It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's take turns, asking all the right questions!

<span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span>, the sequel to one of the most beloved RPGs in recent years, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com! The good people of Larian Studios will be joining us in person to celebrate the occasion, and they've agreed to answer your most Sin-ful questions regarding the long-awaited epic.

The first <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin</span> sure made a big splash in the RPG community, with its inventive use of turn-based tactics and impressive attention to detail. Two years later, its sequel is about to raise the bar even further, as Larian Studios are committed to improving and expanding all of the original's celebrated features in meaningful and highly ambitious ways. Aside from the complex origin stories and the rich character creation options, expect even more engaging turn-based combat, smarter NPC A.I., and extended player freedom. And of course, get ready to meet Eithne, the enigmatic, scroll-selling NPC that the GOG community helped design back in April!

Do you want to know more about <span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span> and its fast-approaching entry into our Games in Development program? Now is the time to ask! Post your questions below until Monday, October 24th, and Larian Studios will answer the most intriguing ones alongside the game's arrival, coming soon on GOG.com.
Ichwillnichtmehr: Will the Backers with beta-access be able to get the beta here?
Yes. Backers who have not claimed their early access key on Steam yet, will be able to get a GoG key that they can use for the "Games In Development" program here on GoG (once it's available).
(Source: Larian's official DoS2 forum)

Dralel: When is this coming to GOG?!?!

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is planned to join the Games in Development program on GOG.com in October 2016.
So GoG's early access program is coming to GoG before the end of this month. But that's still the alpha version, for those with alpha/beta access (ie Kickstarter backers). The full release will probably be ready sometime next year.
Post edited October 21, 2016 by RPGOracle
Dralel: When is this coming to GOG?!?!
Totally and probably reading way too much into the statement at the start of this thread, but if I were a betting man I'd say Tuesday.
Ixamyakxim: Totally and probably reading way too much into the statement at the start of this thread, but if I were a betting man I'd say Tuesday.
That would be great, but that doesn't give Swen an awful lot of time to answer all those questions... I guess it (the start of the In Development access) will be a few days later.
2 questions:

is there going to be more dungeons (and with a more darker colour palette) to explore in this game?

Is the glorious Zandalor making his return in this sequel??

Thank you!
shawne: How accessible is the story? Do you have to play the first Original Sin to understand what's going on?
D:OS2 takes place over a 1000 years after D:OS, so no (not any more than you need to have played the original Divine Divinity, which also takes takes place before D:OS2, but much less).

Are these the same player characters as the first game,
No. In D:OS you are Source Hunters (people sent to track down and deal with people that use Source), while in D:OS2 you are people that use Source.

and will any of the companions be returning?
Doubtful. Some non-companion characters, like Zandalor, appear in pretty much every Divinity game though.
Post edited October 21, 2016 by jmaebe
Hi,

I'd like to know if a Linux version is planned further down the line, like you did with the 1st Divinity: Original Sin?

Thank you very much,

Cheers,
Manawyddan: Hi,

I'd like to know if a Linux version is planned further down the line, like you did with the 1st Divinity: Original Sin?

Thank you very much,

Cheers,
From the FAQ on the Kickstarter page:

Right now, we're focusing on Windows only. Additional platforms may be announced in the future.

Believe us, it's not that we're not interested in producing a version for Mac/Linux/Console, it's just that we want to get the gameplay and world fleshed out in all the detail that it needs first. Once we have the game fully worked out, we'll start looking at porting it to other platforms. That’s not something that’ll happen during the Kickstarter or indeed this year.

But - and it’s an important but - we do have most things in place to support several other platforms, since we are starting work from the Divinity: Original Sin- Enhanced Edition engine. We just don’t want to make any promises yet.
Hi,

I play CRPGs on my own, so not much into the coop-multiplayer aspects of them, my questions are:

How many characters would I be able to create at release? What's the max size of the party?
But most of all, can you tell us how many companions/NPCs will be in-game at release?

Thanks
I love you Sven

Edit: Also I should finish the first one.
Post edited October 21, 2016 by Antimateria
demonbox77: How many characters would I be able to create at release? What's the max size of the party?
Your max party size is 4, just like it was in Divinity: Original Sin.
At the start of the game you create your (one) main character (you pick your race, origin story, etc), the rest of the party is picked up lateron in the game, from the companions/NPCs that you meet along the way (or if you're playing a multiplayer game, the other party members can be fellow players). There are several companions that you can meet/recruit (don't know the exact number that they have planned there, though, so that'd be a good question for Swen)
I have one thing, actually, who makes the music? Divinity games has been known (for me) with good music. I still have my save in Dragon saga.. I had over 70 hours.. i did like how did you do that game even though I now I know that you didn't want to make it like it is but you know that game is pretty good.. Flying with dragon and that shoot the towers it kinda sucks but there was a reason I have saves, It awesome game.
Where is my GOG backer beta Sven?
Antimateria: I have one thing, actually, who makes the music? Divinity games has been known (for me) with good music. I still have my save in Dragon saga.. I had over 70 hours.. i did like how did you do that game even though I now I know that you didn't want to make it like it is but you know that game is pretty good.. Flying with dragon and that shoot the towers it kinda sucks but there was a reason I have saves, It awesome game.
Borislav “Bobby” Slavov!
For more info, see kickstarter update #21
I play the alpha on steam (sorry, I could not wait) and here are some answers:

- You do not need any knowledge of other Larian games to understand any Larian games. All games are set in the same universe so some chars and locations appear in several games, but each game tells its own story.
- You have a party of up to 4 chars
- Before release you can only play the first chapter as alpha or beta.
- There are 2 difficulty settings in the alpha now, more will be added later.
- You can select a char with a pre defined background (origin) or create a char without origin. Right now you can select 4 origins, I think I have read that 2 more will be added. Each origin has a pre defined race, gender and personal quests, but you can select whatever stats and skills you like.
- Right now you can play the main game in single or multi player and you can play arena mode with pre generated chars.
- This is an alpha. Lots of things will be changed (stat system for example) and more functions will be added as the alpha/beta goes on.
So Larian, have you considered making a PvP mode? You could have competitive maps, tower defense modes, and board game style things. Just don't forget to make it cross-play between GOG and Steam (p2p maybe?).