It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
HeDanny: You dare reveal the secret to my scorcery!? You ... you.... big meanie!

It may not be either anyway. Algorithim has already been done. Beat Blaster is not part of the developers bundle. That is how I picked TCftM over Beat Blaster.

Still, I'm going to put my prediction down for Beat Blaster anyway. If we are wrong, we are wrong together.
Btw that bundle costs now less then the bundle of just 4 of their games
HeDanny: Using my genius level deduction skill, I predict that the next indie gala give-away (or at least one in the not too distant future) will be They Came from the Moon.

You heard it here first.
HeDanny:
HeDanny: Totally called it. Yep. I'm just that good.
But you know who else is a genius? This dev.
They spend 10 hours creating each of these "games", then sell them for $0.20, which people buy for the sole purpose of getting the money back through trading cards. Finally when sales slow down they give away tens of thousands of copies only to generate more card transactions.
According to Steam, each card is being sold more than 300 times per day, multiply that times 9 (number of cards in a set) times 10 (number of games) times 0.01 (Steam community market fee the dev gets for each transaction) and you get $270 per day. That's not bad for passive income.
I'm seriously considering picking up Unity and MS Paint and start creating "games" like these.
Post edited June 26, 2016 by Pardinuz
Pardinuz: But you know who else is a genius? This dev.
They spend 10 hours creating each of these "games", then sell them for $0.20, which people buy for the sole purpose of getting the money back through trading cards. Finally when sales slow down they give away tens of thousands of copies only to generate more card transactions.
According to Steam, each card is being sold more than 300 times per day, multiply that times 9 (number of cards in a set) times 10 (number of games) times 0.01 (Steam community market fee the dev gets for each transaction) and you get $270 per day. That's not bad for passive income.
I'm seriously considering picking up Unity and MS Paint and start creating "games" like these.
The world is your oyster if you're a con man.
Pardinuz: ...
And that is the reason why I stopped to buy blindly every "cheap" bundle. In case there is only one of those scammer games included, I stay away. I rather pay full price for a game I really want.
Pardinuz: ...
gixgox: And that is the reason why I stopped to buy blindly every "cheap" bundle. In case there is only one of those scammer games included, I stay away. I rather pay full price for a game I really want.
The sad part is you don't even have to buy it. Every time you activate a giveaway key and sell a card from Zonitron Productions, Digital Homicide and other Steam shovelware developers you're still contributing to their $10k/month passive income.
And that's one reason I don't do those giveaways either :)
My HDs are full with games hardly worth the download. But I needed some time to learn that.
Well at least the GooCubelets games seem to get a positive vibe, so Not all he does is utter garbage.

Anyways, you can't blame him for trying, blame the steam "community" for allowing those "games" to get out of GreenLight.
https://gleam.io/IVFvu/outrage
"Free" Outrage (Steam)
Personally, I Don't mind at all. I am one of the (legion?) few people on Steam who actually enjoys collecting cards This guy, and the many others like him, help me with that. I get something "free", they make some not insignificant pocket money.

Yes. If I was smart (and talented?) enough to work out how to use unity and MS paint I would totally be all up ons as well. The only problem is I'd want to make something that had at least an attempt of substance. Even if it was a walking simulator that lasted five minutes. As long at it didn't feel like a wasted five minutes I would be fine with giving that away for "free" and making a few cents on the deal.
Pardinuz: https://gleam.io/IVFvu/outrage
"Free" Outrage (Steam)
This one actually has a positive overall (even though only 30 bothered rating it). Too bad it already ended
http://www.digitalhomicide.ninja/
"Free" Starship: Nova Strike (Steam)
Post edited June 28, 2016 by Pardinuz
Just a heads up, Nox is still free on Origin. And Prince of Persia: Sands of Time on Uplay.
I've been sitting on a SimCity 2000 key, but I can't find anyone who wants it, so I'll post it here.

YT7F09DD8F1913

Warning that it says it will work, but is due to expire on the 30th of June, so whoever wants it act fast.
https://gleam.io/M6CIu/17000-super-blue-fighter-steam-keys-giveaway
"Free" Super Blue Fighter (Steam)
Post edited June 28, 2016 by Pardinuz
high rated
SPACECOM (Humble DRM-Free Download) is free right now for Humble's new Bundle. Go to the link, scroll down the page a bit, and give them your email address to receive your free gift.

Link

edit: Besides the Windows installer, it also comes with an Android, Linux, and Mac OS X versions for free.
Post edited June 28, 2016 by BenKii