It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pookina: This is all nice and dandy, until I'm subject to the rule of Don't Edit Your Posts™️, then I'm kinda screwed.
One of the pleasures of being a mod is the ability to edit your posts and then mock the players for not being able to do so the same. ;)
I call for your attention! Properly this time!

A_Future_Pilot: ...
cristigale: ...
yogsloth: ...
gogtrial34987: ...
Post edited June 05, 2020 by Pookina
PREPOST EDIT - okay not feeling good about what I've written here but it is my natural anxiety about the way what I say will be recieved. I should trust you guys more but I panic. I'm gonna post it because it's important, but also worry about it for the next 6 hours at least. Here we go.

Carradice: Although I hear that rape jokes are a novelty from #66.
We've still not heard Cadaver's take on the situation, and we haven't done anything to invite Cadaver into the conversation. With that in mind, the term rape jokes, whether accurate or not, may be antagonistic or hurtful.

I'm a bit ashamed that I have stayed removed from the event and the conversation about it as I have. I was upset by the things Cadaver wrote, and I wasn't sure how to address them in a way that would be productive. I used the fact that there was a game going which nessecitated a degree of impartiality from me as an excuse to remain distant.

So, I think it may be helpful to try and break down what was upsetting about the jokes Cadaver made, making an attempt to talk about it with Cadaver, rather than talking about Cadaver.

The description was of a(n implicitly young) woman being theatened with having her clothers forcibly removed in an explicitly sexual way, and after the threat had been responded to, being slapped hard on the bare behind.

I'm gonna link to the relevant posts for the purposes of clarity.
initial threat
Pooka's response
description of violence

Reading them it is clear that the intention is playful, and Pooka is not meant to feel threatened. The issue is that this was a description of an unprovoked sexual threat and violence.

- pooka's response is playing along; there is an implicit consent, does this make it okay?
No: Implicit consent is dangerous waters, there should be mutual trust and agreement that is not seen between these two characters, but that's getting onto a different discussion: Pooka doesn't have the right to decide what is acceptable behaviour in general.

-so why is this about women and men in general, and not the characters Pookie Mustard and Cadaver Slim?

1 - the only apparent justification for this approach was Pooka's female identity. Pooka's not recieved threats of violence, sexual or otherwise, playful or otherwise, in any game where he has had a male role.

2 - violence against women and sexual violence is a common injustice across the globe, and one that is often ignored, or seen as normal. As an isolated incident, this behaviour between two equal adults isn't necessarily problematic, but in the context of an ongoing trend of violence and disrespect for women and alongside the common perception that a woman doesn't have ownership of her own body, then it becomes an image that should not go unchallenged.

^ This is my personal response. I'm not speaking on behalf anyone else. I've struggled a lot to put this into words and I'm not very satisfied with what I've got, but I think it goes some way to identifying an issue. Sorry for the sort of rambling approach.

Cadaver747:
Cadaver, I've pinged you here because there's a discussion going on and I want you to feel that you have a place in this discussion. Most of all I want you to feel that you aren't being treated unfairly, and that you are being given the opportunity to be heard.
Carradice: You take it right.

Maybe another time. #64 was fun, but after that the overall atmosphere has changed for the worse. Maybe #64 was the exception and the other games the rule. Although I hear that rape jokes are a novelty from #66.
No, #64 was fairly normal as atmosphere goes. I noticed the change too and I'm hoping we'll be back on track soon. Your presence would help bring it back in that direction! After all, the atmosphere is determined by the combination of players.

As for the other bit, see Joe's post.

Pookina: This is all nice and dandy, until I'm subject to the rule of Don't Edit Your Posts™️, then I'm kinda screwed.
Bookwyrm627: One of the pleasures of being a mod is the ability to edit your posts and then mock the players for not being able to do so the same. ;)
You can just edit the rules in the OP to allow... well whatever you want.

JoeSapphire: PREPOST EDIT - okay not feeling good about what I've written here but it is my natural anxiety about the way what I say will be recieved. I should trust you guys more but I panic. I'm gonna post it because it's important, but also worry about it for the next 6 hours at least. Here we go.
That was well written despite it being a difficult and messy topic to address. I completely agree with you, both about the problem and the importance of Cadaver's voice being heard.
Post edited June 05, 2020 by SirMrFailRomp
Dear All!

Carradice is right: I ruined the atmosphere, but maybe not since my first entry in Stanley Hotel. Just in case it's not an irony or a sarcasm.

That joke in last GOG Mafia game was out of place, and it was not funny even, but it wasn't supposed to be funny. For some reason I can't seem to understand how it's a *rape joke*, there was no intercourse involved, enuendo maybe, spanking was definitely present as a *punishment* for hard anti-town move.

I also disagree with strong implication made that I was being aroused by that and that I have ignored lonzi's *WTF* post. Because a) no, I wasn't aroused by that at all (and I can elaborate on it needed be) and b) I have not ignored it and even stated that crossing the line is out of the question meaning I know when to stop, because I consider myself an adult and moderately well educated person with considerable level of intelligence (not a complete dumb if you will).

As for the violence, I'm against violence vs both males and females, and transgender persons. I'm also against violence towards animals and even some plants. And for some reason I think that many of us don't really understand the conception of violence. That joke was explicit but it was not violent in any way in my opinion.

Here is a documentary on what violence truly is (warning, age restricted):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gqwpfEcBjI

But to make matters better for everyone (or worse for some) I voluntarily banish myself from GOG Mafia games for a year, till 4th of June 2021.
I even asked a fellow GOG staff member to block me from forums for a month and he agreed to it upon my request which I'm to make right after that post.

I know it'll look childish or even hysterical but in end it will benefit all parties involved.
That last game was different because I was on edge (I had my reasons) but it can't justify my actions in any way.

Till next time and thank you for your kindness (again, no sarcasm).

I suggest we close this topic, nothing will change what had happened.

Best regards,
Cadaver von Mandersch
Why am I pinged?

Am I supposed to opine on the butt-spanking silliness above?
Post edited June 05, 2020 by yogsloth
yogsloth: Why am I pinged?

NO THANKS

Carradice: ...
Pookina: I take it you're not playing?

A_Future_Pilot: ...
Pookina: Any of you up for another game?
It was a second attempt at this failed ping. Sign up for the new game!

No. Just asking if you're game for next game!
Cadaver747: ..............

I consider myself an adult

Well, you've got me beat.
The spanking jokes were cringy, but I think you guys are making a bigger deal out of it than it is. Regardless, this would have been better handled over private message rather than shaming him in public.
Cadaver747: Carradice is right: I ruined the atmosphere, but maybe not since my first entry in Stanley Hotel. Just in case it's not an irony or a sarcasm.
Since there are allusions... I have no knowledge of any post where I might have suggested that "Cadaver has ruined the atmosphere" in the two past games. Actually his name has not been even mentioned in any of my posts. Plus, the incident Joe referred to happened on the last game.
Trent is back. You might join as well. Now or eventually.
Post edited June 05, 2020 by Carradice
Cadaver747: But to make matters better for everyone (or worse for some) I voluntarily banish myself from GOG Mafia games for a year, till 4th of June 2021.
I even asked a fellow GOG staff member to block me from forums for a month and he agreed to it upon my request which I'm to make right after that post.
It's regrettable that you feel the need to banish yourself over a silly joke. I hope you reconsider, because we desperately need all the players we can get.
Some selling points for the Pooka's game:

Edit: moved to the signup thread proper.
Post edited June 05, 2020 by Carradice
Cadaver747: Carradice is right: I ruined the atmosphere, but maybe not since my first entry in Stanley Hotel. Just in case it's not an irony or a sarcasm.
I don't think Carradice was referring to you when he was talking about the atmosphere.

Cadaver747: But to make matters better for everyone (or worse for some) I voluntarily banish myself from GOG Mafia games for a year, till 4th of June 2021.

I know it'll look childish or even hysterical but in end it will benefit all parties involved.
That last game was different because I was on edge (I had my reasons) but it can't justify my actions in any way.

Till next time and thank you for your kindness (again, no sarcasm).
Obviously you can leave if you want to, but please don't feel it's necessary or what anyone wants.
Cadaver747: But to make matters better for everyone [...]
SirMrFailRomp: Obviously you can leave if you want to, but please don't feel it's necessary or what anyone wants.
+1