It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Cadaver747: So? The other person could ask about role all day long, it's a common practice to claim such thing on L-2 / L-1. Yeah, it's my 2nd GOG Mafia game but I get that's exactly like that, a common practice not reveal roles until the last moment.
The problem(imo) with that strategy(just saying one is town, sans other info, instead of lying to cover a PR & claiming vanilla) is that the town with a PR could get lynched while away/offline or they could post their PR later on and not be believed...leading to them getting lynched anyways.

And afaik you're right on the method you said being the "accepted" way people do it(at least it is here, afaik).....I still don't think it's the best way to hide a PR when being asked to claim, though.

Cadaver747: If he is a Town and have a role what's the benefit of early lying about being vanilla, why it's any better that to claim Town???
Because if other town believed it and dropped wanting to lynch that town player then that player's PR would be safe, scum likely wouldn't know about it, and the town PR player would still be alive.

(Dunno if the above makes any sense, as sometimes I fail to find the right words to express my intent and ideas.....also to me my idea still seems to make logical sense: i.e. to lie sometimes like that in order to give town advantages)

Cadaver747: I played a few times on iirc channel, it was a long time ago. Still don't get it. What are the odds? Problem is he was good then, he is bad now.
Eh, different sites play games differently sometimes...maybe he's more used to other ways of playing and better suited for them? Or maybe he has off games sometimes? Who knows.

Cadaver747: As I said he is not making much sense, and the worst part is that he is changing his views, almost like Laser. Not at all fishy, right? What good in that special play style? Give me a link in Admin thread for SH if you can, I'll check this out. If you can of course.
Eh, to me his play style seems NAI atm.

(Will post the SH link there in a bit)

Cadaver747: Yes, hah-hah...
(very creepy and frighting emoji > the smile full of hollow emptiness, Cadaver Slim's eyes looking right through the GR, into the depths of his soul, searching like two starving animals for their pray)... you could say that.
Like this kinda emoji? ---> o.0

Cadaver747: Exactly how 2 of them helped the Town? They both voted Micro, the unwise Town, Laser *killed Scene* for fun, so if he is not Mafia, they know for certain who IS NOT a day wig shot, he claimed role out of Scene, so if Scene is not Mafia, they know whom to shot. I'll rephrase for you, because of them: 2 Town died (1 is on Mafia's hands), 2 people claimed roles, 1 people showed he is not a day shooter; and that's not all: they brought so much confusion and they are ready to vote anyone but themselves only to save their lives, they have not provided any good analysis yet they are continuously mentioning about some *phantom* scum hunting. Do you REALLY want Town to have them on board? Do you really think that both of them could be Town?
I want ANY town on board and kept alive if they can help us vote for and lynch scum...regardless of many possible "bad aspects" they might have(barring some exceptions) they might bring to the table/game.

Also dunno if both are town, but let's say we lynch one....should we lynch the other the next game day or what? At some point town need to scum hunt and not just eliminate "bad players" or distractions, and that goes for most games of mafia in general imo.

Cadaver747: Sure is, I can do that.
*Cadaver Slim take another look on GR - there is only death in his eyes, GR shivers uncomfortably*.
Here take this, friend! ;)
*you check your palm and see +1 Mafia point*
Don't I merit at least a few more by now? O.0

----------------------------

(Aside: I also like the way you're adding flavor between us in our back and forth here....very nice to read)
===================================================

Lifthrasil: If he lied about his role, he should die. Lynch all Liars. ... A much better guideline that the mere lynching of lurkers.

If he is Town, he is a very bad player. Pointing out a possible PR is bad for Town. Claiming Vanilla early is bad for Town. And if he isn't even Vanilla, lying is definitely bad for Town.

So either Laser is a very bad player or he is Scum. I prefer to believe the latter.
I get you have your own style, but if I may speak openly I think your LAL/lynch all bad players thing can also hinder town.

Imo town need to do things town don't normally do(as long as it's within the rules or too "bastardy" maybe) to win, especially for any town who claim to be playing to win(I mean in general, not just this game).

I agree 100% that pointing out possible PRs and some of his other actions are suspect(and a bit unwise) though, and if no one better comes up I likely will vote him later on.
=============================================

(Done for now....going out in about a half hour to do IRL stuff, and will be back an hour and a half or more after that)
Pookina: I have no idea what's going on with this game anymore.

We're still in laser and scene? I'm really really tempted to see them both offed today, just to get their things out of the way.
Both? That's not possible.
SirPrimalform: Both? That's not possible.
Very possible. If one of them got dayvigged.
Cadaver747: That is exactly my understanding of things, maybe *lynching ALL liars* is a bit harsh, but all role claimers/requester are uber Anti-Town in my opinion and most likely Mafia or serving the needs of Mafia, even if unknowingly. The latter is almost impossible since they are experience, so they should know better.

That is the reason why I gave GR +1 Mafia point, he is an experience player, he is not stupid to not know that, Pooka even stated that *he has brains* (might be slightly wrong quote) and I saw their scum chat. So GR is looking bad by defending early role claiming for no apparent reason. And it it was about my question to GR, in my place we called it "asking leading questions". I knew the answer all that along.
You mistook me it seems....I also see that as slightly suspect(what laser did re: PRs)....I just don't want to vote them for just that and some other minor things...at least atm. If no one else better comes up(as said in my prior post) I will likely vote them as well and hope for the best.
===============================

If laser wasn't day vig then it is possible, if day vig is someone else and offs one of them.
I just read the sample PM for the dayvig and...their kill command ends the Day and instantly advances into the Night rather than continue the Day. I was going off my memory when bookwyrm was a dayvig recently.

So essentially...it's a Supervote. Nothing better. And thus, not possible as you said.
Pookina: Very possible. If one of them got dayvigged.
Oh, Miss Pookina! You're suggesting a day wig for a second time now. I'm very tempted to grab YOUR.BIG.BUTT...on that beautiful dress of yours and rip it off!
Pookina: I just read the sample PM for the dayvig and...their kill command ends the Day and instantly advances into the Night rather than continue the Day. I was going off my memory when bookwyrm was a dayvig recently.

So essentially...it's a Supervote. Nothing better. And thus, not possible as you said.
What if the day vig did it right at the hammer of the day's lynchee? I wonder....would it count and both of them be offed?
------------------------------------------

@Joe: Joeeeeeeeeeeeeee, what is your reply to the above.....if a day vig day vigged at the exact moment the hammer vote fell would both offings be counted(lynch and vig) or no?
Carradice: Kindly check post #479 to find that I already posted in this game-day, then bumped Cadaver in case he wanted to add more to a short comment of his.
Cadaver747: Yes, you stated:
Carradice: At L-1, Micro is expected to claim a power role in order to prove himself Town.
Cadaver747: Like all the other good Town folk. Why? Or was there something else to it?

>>>Off-topic:
As for the Jesus Christ Superstar, I prefer the original, it was my Jam during my carefree youth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZD9b-NRfN8
It is a musical. Appart from the movies there are live performances, which are the true raison d’être for these works.

The looks in this piece, and other details, suit GOG’s Restaurant, Runyon and Joe Broadway’s stories better.

Did you check the actual subtitles? Hint, hint. Find comment there ^_^ I am betting you that the one in the older movie had different ones.

Did not post them as they are better taken in as a surprise.

Might do it later in case someone wants to sing along, or cannot watch videos because it would be NSFW or any other reason.

(Clue: it goes in the line of Toss a coin to your lyncher, from the Harry Potter game, only with actual subtitles this time).
===========

As per the other news:

The Lift finally showed up. I was expecting a thundering storm about the imposture of a power role. The actual reaction seemed just lukewar, but still he delivered a vote consistent with whis play line. If it stays, it will look all the better for him.

The Cookie started bold, then cooled her heels, as she met strong opposition early. Time will show what her next moves are.

Scenes seems distrated. Especially since people keep saying he is a competent player. Distracted and buying crappy logic. Due to RL issues (I am ready to believe that) or some other resason. But he changed the course. Is it distancing or just waking up to the game.

Walkins, scum or not, is hurting Town. If Town, he is forcing Town to deal with him, instead of focusing on someone else. Scum doing what he is doing might be offering themselves as a lightning rod to protect others in the team. Only that he does not seem to be a team player.

Cristine did not show up, IIRC. Lurked for most of the last game-day, then came in aggressively. She placed a vote on Games O’Rager. I would beg the question of whether she actually played with O’Rager before. If she knows Games, she ought to know that he actually loves writing and interacting, regardless of his alignment. This is the reason why I was buying his RL excuse for being mostly absent on Day 1 (not the case with Lift but I was ready to buy it as well). But Cristine went after him. That seemed a tad opportunistic. She bought Walkins’s and Scenes’s logic, no questions posed. She defused Zeffer’s drive against Walkins, and that is when Walkins really saved his skin on Day one, and Mike the Fish bought lottery tickets for a whole lote of round holes. Now that even Scenes retracted on his prior judgment of Walkins, what will her approach be? Actually, if she is scum, she does not need to be scum with any of them at all. She might have helped Scenes/Walkins survive in order to maintain a distraction, both for the lunch invites and for the (admittedly limited by the number of real game turns) Cop investigative actions. All this is speculative, of course, and she might have good reasons for his actions. Surely she will eventually appear and explain, and even share her views. Did they change? Was O’Rager a placeholder vote, waiting for the proper time to go after someone else?

Zeffer Briilliant player, will be missed. Very nice to have around, too. He was after Walkins, then he got stopped in his tracks by Cristine, who played with the notion of him having a bias against Lazy. When he changed his vote, that bandwagon lost its momentum. Now people has jumped on that same bandwagon. Is it too wild to speculate that he might be vocally considering the merits of said bandwagon, possibly jumping in? I think, that with Zeffer on board, it might have been successful. The question her is: Is it too soon for the interest of the Mob to have Walkins burned? Would not he be more useful as a decoy in the late game?

So, yes, there is a risk that we are being herded, cajoled, fooled, however you want to say it, into following distractions instead of hunting the actual scum. OR is that what they want us to think. Scenes/Walkins might be the plan B for distraction (plan A being taking to lunch someone else like Micro). Although there is always the chance that someone is hiding in plain sight. Especially someone boasting ballsy play.

So, notions incomplete as of now. Anyone is welcome to chime in and offer complementary views.
low rated
(Link above is song by Weird Al....seems appropriate for the setting/location we're in...enjoy, everyone :) )
Please be notified, I posted something here and it was not posted at all. GR made a bump here, also with no result. Be careful with double posting just in case, and save your messages in notepad.
Bump.

Yes, lost some posts in the past. Not fun if they are long.
Pookina: I just read the sample PM for the dayvig and...their kill command ends the Day and instantly advances into the Night rather than continue the Day. I was going off my memory when bookwyrm was a dayvig recently.

Ah yes, I was going to say something similar in reply to your previous post but you've already got it.

GameRager: What if the day vig did it right at the hammer of the day's lynchee? I wonder....would it count and both of them be offed?
------------------------------------------

@Joe: Joeeeeeeeeeeeeee, what is your reply to the above.....if a day vig day vigged at the exact moment the hammer vote fell would both offings be counted(lynch and vig) or no?
They can't happen at the same moment. There's a clear chronology in the thread... Whichever happens first happens first.
Carradice: Yes, lost some posts in the past. Not fun if they are long.
Yeah... a mood kill.

How soon is a continuation of your analysis? Good points on Cristine, the vote on GR was odd even if she had played with him before and genuinely pictured him as Mafia that day.

I still don't get how and why ZFR suddenly changed his mind on Laser. I even suspected him of being Mafia. And his dying (not dying but last) wish was to lynch Scene on D2, but all are we doing now is exactly what I asked for on D1: persecution of Laser, I even asked for a modkill > a *salivating* person, most probably Mafia, how Laser put it. Laser practically saved Scene by *fake kill* on D1 (and we lost 1-2 Town because of him), he is saving him again toDay by doing crazy stuff. But even if they both Mafia we HAVE to find at least one more toDay.

I don't like your analysis on Miss Pookina and Mr. Large the Lift. If Lift is elusive and very silent yet quite aggressive towards *liars*, Pookina said some interesting things (e.g. *if I was a day wig, I would shot you right now*, *we can kill both, lynch one and day wig can shot the other one*), and her dress is SO revealing.

Your Scene analysis almost look like a soft push in clearing him. Hmm? Why would Laser risk his life 2 times for him?

I might have something to add later. (I have something right now, but I want to have a break and for once to use all the words in proper order as much as possible)

You definitely should add analysis on yourself.

Lastly, we have lurkers among us, quite many.

P.S. I re-watched the video, this time with captions ;)))
Cadaver747: Oh, Miss Pookina! You're suggesting a day wig for a second time now. I'm very tempted to grab YOUR.BIG.BUTT...on that beautiful dress of yours and rip it off!
That's. Graphic. You're probably jealous because of my great body, Slimmy. Just get born in a better body next time. Or try transforming into a man. It could work.

Well, cat's out of the bag. Cadaver put it so well. I'm obsessed with the dayvig role for some reason. You see, I wanted to claim today, shoot someone, and then lynch someone else in the same day, preferably both scene and laser, but SirPrimalform knew my role's limitations better than I did. And either way, I talked about the dayvig way too much that the mafia must have picked up the hint. I don't see myself playing the game longer, either because I will be lynched, or because mafia will off me, so...

slyly licking her mouth, Pookie stands up and proceeds to pull a revolver out of her purse, readying it and aiming it

Playtime's over, ladies and gentlemen. I'm very angry, no, pissed off, and I have a bullet to spare. Killing people is fun, you know? It's more fun taking away a person's life than engaging in small talk about lingerie. Especially if they're scum. I, the hot and perverted Miss Pookie Mustard, am the One-Shot Day Vigilante.

Pookina: So, dear Laser. Do you know that you could fake this interaction with scene, right? The fake day kill with him and him claiming "Vanilla." I really really really really really don't like that you faked a vig shot. If I were the vig, you'd be shot.
If nothing convinces me to consider someone to shoot other than Laser, he WILL be shot. I was really tempted to pull that trigger the previous Day, but didn't, thinking there was a better opportunity of sorts. The deadline to convincing me is unknown. I could kill him either five seconds before Day deadline (hypocritical, I know) or five seconds after this post, or anything inbetween. Regardless, one thing is certain. I will kill someone. Can't let my role go to waste after all.

Start the talking.
Pookina: That's. Graphic. You're probably jealous because of my great body, Slimmy. Just get born in a better body next time. Or try transforming into a man. It could work.
You asked for it, woman!
*spanking Pookina buttocks hard* - I want you to know I'm feeling worse than you (and my hand hurts)

What have you done? Laser is half-way lynched anyway, damn it! Do you know what ZFR would have said about it? *What a moronic way to reveal a role!*. And I agree on that completely.