It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please move anymore discussion of violence or sexual behavior to a private chat elsewhere, enough has been said here.
yogsloth: After finishing up back-to-back 60 player and 40 player games

(I was a wolf in both)

(We won both)

I'm a little burned out

can put me as a sub

but fair warning

I might smack somebody's ass

if I feel so inclined
Your
haiku
has
the
wrong
number
of
lines
JoeSapphire: Nobody should feel ashamed - I'm trusting in our ability to voice our opinions publicly without anybody being victimised or belittled. I'm proud that we can have a difficult conversation like this as a community.
LASER97: I would feel ashamed too. There are serious negative implications that having this "conversation" publicly invites. Sending him a private message that you were uncomfortable would have been just as effective, and probably not driven him away.
:0
no sorry.

What I mean is, sorry for causing upset. I too would like to move on now.
TheGOGfather: Please move anymore discussion of violence or sexual behavior to a private chat elsewhere, enough has been said here.
I agree and will mostly** be dropping it.

(**=More like fully....unless someone has comments that they want replies to/questions to ask)

==========================
==========================

Now that that's over, anyone up for some tea? A nice biscuit? Or would scones and such be more appropriate?
Post edited June 06, 2020 by GameRager
yogsloth: After finishing up back-to-back 60 player and 40 player games

(I was a wolf in both)

(We won both)
40, 60 seems cozy.

Did you make it to the end?

yogsloth: but fair warning

I might [REDACTED] somebody's [REDACTED]

if I feel so inclined
I see. I see. I see.
Carradice: ...
Pookina: I take it you're not playing?

A_Future_Pilot: ...
Pookina: Any of you up for another game?
No, not at this time. I love playing with all of you but I spend too much time on the game when I should be doing other things. You can put me down as another sub. Best of luck with your game!

I can't seem to fix the quotes by editing so lets just tack this onto the end...

No, not at this time. I love playing with all of you but I spend too much time on the game when I should be doing other things. You can put me down as another sub. Best of luck with your game!
Post edited June 08, 2020 by cristigale
<sigh> That was a mess.

@pooka

Carradice: Did you make it to the end?
In the 60 player game, I did not make it to the very end because I very strategically suicided and surprise hammered myself, throwing town into confusion and going a long way towards causing them to mis-lynch the rest of the way in.

In the 40 player game, I made it almost to the end but my entire team decided to inexplicably bus me right at the goal line and almost lost the game. We *should* have lost the game, except both sides were in a race to see who could throw the game in the trash can the fastest, and Town managed to screw it up even worse than we did.

ON AN UNRELATED NOTE

The good people at MU have decided to officially retire the word "lynch" from the mafia vocabulary. It's been a long time coming, and of course nobody can truly enforce a vernacular change... it takes the masses to embrace a change like that... but all official references to the word will be removed from modbot, and even the site's logo will be changed to remove the noose image.

I totally support this.

Nobody really knows exactly what term will replace it. (I think I like "kick" at this moment, but that ain't really that great.) I'd encourage us to maybe follow suit and see if we can come up with an alternative as well.
yogsloth: Nobody really knows exactly what term will replace it. (I think I like "kick" at this moment, but that ain't really that great.) I'd encourage us to maybe follow suit and see if we can come up with an alternative as well.
Smite!
Post edited June 08, 2020 by bler144
yogsloth: The good people at MU have decided to officially retire the word "lynch" from the mafia vocabulary. It's been a long time coming, and of course nobody can truly enforce a vernacular change... it takes the masses to embrace a change like that... but all official references to the word will be removed from modbot, and even the site's logo will be changed to remove the noose image.

I totally support this.
I don't**....I think the current term fits the theme of the game and the game itself & doesn't need changing.

(**=of course I don't support the "word carousel" in general, not just in this case[see below])

yogsloth: Nobody really knows exactly what term will replace it. (I think I like "kick" at this moment, but that ain't really that great.) I'd encourage us to maybe follow suit and see if we can come up with an alternative as well.
If people do decide such(on the player level) that's fine with me....though I hope we can use the old terms, and aren't forced to use the new ones.

-------------------------------------------------------

On the "word carousel": Of course the idea of changing terms(in general) can be well intentioned, BUT over time someone will inevitably find the new term(s) offensive for some reason and then the new term will need to be changed....etc. (Note: Carlin of course uses some off color humor some might find objectionable & which might not be work safe...caution is advised)
=============================

bler144: Smite!
I like this one, actually. Mind if I use it in future games? :)
Post edited June 08, 2020 by GameRager
yogsloth: snip
i have already long used the term "lunch" instead of the aforementioned term. the aforementioned term is a valid word and while I am usually against phasing out currently-used words, (given the current unrest) it is perhaps unwise (given nasty historical connotations), so I see where they are coming from.

i'm not going to force anyone to change terms, and i'm not personally bothered by it, but i see why some would be. OTOH, it does fit the "mafiaso" theme of the game.

I don't use it for reasons that are my own and are totally unrelated to anything (similar to Joe's old reasons, yet different)
cristigale: <sigh> That was a mess.

@pooka

Done!

yogsloth: ON AN UNRELATED NOTE

The good people at MU have decided to officially retire the word "lynch" from the mafia vocabulary. It's been a long time coming, and of course nobody can truly enforce a vernacular change... it takes the masses to embrace a change like that... but all official references to the word will be removed from modbot, and even the site's logo will be changed to remove the noose image.

I totally support this.

Nobody really knows exactly what term will replace it. (I think I like "kick" at this moment, but that ain't really that great.) I'd encourage us to maybe follow suit and see if we can come up with an alternative as well.
While I support it, fighting muscle memory is kind of hard. That and the expression just feels so integral to Mafia. Town lynch, Mafia kill. Do wonder where they'll take that though.
Pookina: That and the expression just feels so integral to Mafia. Town lynch, Mafia kill.
Well said.

Pookina: Do wonder where they'll take that though.
So far in the "new" thread on it(they locked one to merge both thread's discussions into one thread) they have come up with around a half dozen or so new terms, some of which others already think are inappropriate, not good enough, etc.

I like gib and yeet, personally(of the choices offered there so far)....gib sounds good/seems to fit, and yeet is silly but fun sounding.
What a nice weather we have here right now.

Carradice: Self-centric, self-victimizing, self-imposed ban appart, the key points in that post are bull.

The most troubling point is the lack of understanding of the nature of the (fictional) acts depicted. This is what happens when sexual aggression and gender violence are normalized. (1)

Is it that difficult to admit a mistake, then say "OK, I see it now, it will not happen again", then move on?
I like you.

JoeSapphire: no sorry.

What I mean is, sorry for causing upset. I too would like to move on now.
Seriously, you have nothing to be sorry about.

LASER97: There are serious negative implications that having this "conversation" publicly invites.
Negative implications to having public conversation... *sigh*

GameRager: It is a common injustice...the actual acts, that is....not some crude yet silly jokes in a mafia game(which is what they appeared to be, to me).
Joking about such stuff can make it feel like it is something acceptable and can help to normalize it in people minds.