It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's take turns, asking all the right questions!

<span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span>, the sequel to one of the most beloved RPGs in recent years, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com! The good people of Larian Studios will be joining us in person to celebrate the occasion, and they've agreed to answer your most Sin-ful questions regarding the long-awaited epic.

The first <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin</span> sure made a big splash in the RPG community, with its inventive use of turn-based tactics and impressive attention to detail. Two years later, its sequel is about to raise the bar even further, as Larian Studios are committed to improving and expanding all of the original's celebrated features in meaningful and highly ambitious ways. Aside from the complex origin stories and the rich character creation options, expect even more engaging turn-based combat, smarter NPC A.I., and extended player freedom. And of course, get ready to meet Eithne, the enigmatic, scroll-selling NPC that the GOG community helped design back in April!

Do you want to know more about <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span> and its fast-approaching entry into our Games in Development program? Now is the time to ask! Post your questions below until Monday, October 24th, and Larian Studios will answer the most intriguing ones alongside the game's arrival, coming soon on GOG.com.
Fonzosh: 1. The magic item system. Since my middle name is munchkin, I want the best. That involves running around to all the merchants each level up just to get maybe 1 thing a little bit better (oooooohh so tedious, but I just cant help it). I would actually prefer this to be removed. Let the merchants/chests have a fixed lvl of items, all spawned from a numeric value that is fixed when you start the game. That way you will allways find the same thing at the same merchant (a bit as in the BG and other Black Isle games).
Torian: level scaling of anything in any game with non-procedial generated level is just terrible design. so yes please
Yep, must totally agree with your there. I played Oblivion quite a lot but the lvl scaling of monsters/items really made me never finish the game. I love it when you reach an unknown cave and just scream "Lets get the hell out of here" but when you do you also know that an equally powerful artifact is in there so if you want it even though you are to low a level, you have to think up other strategies. This I loved in Baldurs gate and the like. You know that you can get an extremely powerful item way above your level if you just have the right tactic (and a bit of luck). Beating powerful enemies against impossible odds should have an equally powerful reward (that is, magic item, ability or something like).

In DOS I allways find crap in monster stashes, since my bought items (with some crafting) almost allways are better. Why? Because in a treasure trove they spawn about the same items as a merchant but the merchants spawns so many more. This forces you to check every merchant now and again just to see whats in the store. Please Larian, take away the lvl scaling on items/crafting.
Post edited October 26, 2016 by Fonzosh
This kind of makes me wonder if the full QA is scheduled to be simultaneous with the gog EA launch. Maybe I'm just eager or something.
mothwentbad: This kind of makes me wonder if the full QA is scheduled to be simultaneous with the gog EA launch. Maybe I'm just eager or something.
Larian Studios will answer the most intriguing ones alongside the game's arrival,
Yes, I believe that's exactly what they're saying.

Larian Studios will answer the most intriguing ones alongside the game's arrival,
RPGOracle: Yes, I believe that's exactly what they're saying.
It was in the syllabus the whole time! X-P
Raze_Larian: .
Niggles: will there be the daylight/night climate
Raze_Larian: No. The origins and tag system are already quite complex, without adding NPC schedules, changes to opponents and quests, etc, that would be needed to have a day/night cycle that was not just cosmetic.

Cheers for the response!! :). Backed both games and enjoyed the first . Eagerly waiting for the 2nd game.:)
Finally! The game (In-Development access) is available! Thank you.
But I thought the answers to these questions were supposed to come "alongside the game's release"?
Post edited October 28, 2016 by RPGOracle