It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
mqstout: Overall:
Yes, belongs on this list. But, no, the requirements are not accurate and it does have at least basic offline functionality.

EDIT: Requested refund.
Lifthrasil: So, the warning: "needs online connection for full functionality" would be correct?
Oops, forgot to attach screen shot. The game claims there are some online-play-unlockedskins in one of the nag screens. So the same "cosmetics" category as many.

EDIT: Attached other 2 nags too.
Attachments:
Post edited May 26, 2023 by mqstout
mrkgnao: I don't have the game, but I did notice that "Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire Edition" has a minimum system requirement of "Network:
Broadband Internet connection". Can someone who has bought the game check whether that is indeed a requirement?
Thank you for pointing that out.
mrkgnao: I don't have the game, but I did notice that "Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire Edition" has a minimum system requirement of "Network:
Broadband Internet connection". Can someone who has bought the game check whether that is indeed a requirement?
SpellSword: Thank you for pointing that out.
You're welcome. See mqstout's posts above for details, though.
Post edited May 30, 2023 by mrkgnao
Even if it's been a few years, having a list of games with DRM on GOG can still be helpful for gamers looking for DRM-free options. It's always good to have discussions and share knowledge about gaming-related topics, regardless of how long ago the thread was created.

While the gaming landscape might have changed since then, having this information archived can still be useful to some extent. So, thank you again for contributing to the thread and providing insights on games with DRM on GOG.
Also, if you're looking for more games to play with your friends, check out this word game. It's an excellent option if you want to have a good time with others.
If you have any more recent information or updates on the topic, feel free to share it.
Post edited June 15, 2023 by BenelSwen
BenelSwen: .. .
Yes please. I still keep updating the list. So any new additions or discoveries of DRM in singleplayer GOG games should be reported here.
Post edited June 15, 2023 by Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil: Yes please. I still keep updating the list. So any new additions or discoveries of DRM in singleplayer GOG games should be reported here.
It's an AI spam robot you're talking to...
Post edited June 15, 2023 by mrkgnao
Lifthrasil: Yes please. I still keep updating the list. So any new additions or discoveries of DRM in singleplayer GOG games should be reported here.
mrkgnao: It's an AI spam robot you're talking to...
Oh. Thanks for telling me. Hopefully it's at least a DRM free spam bot! :-)
high rated
Wonder if being unable to change the player name in Endless Space 2 without Galaxy is enough for the list?
high rated
Oh lord that's just shitty design too. Why would the player ever not be able to specify their name, etc, in-game? Why would it ever be tied to an API call at all? They [Sega publishing] had similar in Hospital on initial release. But, yeah -- AOW3 is in the list with this issue.
Post edited July 03, 2023 by mqstout
Given how stupid the default name is, I'd say it definitely qualifies.
Post edited July 03, 2023 by Magnitus
List of games that require GOG Galaxy for multiplayer

Streets of Rage 4
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII GALAXY EDITION

wait, does that mean that these 2 games don't allow for 2 players to play on the same computer together?
or at least without galaxy...
Magnitus: Given how stupid the default name is, I'd say it definitely qualifies.
Oh, a name, not even a login.

What is also stupìd and qualifies as a pure excuse is to see DRM everywhere and calling this nonsense DRM.
If it is a thing, It is just an unnecessary and lazy stupidity, indeed. But you, guys, are forcing this thing too far just to fill a thread with issues as a hobby.

If this qualifies as DRM I am the Pope of Rome. But, hey, be free to expand the ghosts forward.

At least be creative and call it something different.
Post edited July 03, 2023 by Gudadantza
high rated
Gudadantza: At least be creative and call it something different
I suppose we could spin off yet another thread called "Offline Installers Containing Yet Another Irritating and Completely Unnecessary Galaxy Dependency That Interferes With The Game In Some Way But Is Also Totally Not DRM (tm)" but on top of DRM in Offline Installers, Outdated GOG Builds vs Steam, Outdated Offline Installer Builds vs Galaxy, 2nd Class Citizen Missing Features, Missing Achievements, etc, separate lists, "Is it really too much to ask that I can buy an offline installer and have it work properly client-less and BS-free" gets a bit too much to keep track of when 1-2 spreadsheets turns into a 6-12 different lists sprawled across various non-sticked threads on the site. If anything I'd go the opposite direction and consolidate the lot into one "Offline Installers with Issues" (DRM + Galaxy / online gated bonus content + Galaxy dependency BS + outdated builds, etc) spreadsheet...
Post edited July 03, 2023 by AB2012
Gudadantza: At least be creative and call it something different
AB2012: I suppose we could spin off yet another thread called "Offline Installers Containing Yet Another Irritating and Completely Unnecessary Galaxy Dependency That Interferes With The Game In Some Way But Is Also Totally Not DRM (tm)" but on top of DRM in Offline Installers, Outdated GOG Builds vs Steam, Outdated Offline Installer Builds vs Galaxy, 2nd Class Citizen Missing Features, Missing Achievements, etc, separate lists, "Is it really too much to ask that I can buy an offline installer and have it work properly client-less and BS-free" gets a bit too much to keep track of when 1-2 spreadsheets turns into a 6-12 different lists sprawled across various non-sticked threads on the site. If anything I'd go the opposite direction and consolidate the lot into one "Offline Installers with Issues" (DRM + Galaxy / online gated bonus content + Galaxy dependency BS + outdated builds, etc) spreadsheet...
Nothing wrong with creating more threads.
Magnitus: Given how stupid the default name is, I'd say it definitely qualifies.
It's not DRM, but hey, who cares. I'm going to make a support ticket for this issue. Let's see what happens.
Post edited July 03, 2023 by Syphon72