If nobody requests and redeems it by the 21st, I'm going to try to give it away here or in the expiring codes thread. All you have to do is ask for it in the giveaway thread, though.
Post edited June 19, 2018 by finkleroy
timmy010: hitman episode 1 was given free in winter. episode 2 was given free in spring. hitman 2 has been announced. chances are we will see episode 3 given free in a couple of days (21st).
You mean this spring? Damn i missed it.
high rated
Eventice: Btw, I don't get the downvoting - isn't this the thread where people with extra keys (oftentimes soon expiring) come to gift them to their fellow appreciative community members? And the latter may as well voice their wishes? What's wrong with that...
No. This is the thread were you give a heads up whenever a third party site is doing a temporary giveaway, like Indiegala, Humble, Steam free weekends and the such. But from time to time, and especially during big sales, it gets inundated by key drops, so I couldn't blame you for thinking otherwise.

This is the thread you're looking for.
Torch Cave 2 is free on Indiegala.
https://www.indiegala.com/store
Post edited June 19, 2018 by PMPMGamer
Quake Champions free on steam
Eventice: Btw, I don't get the downvoting - isn't this the thread where people with extra keys (oftentimes soon expiring) come to gift them to their fellow appreciative community members? And the latter may as well voice their wishes? What's wrong with that...
muntdefems: No. This is the thread were you give a heads up whenever a third party site is doing a temporary giveaway, like Indiegala, Humble, Steam free weekends and the such. But from time to time, and especially during big sales, it gets inundated by key drops, so I couldn't blame you for thinking otherwise.

This is the thread you're looking for.
I said this multiple times (to others). But according to the OP you are unfortunately wrong.
"Since it is getting a bit crowded here is one central topic for free (temporary) keys giveaways.
Also feel free to post/share any spare keys for those that don't have Facebook or missed it"

Not a single word about third party sites. These free keys and spare keys therefore could as well originate from GOG itself. So if people read the OP (which they are supposed to do before posting in any thread) it's also understandable that they might think this is the correct thread to do so. So people are downvoting without any reason. Also - even if this should be the wrong thread (and yes, since the OP was posted a long time ago this thread turned to have the main purpose to mostly just point out free giveaways from third party sites - so this is correct as well) it would be much more constructive to simply tell them why they are wrong than to just downvote their posts. As you could see, at least some of the users that got downvoted did not get WHY this was the case. So without any explanations and without the users having posted pretty bad or insulting things it's kind of understandable they are confused as to why they are getting downvoted.
Post edited June 19, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: ...
Completely agree about the pointlessness of downvoting without providing any explanation. That's simply Bad Pedagogy 101.

However, and as it has been extensively demonstrated in the GOG/Non-GOG Community Giveaway threads, the contents of the OP are simply irrelevant. Nobody reads them, especially in threads as huge and long-lived as this one. So yeah, even though the OP "set the rules" back in July 2014, the fact is that there already existed a Ninja Giveaway post (and a v2.0, on top of that) back then, so I don't think it's a bad idea to encourage to use that one for code drops.

That said, I know it's a lost battle so I don't really care what people do. I was simply explaining to Eventice the likely reason for the downvoting.
muntdefems: That said, I know it's a lost battle so I don't really care what people do. I was simply explaining to Eventice the likely reason for the downvoting.
Understood and accepted.
But if we really don't care at all about any rules - because nobody is reading them - why are we making them in the first way ;)
Barclay: The Marrowdale Murder, Rage Parking Simulator 2016, Sleengster, Sleengster 2, Torch Cave, Torch Cave 2 giveaway https://www.indiegala.com/store#giveaway

All removed games though
muntdefems: the contents of the OP are simply irrelevant. Nobody reads them, especially in threads as huge and long-lived as this one.
Especially in very long threads many people first look in the OP to see what is "allowed" and what is not. So the only solutions I see to solve this problem are: a) start a new thread; b) find a moderator/admin who is willing to edit the OP accordingly; c) accept that during sales people will post codes.

Because we can discuss this topic as long and often as we want - with every new GOG sale there will again be many people who share their codes here ...
Post edited June 20, 2018 by Geddes17
Geddes17: Especially in very long threads many people first look in the OP to see what is "allowed" and what is not.
You obviously don't follow the Community Giveaway threads. xD

As for the rest, and as I said before, I don't care what people do or don't in this thread, so I go with c).
Post edited June 19, 2018 by muntdefems
muntdefems: You obviously don't follow the Community Giveaway threads. xD
Well ... you're right with that! So I guess people there usually don't look in the OP? In that case maybe my use of the phrase "many people" was far-fetched and should be replaced by "some people" ... ;-)
Geddes17: Well ... you're right with that! So I guess people there usually don't look in the OP?
Exactly. The regulars don't read the OP because they already know how they work, and most of the newcomers go straight to the last page and ask for a game isn't even in offer. Best case scenario they ask how do those threads work, even though the OP with the rules has been stickied at the top of each page (or used to be in the Non-GOG thread).
high rated
Free permanent copy of Swords & Soldiers HD! https://store.steampowered.com/app/63500/Swords_and_Soldiers_HD/
Geddes17: Well ... you're right with that! So I guess people there usually don't look in the OP?
muntdefems: Exactly. The regulars don't read the OP because they already know how they work, and most of the newcomers go straight to the last page and ask for a game isn't even in offer. Best case scenario they ask how do those threads work, even though the OP with the rules has been stickied at the top of each page (or used to be in the Non-GOG thread).
Wait - what. It became unstickied AGAIN? Zeo should stop editing the OP (since it becomes unsticky at this moment). Guess I will have to tell Judas about this AGAIN. Thanks for telling.
Post edited June 20, 2018 by MarkoH01