It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

clarry: I believe one of them was talking about Shadow Magic (2004) and the other about AoW3 (2014).
Lifthrasil: Ah! Thanks ... now which is which? AoW3 is probably the 'evil' one that authenticates in the background?
Yes, AoW 3 is the one with "DRM-ed" multiplayer.
Parkitect might? I just tested it without Galaxy running and it saw games to join and create seemed to work. But I do have Galaxy on my computer. (Parkitect just added multiplayer in its update this week. It's listed as still beta.) It also appears to be cross-platform with the Steam version from what I see.

Lifthrasil, I see you also didn't add Grim Dawn to the original post yet.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by mqstout
mqstout: Parkitect might? I just tested it without Galaxy running and it saw games to join and create seemed to work. But I do have Galaxy on my computer. (Parkitect just added multiplayer in its update this week. It's listed as still beta.) It also appears to be cross-platform with the Steam version from what I see.

Lifthrasil, I see you also didn't add Grim Dawn to the original post yet.
Right. Sorry. Grim Dawn added! Great game, by the way!

I'll wait for confirmation of Parkitect when it is out of beta. Still good news.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Lifthrasil
I think Titan Quest belongs on this list as well.

I'm pretty sure, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Vendor-Lazarus: I think Titan Quest belongs on this list as well.

I'm pretty sure, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks for the hint. Tested it, LAN works.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Lifthrasil
You can add Swat 4 (LAN) and Sir You are being Hunted (LAN).

Not sure if you can change the title but I would add DRM-FREE ONLINE multiplayer because GOG has a ton of local and same screen Multiplayer that works without DRM.
Arcadius-8606: You can add Swat 4 (LAN) and Sir You are being Hunted (LAN).

Not sure if you can change the title but I would add DRM-FREE ONLINE multiplayer because GOG has a ton of local and same screen Multiplayer that works without DRM.
Thank you for the addition. No, I can't change the title. I can ask a mod to do so, but no guarantee on how long that will take.
clarry: Ghost Recon was playable in LAN at least. Stardew Valley too. Terraria. Starbound. A friend told he played Hidden & Dangerous 2 in LAN, I didn't test it myself.
Lifthrasil: Thanks!
Btw, if you can join a server through a site's link plus a LAN/LAN-like port, does it count as LAN or direct IP?
If it's LAN, then, afaik, Starbound's multiplayer is exclusively LAN-based
Lifthrasil: Since it was quite depressing to create this thread about DRM on GOG, because I felt it necessary, I'll cheer myself up by making a list of games that still are 100% DRM-free on all parts, including multiplayer.
Yes, DRM-free multiplayer is possible! The 'but multiplayer requires online regristration of some form' excuse, that is often toted by apologists, is false. So here are the games that offer DRM-free multiplayer, either as LAN or Direct-IP (personal dedicated server). Note that many LAN games can also be played online via Hamachi or some other form of virtual LAN.

Since I hardly play and multiplayer, please help me out extending this list with good examples of games that don't require Galaxy or any online registration. They can allow online registration to some proprietary server (like Battlenet), as long as it is not required and the games offers DRM-free alternatives for multiplayer.

[In alphabetical order]

Age of Civilization II (LAN only)
Age of Wonders Shadow Magic (LAN)
Anno Series
(while Uplay is required for online multiplayer, the games do offer LAN multiplayer)
Battle Isle: Incubation (but not sure if it's LAN, direct ip or both)
Call of Juarez (LAN, internet via Doomseeker)
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood (LAN and direct IP)
Civilization IV (LAN and direct IP)
Crysis Wars (LAN and direct)
Descent 1+2 (LAN and online)
Diablo+Hellfire (LAN)
Disciples II: Rise of Elves/Gallean Return (LAN and internet TCP/IP)
Divinity Original Sin (LAN and direct IP)
Doom I+II (LAN)
Doom III (with a trick. Check the top rated review)
Dusk
Fallen Haven: Liberation Day (LAN/WAN)
Ghost Recon
Grim Dawn (LAN)
Jazz Jackrabbit 2: Secret Files (LAN, with JJ2+ also via internet)
Overload
Painkiller (LAN)
Quake I + II
Serious Sam: First Encounter/Second Encounter
Sir You are being Hunted (LAN)
Soldier of Fortune II (LAN and direct IP)
Starbound
Stardew Valley (LAN and direct IP)
Swat 4 (LAN)
Terraria
Titan Quest (LAN)
Trine 1+2 (LAN and direct IP, didn't test 3 and 4 yet)
Unreal (LAN, dedicated server)
Unreal Tournament 99 (LAN and direct)
Unreal Tournament 2004 (LAN and direct)
War for the Overworld (LAN and direct IP)
Warcraft II (LAN)
Warhammer 40k Gladius: Relics of War (Direct IP)
Wasteland 3 (direct IP)

... to be continued ...
While i haven't tried it (no one to try it with), Falcon 4 appears to be. I imagine just about everything (although i'm aware not everything: as some require CD keys) that has multiplayer and is older than galaxy is. I'd go throuhg my games, myself, but the lack of gog mixes to help me categorize them makes it difficult for me to sort what games have multiplayer so i can actually remember them.
kohlrak: While i haven't tried it (no one to try it with), Falcon 4 appears to be. I imagine just about everything (although i'm aware not everything: as some require CD keys) that has multiplayer and is older than galaxy is. I'd go throuhg my games, myself, but the lack of gog mixes to help me categorize them makes it difficult for me to sort what games have multiplayer so i can actually remember them.
Well, some game's old multiplayer may not be working anymore or some LAN may have been deactivated later. @all: can someone test, whether the LAN mode and/or other DRM-free multiplayer in the Falcon series still works?
Some candidates to add to the list:
Risk of Rain(Direct IP)
Sins of a Solar Empire(Direct IP)
Hammerwatch (Direct IP)
Factorio (Direct IP)
Post edited May 01, 2021 by phil_s633
You can add Blood: Fresh Supply to the list.
Thank you both!
Berzerk2k2: You can add Blood: Fresh Supply to the list.
Can you specify, whether it has LAN or direct IP or both?
Post edited May 01, 2021 by Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil: Can you specify, whether it has LAN or direct IP or both?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm/post365
Lifthrasil: Can you specify, whether it has LAN or direct IP or both?
Berzerk2k2: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/drm_on_gog_list_of_singleplayer_games_with_drm/post365
Thanks for the reminder.