It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thank you. I updated the list. Keep them coming! :-)
I would like to propose a new "sub-category" for this thread, moddable singleplayer-games.

Let me explain: There are some games which can be bought on GOG which are single-player games, but can be modded to have DRM-free network-based multiplayer. All the mods should NOT be requiring any DRM/login or Steam to be added to this list. Entries should at least include the name of the mod here. URLs can change, so I would propose just to stick with the name in this thread, searching for the mod is usually very easy.

New proposals for entries (I have tested some of them, but as far as i know all mods allow direct-ip and are DRM-free):
- Caveblazers (moddable with Caveblazers Together)
- Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind (moddable with TES3MP)
- Fallout: New Vegas (moddable with NV:Multiplayer)
- Hollow Knight (moddable with HKMP)
- Jagged Alliance 2 (moddable with Jagged Alliance 1.13)
- Kerbal Space Program (moddable with Luna Mod or DMP)
- Nox (moddable with OpenNox)
- Nuclear Throne (moddable with Nuclear Throne Together)
- Postal 2 (moddable with Sven Co-op)
- Rimworld (moddable with Rimworld Multiplayer)
- Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (moddable with OpenRCT2)
- Settlers 2 (moddable with Return to the Roots)
- Spelunky (moddable with Frozlunky)
- Tomb Raider 2 (moddable with Tomb-Raider-II-Multiplayer-Mod)
- Undertale (moddable with Undertale Together)

Hope this helps someone. <3
Post edited March 21, 2024 by crunchyOwl
crunchyOwl: I would like to propose a new "sub-category" for this thread, moddable singleplayer-games.

Let me explain: There are some games which can be bought on GOG which are single-player games, but can be modded to have DRM-free network-based multiplayer. All the mods should NOT be requiring any DRM/login or Steam to be added to this list. Entries should at least include the name of the mod here. URLs can change, so I would propose just to stick with the name in this thread, searching for the mod is usually very easy.

New proposals for entries (I have tested some of them, but as far as i know all mods allow direct-ip and are DRM-free):
- Caveblazers (moddable with Caveblazers Together)
- Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind (moddable with TES3MP)
- Fallout: New Vegas (moddable with NV:Multiplayer)
- Hollow Knight (moddable with HKMP)
- Jagged Alliance 2 (moddable with Jagged Alliance 1.13)
- Kerbal Space Program (moddable with Luna Mod or DMP)
- Nox (moddable with OpenNox)
- Nuclear Throne (moddable with Nuclear Throne Together)
- Postal 2 (moddable with Sven Co-op)
- Rimworld (moddable with Rimworld Multiplayer)
- Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (moddable with OpenRCT2)
- Settlers 2 (moddable with Return to the Roots)
- Spelunky (moddable with Frozlunky)
- Tomb Raider 2 (moddable with Tomb-Raider-II-Multiplayer-Mod)
- Undertale (moddable with Undertale Together)

Hope this helps someone. <3
Thanks. That is interesting. I'll add it to my second post in this thread, because the total length of posts is limited on GOG. So I don't want to add another growing list to the first post. But the information is surely good to have.
I've tested Divinity Original Sin 2 and Baldur's Gate 3 and both work for LAN.

A storm came while I was playing LAN Baldur's Gate 3 turning off our internet connection. We didn't even notice the internet had gone out until I tried to look something up online. LAN is awesome! :D

However, Grim Dawn I refunded because no matter what I did, including following all the instructions given by the developers and using their in-game tool to verify everything was working correctly, I could NOT get LAN to work. I have no other issues with most games that should work LAN, so in my opinion it is the game.

Also thanks for this list! :)
Post edited April 01, 2024 by dhonavin
BenKii: Ok, this is now my new favorite thread. Bookmarked! :D

I'd like to add to this list the Saints Row games.
Namely the following:
Saints Row 2 (LAN)
Saints Row Gat Out of Hell (LAN)
Saints Row The Third - The Full Package (LAN)
Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition (LAN)

Note: Only the original version of Saints 3 has an offline LAN option. The new remastered version took that away and only left online multiplayer that requires GOG Galaxy.
Saints Row 4 Re-Elected (the current version you are FORCED to have if you purchase SR4 in store, kinda the point of this list imo?) did not work for me LAN. I even "found" the older Game of the Century Edition setup_saints_row_4_20170523_(12199) version before the Epic Games shit was added, it didn't work LAN either. I did get 2 & 3 (not remastered) working no problem, though.
Post edited April 01, 2024 by dhonavin
OK. I'll remove Saints Row 4 from the list.

Grim Dawn LAN did work for me though. But it was a while ago. So maybe one of the later updates broke LAN or introduced intentionally a restriction to only drmed multiplayer.

@all: can you check whether LAN still works for Grim Dawn in the current version?
Lifthrasil: OK. I'll remove Saints Row 4 from the list.

Grim Dawn LAN did work for me though. But it was a while ago. So maybe one of the later updates broke LAN or introduced intentionally a restriction to only drmed multiplayer.

@all: can you check whether LAN still works for Grim Dawn in the current version?
Still worked in 1.2. (The rest of the game got sucky in that patch, but the LAN multiplayer still works just fine.) There are a couple sub-patches of 1.2 I haven't played in a couple months, but nothing in their notes indicates any netcode changes.
Post edited April 01, 2024 by mqstout
Lifthrasil: OK. I'll remove Saints Row 4 from the list.

mqstout: Still worked in 1.2. (The rest of the game got sucky in that patch, but the LAN multiplayer still works just fine.) There are a couple sub-patches of 1.2 I haven't played in a couple months, but nothing in their notes indicates any netcode changes.
Thank you!
I just tried again, 1.2.0.5a and LAN didn't work with the offline files, but ok.
dhonavin: I just tried again, 1.2.0.5a and LAN didn't work with the offline files, but ok.
Donno what to tell you -- hubby and I just tested just fine. (These PCs do have Galaxy on them, but was closed for this activity. When we've tried to let it go via Galaxy multiplayer before, we used to have regular crashes compared to LAN play .
dhonavin: I just tried again, 1.2.0.5a and LAN didn't work with the offline files, but ok.
mqstout: Donno what to tell you -- hubby and I just tested just fine. (These PCs do have Galaxy on them, but was closed for this activity. When we've tried to let it go via Galaxy multiplayer before, we used to have regular crashes compared to LAN play .
Well, Galaxy edited my games and was required to get LAN to work on Star Wars Battlefront 2. I stopped using Galaxy because it consistently edited files and imported games regardless of my settings or workarounds. Wouldn't be surprised if a fix or function for LAN was in Galaxy and not in the offline files.
Some games me and my GF played a lot via LAN in coop and I have not seen in the suggestions yet:
- Van Helsing (Final Cut)
- Sacred
- Sacred 2 (Gold, incl. last community patch!)
- Torchlight 2 (hint: look out for TL2Cam which allows you to rotate the screen and zoom in/out ;-) )

Untested, but SHOULD be playable without Galaxy (have to be confirmed):
- Victor Vran
- Hellpoint - seems it did not require Galaxy when I bought it in 2021 (v366), but now does?

Also:
"Divinity: Original Sin" is in the list; you should make clear that LAN is also possible with D:OS 2.
Post edited April 04, 2024 by belushi1965
crunchyOwl: - Spelunky (moddable with Frozlunky)
I think it is worth adding that Spelunky supports hotseat multiplayer up to 4 players without any mod.

[edit] Now I found that it's on a separate list.
Post edited April 04, 2024 by thiagott
Thank you for the additions!