It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
What a complete and utter garbage of a company Hello Games is.

Not only they pull off essentially the same shit as in 2016 (only on a smaller scale) by taking a dump on their customers' heads, they now also indirectly screw over GoG as their business partner.

Sean Murray is a complete wanker. Boycott those Hello Games losers - it will help clean up the gaming business.

GoG on the other hand continue to show why their customers and fans love them. They're one of the few companies in gaming today who give a damn about their customers.
I don't even own NMS (nor am i interested at all) but i wanted to salute GoG for that move. You guys really care for us and that's why we love GoG platform :) Thanks!
roguetr: I'm Australian and I can nearly 99% guarantee that there is no law that will enforce the refund of this game two years after purchase with no justifiable reason other than pre-release hype.
Actually there's plenty of reason on the ACCC refund policy website.

The guidelines state you are entitled to a refund for a "major issue". One of the things they define as a "major issue" is "it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it."

If I'd known the GoG version wasn't going to receive the same update support as the Steam version, I would not have bought it on GoG. That fits the ACCC guideline perfectly. Time passed is irrelevant on a product that does not experience wear and tear. Steam tried to tell Australians they couldn't get a refund after 30 days or 2 hours, or whatever, and they lost that in court, because our laws say we are always entitled to a refund and there is no period of time a company can limit that to outside of our own consumer laws. You sell to Australians, then our law takes priority over any terms and conditions your company tries to do.

It also states "Refunds should be the same amount you have already paid, provided in the same form as your original payment."

So store credit is not lawful, I want my money back in the form I paid it, PayPal refund.

Further reading for any Australians interested: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund
GOG.com: We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
Fuckin' hell; that's some serious customer love you guys got going on there! I said it once I'll say it again; CDPR/Gog is the best AAA dev/publishers on the planet right about now! Thanks for this though I already have the game prior to 1.5 and could give two shits about multiplayer, yet it's nothing short of magnificent that you'd do this for the MMO fans, also; please Gog buy out EA/Valve if you're able!

Also, all those folks that were fuming over Gog's silence over the late upgrade can now feel much more satisfied with Gog!
Post edited July 26, 2018 by takezodunmer2005
I'm sticking to what I said in the NEXT update post so I won't be taking a refund now.

But the fact you folks are doing this is excellent.
It's going way past what is actually required and giving some goodwill back.
Classy of GOG to offer this, though I do hope they allow exceptions for people who find out after the relatively short 4 day period.

ps: Have they confirmed yet whether GOG Galaxy multiplayer will be Galaxy exclusive or crossplay with Steam? considering the statement below I'd imagine this should be well known by now.
Hello Games is however joining forces with GOG.COM to introduce full multiplayer via the GOG Galaxy platform.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by Pheace
stop being this good, it's not your fault at all, screw this game
The problem here is that HG will not devote much effort to update the gog version if there are massive returns and remains few users with a copy in Gog.
As I said in the former post with the NMS update, I value DRM-free stance more than one mishandled game by their own developer.

So I am definitely not going to ask for a refund.

Even more so when you try to satiate the whole situation with your own money.
For which I thank you <3.
meigallodixital: The problem here is that HG will not devote much effort to update the gog version if there are massive returns and remains few users with a copy in Gog.
Perhaps if they get ownership metrics on a regular basis from GOG (which is possible) but the returns in itself won't affect the number of total sales HG has seen since GOG is absorbing it.
Now, that's how companies get a solid customer base. I'm not a GoG NMS owner, yet I'm pleasantly surprised by this move. Thumbs up.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by duxcorvan
Really classy of GOG, though if I buy a game, I keep it, no matter what. That being said, I haven't yet picked up NMS, but I will probably do at some point in the future.
Btw, I wonder, is Galaxy API that different from Steam's, that so many devs struggle with it? Couldn't GOG offer their API wrapped in something that resembles Steam's API closely so that the development effort would be almost zero?
Post edited July 26, 2018 by blotunga
icel: Well it's not "entirely at GOG's own cost" since the refunds are for the GOG wallet, hence they don't lose a dime.
tfishell: I don't see how they don't lose money. My train of logic is this: GOG offers wallet currency, and when somebody gets a new game with the wallet funds, GOG still has to pay the publisher for the purchased game, and the money they use to pay that publisher comes from their own pockets (the wallet funds).
Exactly, it's not like the money GOG got from the initial sales stayed in their pockets, HG already got their share.

If you ask me this fact alone justifies the fact the refund is made via the GOG wallet, they're literally giving out free money, they're at least entitled to recoup their self-imposed losses by making sure they'll sell more games with that.
These kind of moves are the reason GOG is one of the major contenders beside Steam. Not only do these guys stand for a DRM-free revolution, not only does a real, living person respond to you, now they are willing to pay out of pocket to keep the customer base happy.

Most corporations feel like a customer is easily replaceable, they only do things like this for a small percentage that makes a huge fuss. Realizing that having some humanity and humility will serve you better in the long run is an excellent trait for a business that could just as easily tell you to F off.

Good on ya', I know I'm not alone in thinking that here you have a customer for life.
You guys are the shit!

-Oh, P.S. I do own NMS, only played it a couple times and despite the general sour feeling toward it I wasn't entirely disappointed. I have no real interest in multiplayer, but even if I did I would not request a refund out of personal principal. If I had wanted one, I may have even changed my mind just because of this selfless act. Did I mention you guys are the shit?
Post edited July 26, 2018 by whatsnottaken
low rated
Post above may used wrong last word...