It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
Flammablezeus: Multiplayer. Before launch, before Atlas Rises and before the NEXT update. GoG version still doesn't have any of that.
roguetr: There's a big difference between the manufacturer and the retailer, the manufacturer's description and packaging and the retailer's advertising.

If you bought a toaster, you're blaming the retailer for the shade of brown on your toast being a slightly different shade than the one on the box. Actually it's more vague than that, because multiplayer was never actually a documented and advertised feature, before or after release. Although stated in interviews, Sean Murray never entered into a verbal agreement with you to provide it.

Two years after you purchased your toaster, GOG has looked at your toast and the toast on the box and has said "Hey, because we can, how about store credit?".

I'm Australian and I can nearly 99% guarantee that there is no law that will enforce the refund of this game two years after purchase with no justifiable reason other than pre-release hype. Just as they won't enforce the refund of my toaster when I was sincerely expecting an update that would enable it to butter my toast for me.

chenopod: I know the feeling of having patience run out. I hope you get everything you deserve.
roguetr: @chenopod LOL! ;)
Also Australian here. Australian Consumer Law operates on the idea that you are to make your claims in a reasonable amount of time after a fault is discovered. While you may have grounds to claim that the initial game release did not meet expectations based on what the marketing material hyped (Including what Sean Murray said in interviews) within what an average person would consider a reasonable amount of time after initial purchase (not clearly defined but certainly not 2 years) you certainly do not have an unlimited amount of time to do it.

It is extremely generous of GOG to offer this good will gesture, they are under no obligating to provide you a cash refund unless you're explicitly going to claim (and can provide proof, such as having bought the game during the period of time in which the update was being advertised) that you purchased the game with the impressing that the NEXT update was going to apply to the platform you purchased it on.

GOG are not the people you should be upset at here, Hello Games are doing something unethical but not illegal. Be angry at them and remember you're angry at them should they ever release another game.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by phatboy82
phatboy82: While you may have grounds to claim that the initial game release did not meet expectations based on what the marketing material hyped (Including what Sean Murray said in interviews) within what an average person would consider a reasonable amount of time after initial purchase (not clearly defined but certainly not 2 years) you certainly do not have an unlimited amount of time to do it.
I meant to mention the time frame. I believe a refund after two years is not unheard of where a product has not operated as expected within what most would conceive as a reasonable life expectancy, when the product may only have a 12 month warranty.

Plenty of products outside of games have been hyped up to have features that were missing upon release and I doubt the law would see it as grounds for a refund ... it becomes more about individual consumer satisfaction. Luckily a consumer satisfaction scenario like that is covered by the likes of GOG by offering a 30 day refund policy, which could easily be extended, within reason, under Australian law given specific circumstances.

For everything else I completely agree.
See Hello Games? This is what an actual good company does when things go wrong.

Good on you GOG! I will NOT be requesting a refund!
Never thought this game should be multiplayer anyway, so take as long as you want.
It's good to see this offering from GOG.
This will put people to shame that where attacking GOG for something the game designer did. GOG certainly got some undeserved flak here (on top of the flak from those brats that where completely mouth-foaming about the game update releasing a bit later than on other platforms - good grief).

I will not ask for a refund, because I honestly have no iota interest if anything even slightly multiplayer. I bought this game fully aware and expecting that multiplayer was non-existent (or virtually non-existent) in the game. I never got why people where even thinking it would be a kind of MMO-like game, because it was clearly said from the start it would not be (only some remarks about how under certain rare circumstances you could maybe be able to see another player, but nothing more).

Anyway - The offer is nice, but I will keep the game.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by JClosed
This says a lot about GOG for the good, it's something not all companies would do.

After a bit of pillow talk I decided not to ask for the refund. I want to keep my GoG save :)

I hope "later this year" will be sooner than October or December. Until then, I'll make sure to express my voice to Hello Games about this issue, just because all customers are important.

We are important, we matter and we deserve equal treatment on the PC platform same as Steam has.
Well it's not "entirely at GOG's own cost" since the refunds are for the GOG wallet, hence they don't lose a dime.
Thank you GOG.

I was mad when I posted my previous comment here, because after not even having NMS installed for 2 years I see the news of this update.
So I install and update NMS on GOG hoping to finally be able to play with some of my friends. Guess what, still no multiplayer. So yeah... I'm getting a refund from GOG.

I understand it's not GOG's fault if a developer doesn't deliver on what they advertise. So I am not mad at GOG. And thank you again for accepting my refund request.

And for those of you saying that multiplayer was never advertised for NMS... go eat a bag of dicks.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by HMPinto
icel: Well it's not "entirely at GOG's own cost" since the refunds are for the GOG wallet, hence they don't lose a dime.
I don't see how they don't lose money. My train of logic is this: GOG offers wallet currency, and when somebody gets a new game with the wallet funds, GOG still has to pay the publisher for the purchased game, and the money they use to pay that publisher comes from their own pockets (the wallet funds).
Seems I spoke too soon...

I didn't want GOG to bear the cost of a refund, but finding that NEXT not only did not add MP, instead it also added some really annoying bugs... I'm sorry, I want to be rid of this game.

I'll spend all the wallet and additional upcharge on another title that actually feels like a proper designed game...
Very well done GOG with this offer. I didn't buy it here but I'll continue to buy plenty of other games here for sure.
I won't be requesting a refund I just wanted to commend GOG on this policy as the way I see it this could hurt them financially and taking this risk was something I believe sets them above and beyond their competitors.
Very respectable Gog. I didn't fall for NoMan'sSky but Its nice to see you care for the people who were totally bamboozled.
Thanks GOG, you guys are seriously the best! Even though I personally won't be taking up the offer, I think it's a really honourable thing to do, and the people it does matter to quite clearly appreciate it. <3

I just want to see HG step up and do the right thing - by offering Steam keys to anyone who provides them with proof of GOG purchase, to tide them over until the GOG version is fixed. GOG should not have to take the hit because of the dev's actions :c
Need to rename GoG to GGGOG (Good Guy GoG)